CLOSED: Bombay Bistro

253-761-9999

4328 6th Ave (at Proctor District), Tacoma, Washington, USA, 98406

Serves meat, vegan options available. North Indian cuisine restaurant. Has some vegetarian items, buffet at lunch. Very accommodating to vegans and an extensive vegetarian section on the menu. Reported closed to HappyCow. Closed Mon.

Categories: Indian, Buffet, Beer/Wine, Take-out, Non-veg

First Review by Tofu Mom

Lunch Buffet Review - Edit

I've only been to Bombay Bistro for the lunch buffet, so I can't speak for their dinner selection. It was a small buffet, I think they had 3 vegan options. For $8, I ate a LOT and was satisfied. The food wasn't anything amazing, just good. I might go back for dinner to see if they have more options, but so far I'm not very impressed with the selection or quality.

Pros: Cheap, Lot of food, Pretty good food

Cons: Little selection, Not clearly marked

Nice options, helpful staff - Edit

While not entirely vegetarian/vegan this place does have MANY options. (If we reviewed only pure-vegetarian restaurants, there would be very few choices for some of us who don't live in more populated areas.)

What mkes this place worth visiting, is first, the food - which is amazing - and second the staff, who are genuinely helpful and they KNOW WHAT THE WORD VEGAN MEANS!

We went several times and were very impressed with the variety and choices. The buffest middays may have less that's specifically vegan, but plenty for lacto-ovo types.

In the evenings though, when ordering off the menu, you can tell them you are vegan, they will GET IT and help you choose from a variety of wonderfully tasty dishes.

Pros: Beautiful decor, Many choices, VERY TASTY food!

Cons: Does serve meat, buffet has few vegan items

Return to Tacoma Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has CLOSED: Bombay Bistro closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.