Blue Sky Cafe

Contact 303-216-2670

14403 W Colfax Ave (at I-70), Lakewood, Colorado, USA, 80401

Serves meat, vegan options available. A breakfast, lunch, and coffee place that accommodates vegan diets. In addition to the vegan options listed on the menu, staff will substitute tofu for eggs in the egg dishes. Example: replace eggs with tofu in the Santa Fe Huevos. Large selection of smoothies, fresh juices, and coffee drinks with soy milk available. Uses biodegradable carry out containers and utensils. Open Mon-Sun 7:00am-2:00pm.

Category: Vegan-friendly, Lacto, Ovo, American, Juice bar, Take-out, Non-veg

First Review by Jeff M

Okay - Edit

They unfortunately don't have a ton of vegan options - just three if I counted correctly. They can also substitute tofu for their scrambles, but this costs extra and doesn't really expand your range of options too much.

I ordered the tofu salad, which was pretty good. The tofu was really tasty - it was lightly breaded and fried, and it had sesame seeds embedded in it to give it extra flavor and texture. The walnuts and cranberries were also a nice touch.

This seems like a good place to dine with omni friends, as there is something for everyone. It's worth stopping by if you're in the area, but I wouldn't go out of my way to come here given the limited options.

Pros: Good tofu

Cons: Limited options

New favorite place for brunch! - Edit

I ate here with 2 non-vegheads and we all enjoyed our food. I had the vegan salad with tofu which was colorful, fresh and yummy. They even made it 'oil free' for me - gotta love a helpful chef! Plenty of appetite-satisfying vegan options on the menu. Next time I will bring the family....YUM!

Pros: Fresh & colorful food, helpful chef

Cons: busy!

Great discovery - Edit

We had Sunday brunch at this beautiful restaurant. The scrambled tofu and vegetables, while not the best I've had, was quite good. The home fries were thin-sliced, with a texture reminiscent of scalloped potatoes - unusual but very good. The hot tea was excellent.

I was a bit disappointed that they did not offer me bread; I assume their bread offerings are not Vegan, but surely this would be easy to fix? On the positive side, I was glad they did not try to pass off something non-Vegan as Vegan. We also noticed that their coffee bar drinks are extremely pricey. The tea wasn't so bad, but at around $5 a pop, we were afraid to try a chai or cappuccino.

I have also been to a yoga class here. The instructor was friendly and helpful, and unlike many yoga classes I've attended, this one was a good level and pace for beginners.

I look forward to going back.

Pros: Good portions and good quality, Great location in western suburbs!

Cons: Drinks are very pricey

Best place for breakfast in the west metro area - Edit

This is the place to go for breakfast in the west Denver metro area. Blue Sky is a super friendly and clean cafe and coffee/juice bar that serves some great food. They do serve meat, but they are also very accommodating for gluten free, veg, and vegan diets. Tofu can be substituted for pretty much any egg dish. My favorites are the vegan tofu scramble, the sesame ginger tofu, and the Santa Fe juevos without dairy and tofu instead of egg.

The other interesting thing about this place is that the restaurant turns into a yoga studio at night.

Pros: friendly staff, delicious food

Cons: serves meat, egg, and dairy

Return to Lakewood Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Blue Sky Cafe closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 1907 times.