Blossom Du Jour - Midtown

Contact 646-998-3535

617 Ninth Ave (at Midtown West, Manhattan), New York City, New York, USA, 10036

This Blossom Du Jour outlet opened in 2012. Billed as "shrewd fast food," it's a fast food version of Blossom Restaurant. Offers wraps, burgers, salads, comfort food, raw pizza, raw burrito, soups, fresh juices, smoothies, and sweets.

Category: Vegan, American, Fast food, Juice bar, Delivery, Take-out, Catering, Kosher

First Review by VeganYUMYUM

Oasis vegan a cuadras de Times Square - Edit

¡Muy rico el sandwich de seitan y queso tipo chedar que comi! El smoothy y la galleta que comí, riquísimos tambien.

El diseño del local tiene mucha onda y es de muy buen gusto.

¡Super recomendado!

Pros: ¡Todo vegano! ❤

Necessary in NYC - Edit

The food here was so excellent and mimicked animal products so well it made me a bit nervous to eat them at first. But despite that fact, the Benedict wrap I ordered gave me all the flavors of my previously favorite breakfast dish without the cruelty and hormones. As our world encroaches on a vegan revolution, places like this will lead the charge by helping omnivores realize it isn't pleasure-less and difficult after all.

Pros: clean, aesthetically pleasing, easy to read menu/super accommodating to allergies, outwardly supportive of trustworthy animal activis

Cons: space is a bit small if you want to sit and eat at

Great food and friendly and prompt service. - Edit

The food was hot fresh and tasty. My only complaints are that the price was pretty steep for what it was and there was very little seating.

Pros: All vegan, great food, good service

Cons: Expensive for fast food, very small place

quick, comforting food - Edit

This small joint is great for food options and great "junk" food or even a healthy kale salad. Plus several milkshakes to add ;) I had the midtown melt(Cajun seitan, cheese, guac)- and wow. Just wow. Awesome flavor. My hubs had the seitan Philly cheesesteak and that was even better in our opinion. Great cheesy sauce and fresh sautéed peppers and onions. Yummmmm

First Burger after arriving. - Edit

We arrived in New York and looking for something to eat. Searching in Happy Cow brings us to this beautiful place where I had a Skyscraper and Cookie - Shake. And it was awesome! Couldn't belive what my tastebuds taste. Coming again guaranteed.

A great intro to the NYC vegan scene - Edit

After searching on HC for the best vegan spot near time's square, we found Blossom. Running through the freezing streets on New Years day, we couldn't have been more happy to see Blossom. Best wraps and sandwiches, just so delicious. So many options, hope to be back soon.

Pros: Large menu, Gluten Free Options

problem with time.... - Edit

The site says opens at 10! We arrived at 10:25 to a sign opening at 10:30. It is now 11 and still no sign of opening. Would love to say how great the food is but at this point we decided to go elsewhere. A HUGE let down to say the least.

Can't go wrong - Edit

I've been in NYC for a couple weeks and have visited Blossom a few times now, their egg and bacon muffin is my favourite so far! It's relatively cheap and everything I've had has been delicious!

Delicious and affordable - Edit

My partner and I found this little vegan fast food place and each ordered a breakfast and lunch item from the menu. All four meals were incredible. The flavor and texture were spot on. Easy on the wallet too!

Pros: great flavor, cheap

Meh - Edit

Under Seasoned and underwhelmed. Food is forced and flat. No texture and no love! I had the tofu scramble wrap on one visit and the veggies were non-existent! The textures were awful and there was NO seasoning. The tofu WA almost gray in color and watery. What tofu scramble wrap doesn't come with chunks of veg and turmeric? It was honestly gross! Thinking it was just a bad day, I went back again and ordered the skyscraper bean burger. The burger desperately needed seasoning and texture. It was a pile of mush! The onion rings has a sage taste....who does that?! Onion rings=paprika NOT thanksgiving! Honestly, this "fast food" vegan chain is just that; like a McDonald's for vegans. Don't listen to the other reviews, we deserve MUCH more than that! Would rate it 1 star but Happy Cow won't let me. Do yourself a favor and go next door. Order a slice of pie that is much better!

