Blue Nile East African Restaurant

• Veg-friendly
Contact 250-475-6453

612 Head St, Victoria, British Columbia, Canada, V9A 5S8

Serves meat, vegan options available. Ethiopian food for dining only. Menu includes several vegetarian main entrees plus a vegetarian combo. Buffet or a la carte.

Category: Buffet, Ethiopian, African, Non-veg

First Review by CLRtraveller

A Long-time Victoria Favourite - Edit

This is one of my favourite places to eat in Victoria. We eat whatever vegan is on the buffet, which is usually about 5 items. My favourite is the spicy, red-ish lentil dish. You can go up several times, so if you have a good appetite, it's also a good choice to eat here (15 dollars for the buffet or you order the vegetarian combo). The hosts are friendly. My partner's workplace had their holiday dinner and party here one year, which was tight for space but for sure a success.
Keep in mind it's not open for lunch and not at all on Monday.
By the way, if you like Ethiopian food, you will want to try Messob at 1109 McKenzie Street in Cook Street Village in Victoria. It's also dandy and they have a vegetarian combo.

Pros: tasty, buffet , friendly

Cons: not open at lunch, not so centrally located

Food was OK but still a good vegan option - Edit

Good customer service.
We asked them if kids can get pizza from nearby place and they agreed to it. This was huge help to us.

We were very Hungary so we liked food. But when I asked my friends again to go there, they said.
Food was not fresh ( all the lentil based stuff was prepared and then frozen and defrosted)
This may be standard practice but they should have managed it better.
For once in a while, this was good option but it would have been nice to see more green/fresh veggie option

love this place - Edit

Lovely food & atmosphere. Buffet with many veg options - lentils, chick peas, & veggies prepared with trad spices. Very nice injera as well. Only thing I miss are the garlicky collard greens that I've had at other Ethiopian/Eritrean restaurants.

Pros: tasty, buffet, variety of veg offerings

Cons: no collards, a bit pricey

Return to Victoria Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Blue Nile East African Restaurant closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 2264 times since Jul 2008.