First Review by keithpp

What an experience - Edit

I went to one of the special "Bom Bane's - The Musical" nights before Christmas. Absolutely lovely.

The setting itself is great - off the beaten track down a side street in Kemp Town (the mainly gay area so lovely and relaxed and safe). Downstairs is like a little oasis with low ceilings, sofas, etc.

The food was to die for. Various dips and pitta bread to start. For the life of me, I can't remember what the main course actually was, but it was divine!

The musical nights are a real treat. All the serving staff are singers, and you're treated to a number of amusing, moving and beautifully constructed songs while you eat.

Apparently, even on non-musical special evenings, it's entirely possible that one of the staff might pop out of the kitchen to sing or play for your entertainment.

It really is a find, and comes highly recommended.

Pros: Gorgeous food, Great staff, Fantastic experience.

excellent place to eat - Edit

In the old part of Brighton just up from the seafront not far from Brighton Pier, Bom-Bane's is one of the best places to eat in Brighton.

I ate in Bom-Bane's February 2007 with a friend. The vegetarian meal we had was excellent.

The atmosphere is very quirky, but to say how, would be to spoil the fun.

Bom-Bane's is run by Jane Bom-Bane, a musician, and I came away with CDs by both her and Nick Pynn.

Although I have been in Brighton several times since I have sadly been unable to eat at Bom-Bane's as I was always there on a Sunday and they unfortunately do not open on a Sunday.

Also try Iydea in the North Laine part of Brighton.

Pros: excellent food, quirky atmosphere, occasional live music

Return to Brighton Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has REMOVED: Bom-Bane's closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 302 times since Mar 2008.