Quick, tasty - Edit

Ate here and at some of the other ones around Manhattan, can grab something from the fridge quick, or the burgers etc only take a little while to prepare. Loads of choice, tasty, good value with the size/ingredients. Worth a try (or 2 or 3) if you are in NYC

Pros: 4 locations, Quick, Tasty

Quick, simple, fast healthy food - Edit

My daughter and I were starving when we FINALLY found this place (weird street naming in this area, so it's odd to find). They didn't disappoint us though--thankfully!

The sandwiches are simple, but filling and satisfying. Everything is made well, and the prices are quite fair for the area. We'd definitely go back, especially for a quick meal or snack.

Pros: Quick, Tasty food, Kind employees

Cons: Hard to find, Small inside; plan to eat elsewhere

amazing - Edit

I swear every time I try something new I'm like "okay this is my favorite" then I try something else and I'm like "wait no THIS is my favorite" it's all so good!! You really can't go wrong. I come here all the time, it's great for a quick bite. A little expensive for "fast food" but it's delicious so I will keep coming back!

all about the shakes - Edit

I ran in here, post yoga, while jonesing for something sweet. I ordered a chocolate and peppermint milkshake (and a red velvet cupcake for later). The shake was out of this world! I ate the cupcake today. It was okay, but definitely pales in comparison to that shake.

Excellent Casual Vegan Cuisine - Edit

Even if you are not vegan, if you're in Hell's Kitchen, you must, MUST try this place. This is the sister fast food version of Blossom, one of the best vegan restaurants in New York, and in the entire United States.

The BDJ Buffalo Wrap (soy tenders, buffalo sauce, ranch dressing, tomato, carrots, lettuce) is to die for, and the Smokey Avocado (a.k.a. Smokacado - avocado, smoked tempeh, tomato, lettuce, chipotle aioli) wrap also kicks **s. of course, they also have the veggie restaurant requisite juices and smoothies, and LOTS of gluten free options and salads. There's also Taco Tuesday, which consists of three tacos with vegan taco filling, vegan cheddar, pico, vegan sour cream and lettuce. Finally, I've tried the Midtown Melt (cajun spiced seitan, vegan cheese, agave guacamole, lettuce, chipotle aioli) and that blew me away as well.

All in all, an amazing culinary experience right in the heart of Hell's Kitchen. I plan on going there at least three times a week!

Pros: All Vegan, Fairly Quick Service

Cons: Not enough seating, Expensive

Outstanding - Edit

We had an amazing meal here. beautifully made and so fresh. Husband had the Philly Cheese Steak and I had the midtown melt. Both perfect. Can't wait to go back and try more of the extensive menu.

Pros: Fully vegan menu.

Cons: Very reasonable

Eggs Benedict - - Edit

Great eggs Benedict wrap served only until 12:30 but makes for a great breakfast snack

Love coming to this location when visiting NY the only complaint I have, the last two visits they were blaring loud music into the sitting area

Vegan all day long - Edit

It's annoying going to a veg restaurant when half or more of the food is veg and not vegan. This place is great because you order whatever, and it's all vegan!!! Soooo nice!

They have specials like 10% off a wrap or meal if you look for the special. They have premade cold-pressed juices and salads, along with sides. Nearly every one of the premade items is gluten free. Check the ingredients or the menu board, which marks it as gf in red.

They have gf cookies, cupcakes and of course shakes. The most popular is the butterfinger. Yum- choc and pb! Fair prices for NYC, about $7 for a shake or smoothie. The base for the smoothies is generally soy, but you can request almond. The sandwiches, wraps and salads are about $8-10 each. The sides are about $4-5, and most are gluten free!

The place has a great takeout feel or fast meal, but the seats can be a premium, so watch out if you need to sit down. There is high volume, so the food is fresh. The people are really nice and greeted everyone walking in. A staple vegan institution in NYC, so glad for it!

Pros: All vegan, Gf friendly galore, Shakes and dessert!!

Fast food, take-out - Edit

This small restaurant is part of the growing Blossom chain of fast food vegan offerings. There are no tables, only counter space for in store dining, not that dining in is that pleasant - the music is loud and the ac weak. The food though is good. We had the philly cheese steak sandwich, midtown melt and un-chicken avocado griller. The cheese steak was substantial. There are plenty of mock meats, seitan, tempeh, and vegan cheese etc on the menu. While sandwiches and wraps are a mainstay, there are gluten free variations. Overall, this is a good choice for casual vegan dining or take out in midtown.

