Bo De Quan

038-3593111

09 Ho Tung Mau, 13 kenh so 2, Vinh, Vietnam,

Medium-sized restaurant on two floors. Serves a variety of rice and noodle dishes and soups. The brick walls are painted plainly and the undersides of the wooden 2nd floor sections are painted in mostly bright, alternating colors. No English. Directions: It's located just off Nguyen Tai, a narrow alleyway that runs to the northwest off Ho Tung Mau street, and is located roughly midway between the post office at Nguyen Thi Minh Khai street and Nguyen Van Cu street. From Ho Tung Mau go 100 meters on Nguyen Tai, there you will see a small, arched bridge that leads to the left over a small canal, cross the bridge and continue straight into Bo De Quan's parking area and front door. Call for hours - tell us.

Category: Vegan, Beer/Wine, Take-out, Vietnamese

First Review by konatufe

Great Vietnamese experience - Edit

I can't overstate what a great experience dining here (twice) was.

I've had to learn how to request veg food in Vietnamese but here I didn't need any of that vocabulary. I didn't order from the menu, just sat down and was given a plate of very tasty, very healthy food with plenty of variety on the plate.

The atmosphere was welcoming, the staff, and the Buddhist monk I met (who seemed to enjoy the food as much as I did) were very friendly.

As for the price, it's cheap even by Vietnamese standards. The food was so nice I even tried to pay a bit more but they refused me!

If you're in Vinh do pay them a visit!

(There have been some comments about location, I found Google maps to be very accurate.)

Pros: Tasty, Super cheap, Healthy

Cons: I honestly can't think of a con.

GRAZIE PER QUESTO POSTO! - Edit

Io e il mio uomo ci siamo fermati dopo ore di viaggio in moto in questa città, e fortunatamente abbiamo trovato questo posto! Lo staff anche se non parla inglese è molto cordiale e noi abbiamo comunicato grazie a GOOGLE TRADUTTORE, siamo stati tutti felici di aver comunicato insieme e abbiamo passato davvero una bella serata. Il cibo era squisito! Consigliato

Very nice place for my first HappyCow experience - Edit

This was the first time I used HappyCow and it was a very positive experience.

I followed the other review's directions (konatufe) and I found it. This is a Buddhist vegetarian restaurant. The restaurant was full of locals when we got there.

My Vietnamese is very basic, but I could guess what some of the dishes were. But if you just order random things, you will probably not be disappointed. The food is very good and very cheap as well. This was actually the cheapest meal we've had so far in Vietnam and we've been here for 30 days.

Pros: Good food, very good prices, quiet place

Cons: Location might be difficult to find

Is hard to get there, but it's completely worth - Edit

Like says in the description is a little bit tricky to get there. The mark in the map is completely wrong. Even far from the right place, I get there following the instructions above, but even needed to ask to the local people around.
I could add a few tips to get there: From Ho Tung Mau street, get to GIAO TE Hotel, beside the hotel there is a bakery shop, after the bakery there is a small canal, after that a small street. Turn left follow the street, in the middle between APEC Hotel and Phuong Huy Hotel, there is a small bridge, cross it and you will see the restaurant in the front.

I make a link on GoogleMaps, to point the exact place:

Now they have a small menu in english (see the picture) without prices, no problem, is super cheap. But they don't speak english at all. Anyway staff is friendly and with a little bit of vietnamese, they could understand.

I tried Water Noodles, for lunch. It was a nice soup, but spicy. And they gave me another plate of some kind of rice soup. A Herbal tea and bananas for free. It cost me 20.000 dong.

I came back for dinner and try the Rice dish and was delicious. Rice with different things, crispy rolls, fried balls sweet inside (filled with egg in the center), some salty vegetable like artichokes but looked like meet, boiled vegetables and slices of orange as dessert. For 30.000 dong.

I could recommend the Rice dish if you don't know what to try.

Really wanted to try the rest of the plates, but I just stop in Vinh for 1 day.

Pros: good food, friendly staff

Cons: small english menu, not really explained

Return to Vinh Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Bo De Quan closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.