Bollywood Indian Restaurant

Contact n/a

Praia das Pescadoras, Armacao De Pera, Portugal,

Serves meat, vegan options available. Indian restaurant, lists the vegetarian items separately, several of which can adapted for vegans including the chana dhal, toor dhal, bombay potatoes, mixed vegetable curry plus items such as poppadum and other starters. English spoken. Open Tue-Sun 12:00pm-3:00pm, Tue-Sun 6:00pm-9:00pm.

Category: Lacto, Indian, Non-veg

First Review by hack_man

Bolly Good Show - Edit

We've been going to Bollywood for years. Since 2009 anyway. It was always the first port of call for a good vegan meal when arriving in Armacao de Pera. Now it's been added to Happy Cow (not by me incidentally) I thought it would be appropriate to provide a review. The staff have always been friendly and can make pretty much any of their curries as meat free. We usually go for a mushroom dhansak, a chick pea dhaal or a vegetable madras as a main course and Bombay potatoes as a side dish. They are served in traditional copper pots heated over tea light burners. Be aware all of the vegetable side dishes are actually as big as main courses and make sure you ask for any vegetable curry to be prepared without paneer cheese if having as vegan. I've always found the food at Bollywood to be excellent. The only issue is the location next to a tacky tourist shop and the slightly dated interior. We usually sit outside anyway which is generally pleasant enough. For around €30 you'll get pickles and popadoms, 2 mains, a side dish, rice for two, a large bottle of water and a bottle of wine. I call that a bargain, but maybe not the best I ever had.

Pros: vegan choice, friendly

Cons: location, dated interior

Return to Armacao De Pera Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Bollywood Indian Restaurant closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.