CLOSED: Bluegrass Brewing Company

Contact 502-568-2224

660 S 4th St, 2 Theater Square, Louisville, Kentucky, USA, 40202

Serves meat, vegan options available. Pub offering some veggie food like seitan wings, flatbread, salads, sandwiches, tofu stir fry, and pizza. Specify vegan and staff will accommodate. CONFIRMED CLOSED, AUG 2016.

Category: American, Beer/Wine, Take-out, Non-veg

First Review by xsamx

Not Worth It - Edit

I had a horrible experience here. First off the wings came out totally burnt, black, sauceless, and in a hurry. The food runner had to know they weren't edible but sat them down without a word. Finally when my server came by I asked why there wasn't bbq sauce and she told me bc she told them not to put it on them. I only asked for no honey though. She brought out a tiny cup of bbq big enough for one "nugget" (charcoal briquettes), and no plates for us to share them on.

Long story short the pizza I ordered with no cheese came out with cheese. I was over the bad service and bad food so I didn't wait for them to remake it. I paid for the seitan and left.

The only plus is they have great beer.
Updated from previous review on Thursday October 01, 2015

Pros: good craft beer

Cons: doesn't accommodate vegans properly, under staffed, low quality of food when busy

good pub food - Edit

We were traveling through the area and had to stop for the seitan wings. They are tasty, the texture is more pork-like than I've had seitan before. The house-made veggie burger was excellent (the optional jalapenos were too hot though). Kids' meals came with fresh steamed broccoli, everything was very fresh. The beer is good too. Cheap parking in the garage across the street.

Pros: fresh food, good value, good beer

Vegans, vegetarians, and omnivores adored. - Edit

I stopped here with some rock climbing pals after an awesome climbing trip to the Red River Gorge. Everyone loved the vegan BBQ wings; omnivores liked the Ultimate Veggie sandwich. They have mead--if you love the mead, ask for the "schmead".

They were out of tofu when we were there, but the service was great and the food lovely.

I'm not a local, and was so happy to find such a place in Kentucky. A good place to take a mixed group of eaters. :)

Pros: something for different eaters!, fresh eye-catching salads, local character

Seitan Wings? YES - Edit

The whole beer/pub experience can be had, but vegan. We ordered the wings, the spinach burger (minus cheese and mayo, replaced with beer mustard), and the veggie pizza with roasted garlic sauce (minus cheese). The pesto is not vegan. The waiter was very very accommodating, made multiple trips to check ingredients for us. It was noisy, but what do you expect out of a sports pub? The burger was satisfying. The pizza was good, very thin but chewy (hate crunchy cracker crust!,) like a flat bread. The wings. O.M.G. the wings. I will be going back for them again, that's for sure! Just remember to not ask for the honey dipping sauce. This place is listed as inexpensive. The cheapest appetizer was $6.99. The pizza was 10.99, the burger and wings $8.99 each. I don't consider that inexpensive, I'd put that in the moderate category. They had vegetarian labels on the menu, but I wish they'd go head and put another label for veganizable. They label he seitan wings vegan, so why not carry that idea to the rest of the menu.

Pros: Food, staff

Cons: Labels

INCREDIBLE VEGAN WINGS! - Edit

Seriously, this place is amazing just for the vegan wings. Every time we go we order like 5 orders. So good! Seitan with a spicy BBQ sauce...mmm! They offer a honey dipping sauce which you can decline; would be cool if they replaced that with something else! They also have a mushroom and veggie burger that rules, as well as fries and other vegan sides. I think they also do hummus and pita. For bar/pub food, it's damn good and very vegan friendly.

Pros: vegan wings!, beer if you're into that, vegan burgers

Cons: noisy

Return to Louisville Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has CLOSED: Bluegrass Brewing Company closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 3275 times since Sep 2011.