Bob's Kitchen

Contact 0952551166

74, Rue des Gravilliers, Paris, France, 75003

Serves meat, vegan options available. All vegetarian except for fish. Small place near Arts et Metiers metro station, since 2010. Main dish is a stew mix of different vegetables and grains. Mon-Fri 8:00am-3:00pm, Sat-Sun 10:00am-4:00pm

Category: Lacto, Ovo, Western, Juice bar, Take-out, British, Non-veg

First Review by PhilippeNicolitch

good food, can get crowded - Edit

A great place for lunch or a casual dinner. I love their stew (usually vegan). Whatever I've eaten there has always been tasty and the prices are decent.
Staff are nice and the vibe is friendly but it can get crowded and the tables/chairs are quite small already so for me it's more of somewhere to go for a quickish bite rather than a place to linger and relax.

Pros: varied menu, tasty!, friendly

Cons: limited space

insanely crowded but good - Edit

Stressed out waitstaff trying to feed the masses of vegans in a hole in the wall. Squeeze into one of the four tables and wait a long time for a server to take your order. If you get there by 1 o'clock half the menu will no longer be available.

Choose from one of the three veggie stews with sauces of green curry, lentils or peanut sauce. Smoothies are good but special orders (i.e., no banana) are not appreciated. Expect to wait 10 minutes and the line in order to pay as servers are too busy and staff is making as many (or more!) take out and delivery orders as orders for sit down patrons.

The food is hearty, flavorful and delicious which is why the place is so crowded. Many of the bagel sandwiches had cheese and are not vegan friendly.

Bob, please expand your seating as atmosphere makes your delicious healthy and ethical food difficult to enjoy!

Not very impressive, but will do. - Edit

I went there for a Sunday brunch with my boyfriend. I found that the place was more like a cantine, not like a café/restaurant. It wasn't very cozy or homey, and I didn't think their menus were super creative or varied. My boyfriend had an avocado bagel, and I had pancakes with berries. I found the pancakes a bit mushy, but it was a big and filling portion. My boyfriend liked the sandwich, but he said it didn't feel like a real brunch, and overall I agree.

The juice was great, though, and the staff was very friendly. They seemed to be fluent in English and they were helpful and nice. The place has potential, but the atmosphere wasn't really my kind of thing. I prefer cozy, homey and parisian cafés and restaurants. This didn't have that feel to it. Also, it feels like the place is hidden in an alleyway and it didn't have a sign or anything so we had to check three or four times before we realized that it was the right place.

Pros: Friendly staff, Nice juicebar

Cons: Menu not impressive, Not very cozy

Okay, but Nothing Special. - Edit

This is a nice little place, which serves healthy food in lunch-sized portions. I had the veggie stew, which was made out of fresh, good quality ingredients but was on the whole rather uninspiring: a few leaves of salad with some rather bland roasted veggies and a bit of guacamole. They also have bagels, if you like those. The crepes, galettes, and muffins were not vegan, though the waitress pointed out that occasionally they have a vegan dessert.

I think that this place is a nice spot for tourists seeking home-style food, but it does not make sense if you have your own place/ your own kitchen in Paris. If anything, I would just return for a fresh-pressed juice.

Pros: Friendly Staff, Relaxed Atmosphere

Cons: Location, Limited Vegan Options, Small Portions

Simple. Fresh. Vegan-friendly. - Edit

We visited here twice in September 2011. Fresh juices. Amazing quinoa salad. Bagels with vegan spreads. We really liked the food. Simple and vegan friendly. (Super nice, English-speaking staff, too.)

We arrived later in the day (an hour before they closed) and they were out of some daily specials. (To be expected.)

The space is small, comfortable, clean and stylish. I recommend!

Pros: fresh, healthy cuisine, clean

Cons: closes mid-afternoon, small

Great Place - Edit

We are a family of 6 and live in america and came to paris for vacation. We all loved it ,and have been vegan for 2 yrs .Our uncle and aunt came with us for lunch and all highly recomned this lovely place. Become vegan and enjoy being at that GREAT PLACE.

