Blue Diamond

Contact +66-053-217120

Moom Muang Road, Soi 9 (at near Sriphum Moat), Chiang Mai, Thailand,

Serves meat, vegan options available. Caters to visiting vegetarians, yogis, meditators, and massage therapist. Features breakfast, lunch, and salads. Makes own bread and supports 2 other nearby healthy food restaurants. Also sells fruits and products. Open Mon-Sat 7:00am-8:30pm.

Category: Vegan-friendly, Lacto, Ovo, International, Non-veg

First Review by LilacHippy

Review of the bakery - Edit

THIS IS A REVIEW OF THE BAKERY!

This bakery is AWESOME!
As a vegan, this place is sooo good! The bakery is not all vegan, but mostly. Only place I Asia where I got a real croissant! Cinnamon rolls are the right amount of greasy. The muffins are great, and the cakes and pies are amazing! i highly recommend the peanut butter pie and the vegan brownie. This place is great but ruined my budget (because i went there almost every day for 5 weeks :P)

Cons: A bit over priced., not fully vegan

A nice hang out with not too high standards - Edit

Been there every now and then over the years. The garden and the crowd hanging out is really relaxed, really nice. Food is borderline "healthy & tasty", but no love basically. Nothing is really good. But hey, it's a cool place to be! Guess that I one day will find myself having a semi delicious avocado salat in there again ...

So yummmy! - Edit

I loove tis place! The place is located in a beautiful garden with a waterfall and the menu is very good. I highly recommend the avocado bread roll and the tempeh salad with avaocado and cashew nuts.

Pros: Tons of vegan options, Decent prices, Atmosphere

Cons: Red curry was soso

amaze ! - Edit

All the vegan desserts!!!! Surprised the menu itself with the food is limited just come here and get a dessert I just ordered an avocado salad w tempeh after devouring a carrot muffin 🤗🤗🌱 beautiful environment as well

not even worth it - Edit

Very cool atmosphere, lots of people, and shelves of fresh baked goods and natural health products had us excited for our breakfast here. It was boring, the baked beans were so bad even a spend thrift such as myself couldn't bare to finish them despite the fact I'd payed extra for them.
We bought a loaf of rye sourdough for 280 baht, again, terribly disappointing. Dense and chewy in all the WRONG ways and the flavor was beyond SOUR.
The woman who rung us up was not especially rude but showed an ineptitude for any kind of customer service or acknowledgment that she was speaking to another human.
The best thing we got was a pumice stone... to scrub our feet.

Very unfriendly staff - Edit

We came here many times for the kombucha which wasn't even that good. The owner and waitresses were rude and not welcoming every time we visited there and the place smells old. Even though the garden is very nice. They have so many vegan options! Actually our non-vegan parents ate lunch and desserts there and they liked it very much. I personally would not go there again because we saw how badly they treated other customers too.

Pros: Lots of vegan options

Cons: Rude staff, Weird smell

Great surprise! - Edit

We didn't expect much from Blue Diamond, but it turned out to be a great place to eat for vegans. They have vegan, gluten-free muffins, organic salads and hill tribe coffee :) Also, there is a store with fresh fruit, teas and spices. Would go back, but there are better vegan organic options in the city (more thai atmosphere)

Pros: GF vegan muffins :)

Cons: Not 100% vegan/vegetarian, But international oriented

Okay, but there's better - Edit

The food is good, but not special (for vegans anyway) - Blue Diamond is mostly a favourite along meateaters that love their breakfast (omelette etc.). Definitely get their cinnamon roll if you're into sweets though. Depending on how much time you have in Chiang Mai go eat somewhere else. Nice atmosphere in the garden, however I hate the fish they have swimming there in a little pond.

Cons: expensive for what you get

great for desserts - Edit

As a vegan this place is great for desserts, everything is very clearly labelled which is great and there is a lot to choose from. Most of the desserts are lovely however a few can be quite dry.. For meals however Blue Diamond isn't anything special and is very pricey.. I visited here 5 times whilst in Chiang Mai and had rude customer service every time!

Awesome selection of vegan baked goods! - Edit

I only came for the baked goods and a vegan cappuccino, so I can't comment on the food, but the muffins, cinnamon roll, and croissants were fantastic!
Nice patio as well.

