BMS Organics - Mid Valley City

• ( 12 reviews )

T-013B, Level 3, Mid Valley Megamall, Lingkaran Syed Putra, Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia

Malaysian chain of organic stores. Some locations also have an attached vegetarian cafe offering a mix of choices including its signature laksa and other dishes. Located on the top floor of Mid Valley mall. Open Mon-Sun 10:00am-10:00pm. Closed some public holidays. Last order 9:15pm.

Categories: Vegan-friendly, Lacto, Ovo, Chinese, Organic, Western, Fusion, Malaysian

First Review by MyVeganJoy

Lanky

Points +369

29 Jan 2020

Organic vegetarian!

Its great that such a place exists.
Today i had the volcano soup with rice. The soup was amazing, very flavourful, and with so much chilli, i didn't need to add any (which is rare). The croquettes that were served with it were pretty lame though, and were not fully cooked. It would have been better with some tofu or something.
The other issue was they dont provide tissues or napkins, "for the environment". They suggest bringing your own hankerchief with you. Which is a nice idea, but what if you don't have one with you? Many restaurants provide cloth napkins, which they wash, in fact, it was the standard thing before paper napkins came in. Its ridiculous to expect people to carry food stained napkins around. Also, given that this is also a grocery store, selling items mostly wrapped in plastic, there is no way that they are skimping on napkins, "for the environment". They're doing it save money, and its a really dumb idea.

Pros: Vegan, veg organic

Cons: No napkins or tissues provided

EliseJ

Points +132

28 Jan 2020

Great vegan options

This place has a lot of vegan options. Relatively pricy, but all organic and pretty healthy dishes. Definitely recommend going here. There are so many vegan options that it was hard to choose. Also clear labelling on the menu which dishes are vegan.

tanawat

Points +35

19 Nov 2019

Best vegan place in the mall

Lots of vegan options

SHAMINI

Points +17

18 Mar 2019

Nice place

We really had delicious healthy lunch and want to go again.😁😁😁

Pros: Delicious , Healthy, Reasonable

UrVeggieMate

Points +1031

25 Jan 2019

A chain that's worth a visit

Visited here today with my mother and sister for lunch. I ordered the soy milk curry laksa with vermicelli (vegan), my mother ordered the signature Nasi lemak (vegan), and my sister ordered the pasta carbonara (vegetarian). We also ordered some braised tofu (vegan) to share as well as a pot of jujube and chrysanthemum tea for three.

We all enjoyed our meals. My mother said the nasi lemak had a pleasant lemongrass flavour with tender "chikn" and crunchy multigrain rice.
My sister found the carbonara to be quite rich and creamy, with a strong flavour from the mushrooms.
The laksa was also creamy, but lacked the usual heaviness laksa has because of the use of soy milk instead of coconut milk - a very good thing in my opinion! It was also a nice level of spicy without adding the extra chilli paste in, though I recommend you should if you can tolerate spicy food. The tofu fishcakes also had the texture of actual fishcakes!
We all agreed that we really liked the texture of the braised tofu, and the sauce it had soaked up was both salty and sweet. Really lovely.

One thing I noticed is that the amount of toppings for all three of our meals could have been a little more generous. Otherwise the bulk of the meal is mostly rice/noodles/pasta.

We received some complimentary ginger tea that REALLY put hairs on one's chest! Great for aiding digestion though, and it ended up being a good contrast to the intense sweetness of the chrysanthemum tea.

In comparison to its other vegetarian chain competitor (Simple Life), a lot of the items on the BMS menu are cheaper. Simple Life does have a larger menu though. They're both good in their own ways and I would say that BMS Organics itself is definitely worth a visit. Perhaps not the Midvalley one specifically but any of the chain outlets.

Pros: Good value for money (though not exactly cheap), Friendly service

Cons: More toppings would have been nice

Suchitra

Points +19

04 Oct 2018

Nice place

We have eaten pasta and it was yummy.

林憶銣

Points +18

30 Apr 2018

算是中等的餐厅

味道不错,但有部分店员似乎不是很懂英文,让我点单的东西都出了问题

Pros: 食物味道不错

Cons: 价钱较高,不值得

CamilaSilvaL

Points +1785

08 Feb 2018

so good!

I ate in the Mid Valley branch and in the one at the airport but the first one was so much better. The staff was so lovely, they really wanted to give us a great experience and they did! The laksa was delicious, the juice was amazing and we tried some other noodles in a dark sauce (I forgot the name) that were really tasty and great. It’s not cheap but totally worth it.

alcozar

Points +225

18 Oct 2017

Good Food

Food was great. Had Curry Laksa.

Kinda Pricey, but it is in the mall...

Spaghetti_monster

Points +898

25 Apr 2017

Inconsistent: opening times and food quality

Although the BMS Organics grocery store opens and closes at the times stated on this listing (10am-10pm), I have tried to eat here before 11am on many occasions and have been told that the kitchen/restaurant is not yet open. I have been advised to come back either after 11am, after 11:30am, or even at 12noon, so please bear this in mind (and perhaps have a back-up plan) if you are thinking of visiting this outlet for breakfast/brunch.

As a result of the above, I have only eaten at the Mid Valley BMS Organics outlet once, and although I have enjoyed food from this chain before (at the KLIA 2 airport outlet), I found the food a bit disappointing when I tried it at this branch. I was told by a local vegan friend that the nasi lemak at BMS Organics is really good, but when I tried this dish at the Mid Valley outlet the sambal was incredibly sweet and the curry was very salty. I also ordered a ginger lemongrass tea, and it too was far too sweet for me, so much so that I couldn't finish it.

Since honey is used in some of the drinks, I would advise vegans to be cautious and explicitly ask whether dishes contain honey, since food items are are marked 'dairy and egg free' or 'gluten free' but there is not an explicit 'vegan' label. Ingredients are only listed for some of the drinks (I suspect my ginger lemongrass tea contained honey as I forgot to check).

Pros: lots of potentially vegan-friendly options , friendly staff

Cons: vegan options not explicitly labelled, restaurant opening times can vary, food quality not consistent with other outlets

FlorentineFelicitas

Points +66

24 Feb 2017

holy cow

I get excited about layovers in KL because there's a BMS organics at the airport. Their food is amazing. I'm a little obsessed. Seriously though, not a thing I'd change about it.

MyVeganJoy

Points +585

31 Jan 2017

Very good food!

You have to try their curry clay pot, it's amazing. Every Monday offers 4 main dishes for buy 1 get 1 free!! It was an amazing deal, and we enjoyed every bite. It's in the Mid Valley mall. Be careful though, cause not everything in the store is organic or natural. Many things are organic and healthy, but some things are pretend-natural, so read the labels carefully. Many items are vegan. Vegetarian items are labeled for clarity, but do confirm.

Return to Kuala Lumpur Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has BMS Organics - Mid Valley City closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.