Pros: fast food vegan

Cons: counter seating only

Great Vegan Food - Edit

We visited this location twice and one of their other locations once. That should be enough to suggest that its good. We had the BLT, Midtown Melt, Skyscraper and the Un-Chicken Avocado Griller. They were all really good. We also had the wedges which were different than what we were expecting but healthy. The only one downside is that everytime we went there they didnt have something I can understand that being a Vegan Cafe that more fresh produce is probably used so im not angry as the food was great but they didnt have coffee one day. All in all i definitely recommend coming here. You will not be dissapointed.

Pros: Good Quality Food, Plenty Of Choices, Friendly Staff

Cons: Shortage With Some Products

Yummy! - Edit

We are visiting New York right now and this was the best vegan food so far. We ate the BLT Sandwich and the Philly Cheese Steak. It was just sooooo good! We absolutely love it and we will definetely go back and try something else. The staff is also very friendly.

Good fast food - Edit

Choices are limited in the midtown area, so we were pleased that Blossom was open early for our lunch. As it was Tuesday, we got the 3 Tuesday Tacos as well as a midtown melt, a buffalo wrap and onion rings. It was all tasty and filling. It's a small location with a counter bar area to eat at, but as it was an extremely hot day, it felt like there was no A/C on. Otherwise, it hit the spot.

Pros: good solid fast food, quick friendly service

Cons: no A/C, no restroom

Vegan Taco Tuesday! - Edit

Service was fast.

I ordered the tacos, received 3 tacos, beautifully presented in a cardboard box with purple crispy tortillas. Tasty and crunchy the way tacos were meant to be! I can't recommend these enough. Fantastic. Heaps of vegan soy "beef" / "chorizo" on them.

Buffalo wings were cold and extremely slimy, but far from the worst I've had in NYC.

The staff asked me how everything was, I said the wings were cold, they said that's not how they are supposed to come out and they would get me some more, then less than 30 seconds later came out with some wings for me, just as cold as the first lot. oh well. I will upload a photo !

I highly recommend it. Diverse Menu.

Updated from previous review on Tuesday May 14, 2013

Pros: Tacos, great hip background music, great location

Cons: cold wings

Excellent fast food - Edit

Best vegan fast food I ever had. As a vegetarian, sometimes vegan can leave you a bit wanting. Not here. I've tried three of their sandwiches, universally excellent, particularly the avocado griller - and at $8 this is a fair price for NYC. And the acai smoothie was fantastic too. They'll deliver to your hotel with a minimum $13 order, which is two sandwiches or one sandwich and a smoothie.

Pros: great fast food, good value

Cons: there isn't one in my home town, i.e. no cons I can think of

sooooo good! - Edit

I found this sweet gem with my happy cow app! Super delicious, inexpensive and fast. The guy working took time to answer all of my gluten free questions. Will be back tomorrow!

Pros: fast, inexpensive, delicious

Cons: none!

Decent but disappointing - Edit

I was expecting a bit more from a place associated with Blossom. The food is decent but nothing that made me want to go back. I got the Skyscraper burger, which turned out to be something like a boca-style burger with fixings and onion rings stacked on it for around $8. Nothing else offered with it. The menu for this location on their websites says they have desserts but the staff said that they no longer have those at the Midtown location when I went to order one.

With Maoz and Loving Hut close by, there are more filling and better value options for the price if you're looking for vegan fast food in the Times Square area.

Pros: Fast service, Decent food

Cons: Pricey for what you get, Food lacks flair

WOW!!! - Edit

I went here with 3 of my friends, and everyone LOVED their orders! Everything is packed with flavor. The interior doesn't have much space to sit and hang out (just 8-10 seats against a bar).

The only bad part was the milkshake...it was melted and just tasted like old chocolate milk. Don't let this stop you from going here though! The entrees are to die for!!!

Pros: flavor!, price, cute atmosphere

Cons: limited seating, milkshakes are "meh"

Return to New York City Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Blossom Du Jour - Midtown closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 10296 times since Nov 2012.