Blue Moon Cafe

207-633-2220

54 Commercial St, Boothbay Harbor, Maine, USA, 04538

Serves meat, vegan options available. Cafe overlooking the harbor offering daily breakfast and lunch. Breakfast potato-veggie bake can be made vegan. Lunch grilled portobello mushroom sandwich and pesto tomato sandwich can be made vegan. The mesclun salad, hummus veggie sandwich, and thai crunchy veggie wrap are already vegan. Manager is accommodating of any special requests.

Categories: Vegan-friendly, Lacto, Ovo, American, Fast food, Beer/Wine, Take-out, Non-veg

First Review by Sarah P

ok sandwiches - Edit

I was excited to try the sandwiches at Blue Moon after the manager was encouraging and accommodating of vegan requests when I inquired. Today I tried the portobello sandwich and asked for hummus instead of the cheese and pesto. There was going to be an upcharge for the swap, but then I think it wasn't added. The "kaiser roll" was much like a packaged hamburger bun. The sandwich came with potato chips, a pickle spear, and mayonnaise-based cole slaw. I was surprised about that after we had such conversation about keeping the meal vegan, as I thought the staff were more knowledgeable about vegan referring to no animal, dairy or egg products. I might try the hummus wrap or the thai veggie wrap another time, but I am not sure.

Pros: several vegan options, excellent outdoor dining area, friendly staff

Cons: vegan isn't clear to staff yet, lots of generic white bread and potato chips, not expensive

Return to Boothbay Harbor Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Blue Moon Cafe closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.