Blue Cat Cafe

Contact 512-368-3406

95 Navasota St, Austin, Texas, USA, 78702

Vegan cafe with adoptable cats roaming the dining room, est. since Oct 2015. Serves hot dogs, sammiches, tacos, and coffee drinks. Open Tue-Thu 11:00am-9:00pm, Fri 11:00am-10:00pm, Sat 10:00am-10:00pm, Sun 11:00am-7:00pm.

Category: Vegan, American, Mexican

First Review by PeteBull5

Enjoyable atmosphere - Edit

Really fun and enjoyable place to eat, have a cup of coffee and enjoy the company of cats. Food was really good, had a Wasabi dog and Brisket sandwich. Recommend the Brisket.

What a cool place - Edit

We stumbled upon this café accidently our first night in Austin. It turned out to be one of the highlights of our trip! We were hungry, my wife is vegan, so the serendipity of that alone was fortuitous. To have the place inhabited by cats was the icing (carob). What a great concept. The staff was wonderful, the food was really really delicious, a vegan take on Texas barbecue. The owner was gracious and charming. We could not have asked for more.

Pros: food, cats, staff

terrible service - Edit

Great idea. very poor execution. a complete mess to check in and sign the waiver. Service was terrible. Sat over ten minutes and then left without anyone coming over. The area is full of vegan restaurants. I would skip if you are hungry.

Fyi, there is a $3 cover/person to cover cat expenses

Pros: cats!, all vegan, great art

Cons: ridiculous service, very disorganized check in process

Great place - Edit

The food is hot dogs, sammiches, & tacos. I had the BrisCat sammich & enjoyed it. The artwork inside & out is really fun, & the cat canopies/elevated trails are interesting. Although most of them were napping midday. I strongly recommend this place. It's separate facility from the Food Truck outside from where you get your food, but they do bring it inside to your table

Pros: Menu is entirely vegan. Good cause

Return to Austin Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Blue Cat Cafe closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 1124 times since Mar 2016.