Bluhouse Market and Cafe

Serves meat, vegan options available. Vegetarian except for fish. Coffee bar, cafe, and shop in a re-stored heritage building. Offers fair trade organic coffee and sources from local farmers. Crepes and smoothies are made to order. Open Mon-Sun 8:00am-6:00pm.

Categories: Vegan-friendly, Lacto, Ovo, Organic, Western, Take-out, Non-veg

First Review by vegan frog

Yummy & Filling - Edit

We stopped in for lunch before the Quarry Rock hike and were very satisfied! Tons to choose from. I had the Spinach wrap and my friend had the grilled cheese. I wish I tried a smoothie but the smallest size is $7.50. A little pricey, no?

Pros: Nutritious, filling, and so much to choose from.

Cons: wee bit pricey

Adorable & Charming Cafe and Market (and Beautiful Yoga Deck)! - Edit

I visited Bluhouse Market & Cafe when I was visiting Deep Cove for the day and fell in love with this small and charming place. The atmosphere was so relaxing and the staff were very cheerful and friendly, even though it was super busy during my visit. I loved the rustic and colourfully painted furniture and the art on the walls.

There were some tables and window seating inside and the cafe served a variety of healthy (and lots of gluten-free & vegetarian) options like crepes, bowls, salads, sandwiches, smoothies and juices. I got the Namaste Berry smoothie and it was delicious!

They also sold some canned, jarred and packaged dry food ingredients at the back of cafe and there was a small market area as well, with lots of eco-friendly and natural products. Behind the building, there was a beautiful and spacious wooden deck in the sunshine that had amazing mountain views that anyone could use to practice some yoga stretching, with the mats that they provided for free, which I took advantage of.

I loved this place and will definitely come back here when I am in the Vancouver area again. Their food looked and sounded amazing and I can’t wait to try one of their dishes next time. Make sure to visit Bluhouse when you’re in Deep Cove!

Pros: Healthy Food , Vegetarian and Gluten-Free Options, Yoga Deck Behind the Building

Cons: Nothing

Great smoothies and wraps - Edit

Cool little place with friendly staff. All the smoothies are vegan and they make their own almond milk.
Wraps are great too with lots of vegan options.

Such a cute shop/cafe! - Edit

We found this café on the way back from a hike in Deep Cove as I was extremely thirsty.
The place is a charming house, very clean, that sells hot drinks, smoothies, gluten free and vegan cakes, and they make crepes!! Shame I was not hungry as the crepes are vegan and they have several vegan fillings. All of them are interesting fillings.
Everything is vegetarian except a salmon salad. Very vegan friendly and so well labelled. I felt at home there and wished that they were fully vegan. Everything is organic and local. On one corner of the café is a selection of local products including shampoos, canned goods, pasta, beauty products etc....
Fun shop, fun café. I had the Om my greens smoothies, which was perfect, not too sweet and made to order. My husband had the Namaste berry which he also loved.
I love little cafes like this, I wish they were closer to Vancouver, but I look forward to going back and trying one of the crepes!
Staff was super helpful and very friendly. I took forever to make a decision and they were so good at explaining everything on the drinks menu.

Pros: Organic, Very vegan friendly, Friendly staff

Return to North Vancouver Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Bluhouse Market and Cafe closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.