Bodhi Veggie Cuisine

626-569-9888

3643 Rosemead Blvd (at just north of I-10 Fwy), Rosemead, California, USA, 91770

Chinese vegetarian food restaurant, opened in Feb 2013. Large, comfortable interior with natural lighting, plenty of tables as well booth seating and private rooms; can accommodate groups and banquets. Offers inexpensive lunch specials. Dinner is a la carte and features an extensive selection; prices moderate to slightly more. Open Mon-Sun 11:00am-9:30pm.

Category: Vegan-friendly, Lacto, Ovo, Chinese, Take-out

First Review by Chia

The real deal - Edit

Authentic food with great service. Lunch specials are a super deal, but my advice is not to order all the sides for $2 more... too much food. That said I was out of there for under $10 and am stuffed with leftovers for tomorrow. I tried the eggplant and soft tofu hot pot and it was excellent. Will be returning to satisfy craving for this dish soon.

Pros: vegan friendly, affordable, great for large groups

Delicious Food in a Beautiful Peaceful Oasis - Edit

Just outside the big city, but close enough to be just a ten-minute drive, you'll find a gentle and peaceful owner, kind staff, a flowing pond and an elegant banquet hall. The space is so serene and would be perfect for a large party, weddings and the like.

I've come with friends and everyone enjoys the food. Unique recipes share only their name with common veggie Chinese fair. The flavor and texture have a depth of understanding and soulful quality. This could be Chinese soul-food at it's very best and maybe this is what my Chinese friends tell me when they say I have not tasted the best of the cuisine their country has to offer.

I believe Bodhi Lunar Feast offers just that, a best of breed experience for a truly minimal cost.

Two people, two entrees, soup, rice and delicious hot tea for $30.

We'll be back again and again for more of this lunar goodness!!

Pros: near LA, inexpensive, great flavors

Cons: you can't turn left directly into the parking lot

greatest Chinese - Edit

This has to be the best Chinese restaurant in LA. Exotic. Tasty. Very digestible. Very friendly. Very authentic vegan Chinese cuisine. This is the place where the Asian monks eat out. Brilliant to have this available in LA. We'll worth the trek to get to Rosemead.

Very nice space - Edit

I had read about this place on HappyCow and was in the area, so stopped in for lunch with my family. Here's my Bodhi Veggie Cuisine review.

It's situated right off the I-10 freeway, go north 1 block. From the street you will see a large signage. One the the staff told me that the restaurant sits in a converted Denny's. Well, they've done an amazing job making it nice. It's huge with lots of space and natural light coming in from all sides. The look is casual fine with clean lines and natural wood panels.

For lunch we were presented with the lunch specials menu. You choose your main entree and option of rice or congee (rice soup). Or add $2 and get the combo meal which comes with a fresh juice, a dish of cold appetizer, and a sweet dessert at the end. For our combo meal the dessert was a cold sweet beans "soup," a common dish from Taiwan.

We asked for the dinner a la carte menu and ordered a rice and a noodle dish from there (the prices were more than the lunch specials). The fried rice was so yummy, the rice noodle not so much (too much soy sauce). I also enjoyed the fried oyster mushroom entree from the lunch menu.

Overall, this was a good meal in a pleasant environment. Complimentary hot jasmine tea, too.

Return to Rosemead Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Bodhi Veggie Cuisine closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.