First Review by wlm_11

Not so accommodating or vegan - Edit

This is probably an OK place to buy supplements, but it isn't much of a health food store. The selection is very limited. The sandwiches are good, but they all come with cheese, mayo and a really salty seasoning. There are a couple of ladies that get pretty cranky if you try to make substitutions for what is on them. And then they usually get the sandwich orders wrong. I don't eat meat or dairy and they seem very put out if I order a sandwich without cheese, mayo and the salt. I tried to make this easier by saying just the vegetables and was asked if I considered sprouts a vegetable. I think a "health food" store could be a little more accommodating to this request. Some of the staff members are very friendly, but the ones who aren't really ruin it.

Cons: grumpy staff

Disappointed - Edit

Hard to find in a strip mall (no sign, just look for the block letters on the door). Not very friendly, the lady working the counter didn't greet us when we walked in and looked at us weird when we asked if they had anything vegan. They didn't. Both their soups had meat in them. The only option was to have a lettuce-tomato-onion basic sandwich with no sauce or seasoning. The grocery section was one shelf and was overpriced. It had somethings a vegan might use (ezekial bread, ener-g egg replacer), but nothing you going throw together on the fly. We ended up going tp Hy-Vee across the street to make a salad. Not recommended. I don't even think this store/deli should be on Happycow.

Pros: Some vegan basic items in grovery, vegan toileties

Cons: unfriendly, overpriced, no vegan deli items

Return to Yankton Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Body Guard closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 542 times since Aug 2007.