CLOSED: Bodhi - SM Makati

02-742-6297

Hotel Drive, Near Ayala MRT Station, Makati, Metro Manila, Philippines

Part of food chain with branches inside shopping malls. No garlic or onion used. Offers vegetarian versions of popular Filipino dishes with vegan options. Menu based on various noodles/rice + viands combo. Confirmed closed, Dec 2015.

Category: Vegan-friendly, Lacto, Ovo, Chinese, Fast food

First Review by totoro7

Bodhi, I miss you! - Edit

Bodhi in SM Makati is the only vegetarian place within a big underground food court. The seating area is shared with all the other eateries and can be quite noisy. It is more a place for a "quick bite" than for an extended meal.

During my business trip to Makati I have been here several times. And I loved the place! Most of the times I had (white) rice plus 2 "viands" plus a bottle of water for in total less that 2.50 USD. I tried only the vegan options, but there was enough choice for me. I am not really a fan of mock meat, but this was about the best mock meat I ever had. The vegetables were delicious as well. Not to forget the big good lumpias.

The staff is very friendly and helpful.

Bodhi, I miss you!

Pros: delicious food, friendly staff, very cheap

Cons: missing some good healthy drinks

Convenient location, very affordable - Edit

Located in the underground food court of SM, just a couple of minutes from MRT Ayala Station, and thus very convenient for a quick veggie bite. Offers the same Filipino and Chinese dishes found at other Bodhi branches. The pricing is somewhat confusing, as only the set meals qualify as a budget meal. If you want more of a certain viand, the price jumps exponentially. The quality of the food varies, but I find pancit and sauteed greens to be safe options. Too many mock meat dishes, which I can do without. Still, five stars for convenience and pricing!

Pros: Super convenient location, Cheap

Cons: Confusing pricing, Drinks and desserts are on the junk side

Return to Metro Manila Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has CLOSED: Bodhi - SM Makati closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.