Pros: well set up, couldn 't be better, loved it

Cons: great stuff , nice food, lovely

Sunday Brunch - Edit

We ate here for Sunday brunch just before Christmas. I had been looking forward to it for days before. The place is tiny, so I would recommend getting here early to get a seat at one of the communal tables. We ordered the avocado and bean spread bagel sandwich, and pancakes with red fruit. It was tasty, but a bit pricey. There is free tea and delicious bread on all the tables for everyone. My one complaint would be that the menu seemed a tad limited. Hope to see more options in the future!

Pros: communal tables, free tea, brunch!

Cons: limited menu

Loved it - Edit

We first went for a Sunday brunch. The place was packed but they found room for us. The staff spoke English and were very helpful in pointing us to vegan selections. We also had lunch their twice. The veggie stew was great, it had a grain, vegetable and salad. The juices were good. The desserts were also good. We met Bob and he was very friendly and helpful. The prices are reasonable for Paris and the vegetables aren't overcooked as in most of the vegetarian restaurants we ate at.

Pros: good value, great service, english friendly

Cons: not open for dinner

no go for vegans - Edit

This place is not very vegan friendly. I asked what was vegan, the staff offered me pancakes. When I asked what was in them they made mention of eggs.
I told them this isn't vegan & walked out.

They aren't doing anything different, I wouldn't waste your time.

Pros: none

Cons: not, vegan, friendly

Small selection for vegans, but very tasty! - Edit

This was a very sweet little place with friendly staff but a small selection of vegan food. We got a vegetable stew without rice (because the rice had honey in it for some reason). It was delicious and very flavourful, but without rice it wasn't quite a complete and filling meal. On the plus side, the waiter was very helpful in explaining our options and making sure we were happy with our meal and had enough time to eat without feeling rushed. It was a pleasant experience, but vegans will likely want more choices.

Pros: Reasonable prices, Friendly staff, Good food

Cons: Limited vegan selection

Perfect if you have time - Edit

I was very reluctant to go there as it is in a fashionable part of town (le Marais) and i was worried about the bobo and hipster crowd. I went there to brunch with two other people and while we had to wait a bit to get seated (as the place was packed), it was worth it. First of all, the waiters are nice and friendly, happy to accommodate you and veganize any drinks of item on the menu (if possible). The atmosphere is so relaxing and the food is delicious. The dishes are inspired by raw food techniques, and the plates are colorful. Everything we tasted was delicious (a salad, their pancakes, the veggie burger). Be ready to splurge a little, as everything looks so good. Also don't expect a fast service.

I just wish they develop their menu to offer more delicious treats.

Very informal (albeit pricey) veg in the Marais - Edit

Bob's Kitchen is a small, very casual restaurant where you will share your table with other guests, use kitchen roll instead of napkins and get your fruit juice in a plastic glass (what a shame!). The menu is not very extensive, including only soup, a couple of salads, veggie stew, veggie burger, veggie futomaki, porridge, muesli, apple pie, cookies, muffins and a couple other items, as well as juices and smoothies. The food is good and the prices in line with the Marais area, i.e., expensive (two veggie burgers, two small fruit juices and a cup of mint tea for 34 euro). Water and a pot of herbal tea provided free of charge on each table.

Open Monday to Friday from 8 to 15 and weekends 10 to 16, it's a good option for a veggie snack if you are in the area.

Great brunch with vegan options - Edit

We went for brunch last Sunday. The small restaurant was packed. We opted for a delicious vegan sandwich, a curry of the day and a smoothie. Everything was tasty and we really enjoyed our meal. The service is friendly and fast. We'll definitely go back.
Perhaps a suggestion... Please use Agave syrup instead of honey in the dressing to make the Nori roll available to vegans. Thank you!

Pros: Location, Staff friendliness, Good food and smoothies

Cons: Honey in the dressing

Carl we enjoyed the "stew" which fortunately wasn't sold out when we made it over there. embarrassed because i couldn't remember any French and had to speak English, which of course the employees understood. it was crowded and after waiting for awhile we were finally told to go stand out in the rain until a couple of spaces became available. people passing by looked at us as tho we were nuts. then after i put my rucksack out of the way on the floor in a corner, an employee told me to move it altho of course the space wasn't being used for a seat or anything else. couldn't figure out how to get tea to pour out of the insulated bottle they placed in front of us and don't know what kind it was either. bad luck trying to find vegetarian restaurants near us when we got hungry during our visit to Paris.

Return to Paris Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Bob's Kitchen closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 9516 times since Mar 2010.