Blue Heron Creamery

• Vegan-store Veg Store
  • Vegan
604-790-9358

2410 Main St, Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada, V5T 3E2

Plant-based and dairy-free cheese company opened its brick-and-mortar shop here in Feb 2018. Cheeses are cultured and aged. Debit cards accepted. Open Sat 12:00pm-5:00pm. Open some Sundays - check Instagram.

First Review by Chelseachernobyl

Outstanding cheezes - Edit

There have been long lines since Blue Heron opened its storefront but I went when there was nobody in front of me. Hal to 3/4 of the stock was already gone (at 3pm) but I managed to get a couple of coconut cheezes, butter, almond ricotta and sour cream.
I used to eat the cheeses at Graze where the Blue Heron cheezemaker was head chef, so I knew the products would be amazing. Because she makes her own cultures, and the products have no preservatives, they need to be eaten within a reasonable amount of time and I love that. The sour cream is outstanding, the cheezes are phenomenal. Can't wait to try more.
The only problem is that it has been so popular that the shop has variable hours at the moment and they are only open on Saturdays, and Sundays if there is stock left. I hope for longer hours soon.

Pros: All vegan, Preservative free, Amazing flavours

Cons: there might be long waits, Opening hours too short

fantastic - Edit

Their cheese is so good. I hesitate to write this review because they have limited stock and I selfishly want fewer people to go so I can have my fill. But alas, everybody should go buy their cheese.
Should sell baguette!

Pros: best cheese I’ve had

Cons: often low stock, nowhere to sit (as of this writin

pleased - Edit

Only open weekends until they sell out but we tried about 5 cheeses. The 2, coconut based ones, are amazing. Especially the cormorant! Another 2 were pretty good. 1 tasted a little to liquid smoke but is still alright. We will definitely be buying more of their cheeses. Not only were they pretty tasty but some of them are also extremely beautiful to look at. Hope they do well and can have more hours.

Pros: great variety , beautifully made and packaged

Cons: only open weekends

Return to Vancouver Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Blue Heron Creamery closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.