Pros: Vegan Baked Goods, Patio

only go if you want vegan pastry - Edit

They have decent vegan pastry and cakes. Espresso was alright but nothing to write home about.
What I didn't like was that they have fish in their garden. Having animals in captivity doesn't make this a vegan friendly place imho. Only come here if you crave vegan pastries during your travels.

Pros: vegan pastries , nice atmosphere in general

Cons: Fish in captivity in a cafe with vegan options??, coffee bit pricey and only average

jameshjdavies 03 Nov 2016 - How are you more offended about them having a fish pond than actually serving meat in their cafe? Seems like an overreaction.

great vegan pastry selection!!! - Edit

vegan croissant, cinnamon roll, choco brownies, coconuts cream pie, muffins, cookies, cakes, raw sweet.
Whatever you can imagine, they have it in vegan way.
Lots of gluten free selection as well!
I was looking forward to try vegan 12B donuts but they said they don't make it everyday and especially this season in May : (
Oh and do not try their soy yogurt! it tastes old and sour and not good at all.
Try their vegan tomato pasta! Very generous in volume : )
I wish they had a vegan ice cream!

great variety and delicious food! - Edit

Took me about ten minutes to decided what to eat due to the wide variety. Everything on the menu has a vegan alternative and tastes delicious! Also there is a lot of non breakfast food, and a lot of western and Thai choices. Kept on coming back here at least once a day!
Also have a great health store with a bunch of natural products.

If you're craving that Western Food..... - Edit

Blue Diamond calls itself "The Breakfast Club" and you can indeed get a lot of Western Breakfast choices which is great if you're craving muesli or a pancake (the vegan version costs the same) for once. They also have breadrolls (which they bake themselves) with hummus/ baba ganoush and antipasti.

We also tried two of the soups which were quite nice and not too expensive (around 50 Baht)

One thing that makes me keep coming back are the sweets. Unless you buy the 4 Pack Oatmeal Cookies which are like 80 Baht you can actually get vegan treats very cheap. Tried a cinnamon roll for 35 Baht, not even 1€!!

In Europe everything that is marked as vegan is prone to be overpriced even though the ingredients are often cheaper than the ones of a non vegan treat. But at Blue Diamond almost all of the bakery goods that are vegan (it's clearly marked) are delicious and cheap!

All in all if you're having a strong craving for Western Breakfast choices this is the place to go.

My bf was not that impressed, he said the soup he ordered the first time was a bit to salty and so was his (non-vegan) pancake. Also the honey had three dead ants swimming in it but what can I say.. I didn't encounter anything like that.

Pros: Good Taste, Portion sizes normal and filling, Great choices of Western Food

Cons: Pricy

Excellent!! - Edit

BLUE DIAMOND > Great!

Moom Muang Road, Soi 9 (near Sriphum Moat) Chiang Mai, Thailand

+66-053-217120

Lovely garden setting with waterfalls and koi pond. Tables inside and out but no A/C

Avocado-Cheese-egg-tofu-burger on a multigrain bun (very good) 120Baht (exchange tofu for tempeh an extra 30B)

Veggie Tempura (tasty yet a bit too much batter)

Papaya salad (delicious!! First one I have had in Thailand that I could really enjoy without being overpowered with spices which is typical of Esan style)

Home Fries with bits of onion – very flavorful! 50B

Spinach soup- excellent 65B

Shake Mint Leaves-Honey & lemon – very good 75B

Lemon Meringue Pie (Okay but too chewy and not enough lemon for my taste)

Lots of wonderful looking desserts

International - veggie burgers – Thai - some meat dishes

Mon-Sat 7:00am-8:30pm

Pros: Lovely setting, Many great choices

great cake selection! - Edit

Finally we found a cafe with vegan cakes and muffins! They have interesting ones like avocado-ginger muffin. Also they offer coconut cappuchino! One muffin was a little dry but I think that's a matter of the recipe.

The only thing that really stood out was, that nobody was smiling. They didn't respond when we said hello(sawadi krap) or thank you..

Prices are totally fine.

Pros: great cakes and desserts, interesting pancake variations

Cons: nobody smiled

Return to Chiang Mai Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Blue Diamond closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.