Blue State Coffee

777 Main St (at downtown), Hartford, Connecticut, USA, 06103

Serves meat, vegan options available. Coffee and breakfast and lunch foods. Offers vegan items such as tofu sandwich, chickpea salad sandwich (can add vegan cheese), quinoa salad, chickpea hummus plate, soup, and vegan baked goods. Coffee is fair trade. Open Mon-Sat 7:00am-8:00pm, Sun 8:00am-8:00pm.

Categories: Vegan-friendly, Lacto, Ovo, American, Fast food, Take-out, Bakery, Non-veg

First Review by WannyM

Not a bad place to stop by. - Edit

I was going to be in the area so I figured I’d stop by for the infamous chickpea salad sandwich. It was okay. Nothing to write home about. My favorite thing was the cowboy cookie I had. And just the fact that they were pretty vegan friendly and had their vegans items clearly labeled. Nice cozy place to stop by for food but I wouldn’t drive hours just to come here or anything.

Pros: good amount of vegan options , not too expensive, vegan items clearly labeled

Cons: sandwich was just okay

Vegan-friendly oasis in downtown Hartford - Edit

Downtown Hartford is a vegan desert on the weekend. We wandered around in vain looking for lunch until we came to Blue State Coffee. We enjoyed the Tofu sandwich, made from The Bridge tofu, and the Chickpea Salad with Daiya cheese. They also had vegan soup, sides, baked goods, and good coffee. Thank you Blue State!

Return to Hartford Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Blue State Coffee closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.