Bohemian Raw Cafe

• ( 17 reviews )

Abell Point Marina, South Village, Shop 1A Shingley Dr, Airlie Beach, Whitsunday, Queensland, Australia, 4802

Serves meat, vegan options available. Cafe offering vegan choices such as raw cakes, desserts, smoothies, boho bowls, balls and acai bowls. Coconut latte and golden latte are dairy-free. Savory take away lunches are mostly raw, vegan; wraps contain gluten. Its other location at Victoria Point location is pure veg. Open Mon 8:00am-1:00pm, Tue 8:00am-12:00pm, Wed 8:00am-1:00pm, Thu-Fri 8:00am-12:00pm, Sat-Sun 8:00am-1:00pm.

Categories: Vegan-friendly, Lacto, Ovo, Organic, Raw, Western, Australian, Non-veg

First Review by lisaz3349

Faz

Points +647

11 Jun 2021

Meh

After reading all of the reviews about friendly staff I was surprised that no one greeted us when we entered or acknowledged us while we waited.

Partner and I each grabbed one of the read-made vegan croissants from the fridge which was tasty but didn’t hit the spot, so we also ordered the smashed avo on toast which was well presented but needed salt and pepper added and was too expensive at $12 for a single slice.

Also had the Wake Me Up smoothie which sounded like it would be delicious but tasted kind of sour and not sweet at all; I suspect they used unripe bananas.

Overall the croissants were good and the cafe itself and the view are very picturesque, but smoothie was disappointing and it’s a bit pricey; but I guess that can be expected for a cafe overlooking a Platinum accredited Marina full of multi-million dollar superyachts.

Updated from previous review on 2021-06-02

Cons: Expensive, 20 cent surcharge for all EFTPOS payments

ethanobey

Points +53

05 Jun 2021

Great cafe . Needs more variety

Great cafe in great location . Tasty smoothies and great other options just wish we had more savoury options but best in the area . Great job to the owner and staff .!

Pros: Great variety in smoothie range , Good milk choices, Can eat there if family member isn’t vegan

Cons: Savoury options

TarahHodgkinson

Points +135

21 Feb 2021

Great options, but double check

Everything we had was fantastic, and the staff are super accommodating, but not all ingredients are listed so make sure you ask. Had a golden chai that used a vegan chai powder but didn’t list that they added honey. Also, they tend to shriek out peoples names so not a great place to sit for too long if you are looking to relax.

Pros: Lots of vegan options , Accommodating staff

Cons: Not all ingredients are listed - ask!

mikaelaisgro

Points +22

09 Dec 2020

5 star review

Beautiful location and refreshing food and the most friendly staff

Chelle04

Points +158

10 Oct 2020

Yummyyyy

Had a smoothie bowl which was divine

Pros: Vegan Options, Oat milk!!! Thank you

KaitMader

Points +18

24 Jul 2020

Great food!

Amazing vegan smoothie bowl and avo toast!

IainRoots

Points +22

19 Jun 2019

Great little cafe!

Spent 3 days in Airlie Beach for work and discovered this great cafe with friendly staff, prompt service, great coffee and delicious smoothie bowls (highly recommend the mango weis and açai dream smoothie bowls). Also have a good section of prepared cold meals to grab on the go and plenty of plant-based and gluten free options. Was hooked after my first visit and will definitely be back again on future business and personal trips

Pros: Lots of vegan options, Friendly staff and prompt service, Great location

JEC

Points +222

24 Oct 2018

Friendly service

Although listed in the app we stumbled upon by accident. When the staff realised we were actually Vegan they went out of there way to help. Great menu choices and great atmosphere going back again.

Pros: Mainly Vegan options.

WesMcRae

Points +27

Mostly Veg
24 Jul 2018

Mouth watering food 😋

Found this nifty little cafe by using this App, loved the food, view and service. Keep up the great work guys 👌

Pros: Awesome views , Great service , Food that’s to die for 😁

Rach777

Points +71

20 Apr 2018

Scrumptious 😋

Selected a ‘vegan special’ and definitely wasn’t disappointed. A well balanced mix of flavours and texture. Super filling. Only regret is I didn’t go here earlier on in my holiday.

DasaGebauer

Points +147

10 Mar 2018

Love this place

Little cafe in marina that has a lot of vegan options. Friendly stuff, comfortable seating inside and you can sit outside with a view od the marina. I tried their Amazeballs smoothie, sooo good! And the little raw cakes looked delicious as well.

Pros: good looking, delicious, friendly staff

melaniejk

Points +32

28 Jan 2018

Great place

Friendly cafe at Abel Point marina. Lots of options, including cake!

MiguelEusébio

Points +89

23 Nov 2017

Amazing

Nice place, good decoration , lovely, ladies. Made my day brighter 😎

Pros: plenty veg options

Cons: not full veg

EmmaZ

Points +757

04 Oct 2017

lovelovelove the boho bowls

As I am obsessed with any smoothie/acai bowls I was happy to come across this amazing place by the marina serving amazing smoothie bowls!! Will defs be back

jojoinbrighton

Points +1263

05 Aug 2017

Vegan Desserts

This place made the food for my trip to the Whitsundays with Whitsunday Bullet and we loved the food. Healthy salads and delicious raw peanut butter balls as well as a good range of bars and raw chocolate. Definitely a must visit if you're in the area.

Sallyslim12

Points +20

15 Aug 2016

great find - thanks to happy cow!

Thanks to happy cow for finding me some real food to eat. After 4 days in Hamilton Island, we were in desperate need of real foods, greens, healthy fats and proteins. Your lovely welcoming and happy staff made our day! Thanks for the takeaway so we can keep healthy and smiling back on Hamilton island.

Pros: great smoothie menu, amazing array of raw treats, fantastic salads

lisaz3349

Points +214

20 Feb 2016

Great vibes

Lots of vegan and vegetarian raw options.They have loads of smoothie bowls and even raw ice cream bars, lovely staff as well. Locates next to cafe Barcelona.

Pros: Fresh

Cons: A bit pricy

Return to Whitsunday Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Bohemian Raw Cafe closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.