Bodhi Thai Kitchen

Contact 310-248-2777

9198 W Olympic Blvd, Beverly Hills, California, USA, 90212

Opened Jun 2010 this little vegetarian restaurant turned all-vegan in 2014. Offers Thai cuisine like soups and curries as well as American foods like veggie burgers and wraps. Being in the Jewish-populated area of LA, it is certified Kosher and closed on Saturday. Has parking lot. Moved from Pico Blvd. November 2016. Open Mon-Thu 11:00am-10:00pm, Fri 11:00am-4:00pm, Sun 11:00am-10:00pm.

Category: Vegan, American, Thai, Delivery, Take-out, Kosher

First Review by Vegan Tony

Average food - Edit

Overall, the food here is quite average. This restaurant is close to where I live, so I have been here several times. I have tried everything from the Pad Thai to the vegan burger.

Pros: Cosy environment

not vegan, but vegetarian - Edit

I like this place overall, but be careful if you are vegan. Their egg noodles have, well, egg in them. the first person said she thought but wasn't sure, and the second person said yes, eggs in egg noodles (duh). a lot of their stuff is good tho, and they are accommodating to changes in orders.

Made some changes for better - Edit

When this restaurant had first opened back in 2010 I ate here a few times. Back then, the space was very basic, small, and the foods was bad.

That's changed. This time around (December 2014), to my surprise, the food was better, had more flavor. Even the decor has been spruced up. Looks fancier than before.

The menu is different, too, and the prices are slightly higher than before.

Most importantly, the food tastes better. Papaya salad, pho noodle soup, and lentil burger were all good. But I don't recommend the fried spring rolls (meh).

All in all, the current Bodhi Kitchen is a fair place for a casual bite that's all veg-vegan.

Pros: vegan and vegetarian, has parking

Great Vegan Thai Food - Edit

I'm so happy I got to visit Bodhi Thai while I was in LA - their soups, Pad Thai, salads, & sweet potato fries. I soooo wish it were closer so I could eat there more often!

Despite being vegan and kosher, the food tasted the same as non-vegan, non-kosher Thai food that I've had before.

Pros: Amazing Food, Nice Wait Staff, Big Portions

Cons: On the small side

wish I lived nearby ! - Edit

bought vegan take-out for my 6 hour drive back to Sacramento. I'd eat here often if I could- delicious vegan food, friendly staff. Only 2 items on whole menu were not vegan (used egg noodles).

Pros: menu, staff, ambience

Bodhi Kitchen on Pico Blvd. - Edit

Glad to encounter such a place just blocks from my home! Best dishes were pad thai and pumpkin fried rice. I did not like the papaya salad. I was glad to see a nearly full dining room last night --- I did take-out :)

Pros: affordable, good food

It's about time! - Edit

it's about time the Los Angeles kosher community got a restaurant that was a departure from the usual. Now there's a vegan Thai restaurant that serves delicious food at reasonable prices. Strict vegetarians and vegans - even those who don't keep kosher - should appreciate the fact that kosher food preparation requires the checking of every inch of vegetables for little bugs, which must be removed as they are as unkosher as pork. Vegan restaurants without kosher supervision don't bother with such time-consuming details. I've eaten there three times and tried different dishes each time. I have yet to be disappointed with the food or the service. I hope they stick around for a long time.

Pros: Great food, Reasonable prices , Friendly staff

Bodhi Kitchen is now Kosher and Vegan! - Edit

Bodhi Kitchen is now Kosher and Vegan (as of July 5, 2010)! I ate there in June (when they had egg in about 3 of their dishes and they were not yet Kosher). I had the Pad Thai with soy chicken (without the egg) and I had the Spicy Pumpkin-Eggplant-Tofu (which I liked it the best), both on the dinner menu. Then I ate there again on July 5 and I had the Kung Pao with tofu and the Spicy Eggplant with tofu (I liked it the best), both on the Lunch Special, which comes with a small side salad and a spring roll.

Return to Beverly Hills Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Bodhi Thai Kitchen closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 4137 times since Jun 2010.