Bomba Tacos & Rum

• ( 6 reviews )

3900 Medina Rd, Fairlawn, Ohio, USA, 44333

Serves meat, vegan options available. Caribbean-inspired Mexican food along with rum cocktails & flights. Offers option for vegan tacos, craft-your-own guacamole, and marked vegetarian items a few of which can be veganized.

Categories: Lacto, Ovo, Beer/Wine, Mexican, Caribbean, Non-veg

First Review by redxblack

MSchlat

Points +113

31 Oct 2021

Not Many Vegan options, but delicious

I informed the server that I was vegan and she was knowledgeable and helpful. They currently have a plant based chorizo taco which came on a cheesy shell, but they switched the cheese for guacamole for me. I also had the fried avocado taco which was tasty. It is fried in a shared fryer with animal products, if you're not okay with that.

Pros: Willing to modify foods to be vegan , Have plant based meat

Cons: Not many vegan options

StefanieJoann

Points +180

01 Jul 2020

Delicious!

Very knowledgeable in vegan dishes. They dont have any "vegan options" but theres lots of vegetarian options that can be easily made vegan.
I had the mango salsa with plantain chips, coconut mango rice, crispy avocado taco, kale and corn taco and spicy mushroom taco. All very easily made vegan by removing the cheese

Highly recommend 🤤🤤🤤

Pros: Delicious good. Staff with knowledge of , Vegan dishes

Cons: Not fully vegan

VeganSoapDude

Points +3163

16 Feb 2020

Yum!

Nice modern restaurant with really delicious vegan tacos and more. Everything was delicious. I want to eat the fried avocado tacos every day. They have great lunch and happy hour specials and a phenomenal selection of rums as well!

Pros: Great tacos, Great specials, Great rums

Cons: Not 100% vegan

MichelleKreidler

Points +88

Vegetarian
21 Sep 2019

Yummy!

A friend recently told us that Bomba has a nice vegan selection so we decided to try it out. Their food was wonderful! We told our server we were vegan and our request was accommodated without hesitation. We tried the brussel sprout taco, sweet potato taco, fried avocado taco and the guacamole and chips (the chips are a blend of Plantain, Yucca, Malanga & Tortilla). Everything was delicious! But my favorite was the roasted brussel sprout taco (I was surprised too).

Pros: Helpful servers

fruitsandveggies18

Points +16

27 May 2018

Average

Menu says ask server for suggestions if you are vegan, but my server didn’t really have any suggestions. None of the salad dressings are vegan so I got tacos. I got the new kale & corn taco & modified it to be vegan, along with the fried avocado - they said the pesto on it is vegan! They both tasted pretty good, so that’s good. (The avocado is fried in a shared fryer with animal products just FYI)

redxblack

Points +24

23 Sep 2017

They'll make it vegan, and bad

Vegans avoid this place. They currently have two vegetarian tacos they can make vegan by removing any flavor from them. Last time I ate there I got the kale salad without cheese. It came with cheese, which I gave to my ovo-lacto friend. We both got sick. This place is probably awesome if you eat animals or like drinking rum. It's not for us.

Pros: Willing to veganize the menu options

Cons: flavorless, limited menu, got sick from the food

Return to Fairlawn Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Bomba Tacos & Rum closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.