Blue Hen

Contact 323-982-9900

1743 Colorado Blvd (at Argus Dr), Los Angeles, California, USA, 90041

Serves meat, vegan options available. Half of the menu can be made vegan upon request; serves brown rice; try the tonics (fresh organic citrus pulp with sparkling water). Bring your own wine at no extra charge.

Category: Organic, Vietnamese, Non-veg

First Review by button

Hidden Vietnamese Gem - Edit

This place is a gem! And when you find something that is good, you just keep coming back. My husband and I eat here at least two times a month. We love the welcoming vibe, good service and the nice people!

I recommend the Fresh Spring Rolls, Home-Style Curry (w/tofu), and for dessert (because you MUST make room) the to-die-for Banana Bread Pudding (all of which are vegan). They offer a few really yummy tofu dishes and there is no MSG in the food. The staff is very knowledgeable on vegan fare, and is down-to-earth, warm and friendly. And if you bring a bottle of wine or beer enjoy the NO corkage fee!

Pros: friendly staff, healthy cuisine, good value

One of our Faves - Edit

I love this little place, it's definitely our favorite Vietnamese restaurant. The curry is outstanding, and comes with super yummy brown rice! We also love the vegan "crepe" which is the classic Vietnamese banh made from powdered mung beans. They have some great vegan desserts too! The atmosphere is casual, but clean, contemporary and stylish. They always have really cool indie music playing, and have rotating local art.

Pros: Yummy Food, Nice Decor, Good Music

Return to Los Angeles Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Blue Hen closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 1425 times since Aug 2007.