Blue Ginger

Contact 0044121-4440999

32 Poplar Rd, Kings Heath, Birmingham, England, B14 7AD

Serves meat, vegan options available. Every Monday night is vegan night, as the sign in the window states. A small intimate space with 9 tables and a welcoming vibe. Has a selection of vegan starters such as gado gado and mushroom and aubergine curry; main dishes included deep fried tofu on bean sprouts, carrot and cucumber topped with slightly spicy peanut sauce and chestnut mushrooms, aubergine and red peppers in green curry sauce with jasmine rice. Chocolate torte or sticky rice pudding are vegan desserts - try the torte. If your food is ordered before 6:30pm you get 20% off your bill. Consists of 2 rooms. Bands on mainly alternate times and 2 diverse styles. Open Mon-Sat 6:00pm-11:00pm.

Category: Vegan-friendly, Singaporean, Malaysian, Non-veg

First Review by konlish

Not bad, delicious food - Edit

We arrived there just before 6:30 for the early dinner 20% discount!

We ordered the Rambutan and Jack fruit curry, the Tofu stir fry veg curry, plain rice, roti parata and Padan Crepe. The curries were unique burst of flavours, a bit sweet. The noodles was nice but a bit oily and a bit too sweet to my liking. Roti also was too buttery but nice. The crepe was delicious! The mains are only curries, rice or roti is extra. It should come together I feel as it doesn't go on its on usually.

I would have given them a four till I saw a snake in a bottle of wiskey.

They only have a vegan menu one day a week, Monday evenings. Order before 6:30 and get a nice 20% discount.

Apparently their normal menu labels vegan and is available during the week. I did not notice it as I had Vegan Menu.

Pros: Vegan menu, Different to the usual sandwich or burger meals

Cons: Serves flesh and secretions, Has snake in a bottle , Only once a week night

Return to Birmingham Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Blue Ginger closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.