Blossom Du Jour - Chelsea

212-229-2595

259 W 23rd St (at Chelsea, Manhattan), New York City, New York, USA, 10011

Billed as "shrewd fast food," it's a fast food version of Blossom Restaurant and is the flagship locatio. Offers wraps, burgers, salads, raw pizza, raw burrito, soups, fresh juices, smoothies, and sweets. Operating since Oct 2010; previously 174 Ninth Ave, Midtown/Chelsea, next door to Cocoa V. Open Mon-Fri 7:30am-10:00pm, Sat 9:00am-10:00pm, Sun 11:00am-9:00pm.

Category: Vegan, American, Fast food, Juice bar, Delivery, Take-out, Catering, Kosher

First Review by Ethan

my atm favourite NYC eat in / take away - Edit

blossom du jour offers delicious and wide range to choose from items on the menu, e.g. every burger and sandwich + sides were amazing. this particular place has seats by window and by walls, otherwise take away, no restroom.

Pros: delicious, average price

Cons: no restroom

Best vegan burger I ate - Edit

Small, nice place, friendly staff with attention to details. It has not an extensive menu but the variety is great!

baby's first vegan experience - Edit

Blossom du Jour was the first all-vegan restaurant I ever went to. Although I was a vegetarian for years, I wasn't sure about the whole vegan thing. This place proved to me that a life without dairy or eggs can be just as tasty as a life with them. I got the unchicken griller, and fully enjoyed every delicious bite. This place is quick and easy for a meal, and incredibly delicious.

Nice breakfast - Edit

I had breakfast here - a breakfast scramble wrap. It was nice and convenient. These small shops have a limited menu, but enough, and are an excellent vegan choice for fast food.

Butterfinger shake - Edit

I stumbled upon this place while on vacation. The staff was very friendly and willing to answer any questions. The whole menu was strictly vegan. The butterfinger shake was incredible. The lady making it accidentally made too much, and she put the extra in a separate cup and gave that to me as well (so I shared it with my friend). Absolutely delicious. I cannot wait to come back for more food!

Pros: Everything

vegan food doesn't suck. - Edit

You say you are saving money going to get a Big Mac, but are you really? I'd rather spend the extra two bucks on a vegan egg cheese and bacon muffin, be just as full, feel lighter, and know I'm not filling my body with crap and animal innards. Delish, filling, and friendly!

Hearty Meal at the Right Price Point! - Edit

My husband and I stopped into Blossom for lunch and weren't disappointed! We both enjoy vegan meat and cheese so we split the buffalo sandwich and bacon cheeseburger they were both amazing but we agreed the bacon cheeseburger was the better of the two. The flavored were spot on, the portions were large enough to really split between two people and the service was prompt. The location was modern and upscale enough to take someone on a date or have a fancy dinner at. There were quite a few healthy options on the menu as well as some very tempting dessert options, which we passed on since we were stuffed! I would definitely come back again! I think this would be a great place to bring non veg friends and family.

Lived up to the hype - Edit

I loved this intimate, and cute place. The cheesesteak was out of this world, on soft ciabatta bread. My husband got the burger, I forget which one... Skyscraper or something similar. He liked his but found the bun to be on the stale side. We walked over to their bakery a few blks away which I'm not seeing on this app... The peanut butter cookies were amazing. My husband loved their red velvet cupcakes and chocolate chip cookies. We both found the onion rings to be a bit soggy.

Pros: cheesesteak

Cons: onion rings

Amazing - Edit

Blossom du Jour has amazing vegan food and affordable prices. Unpretentious, fun and relaxed describes the atmosphere. The staff are also super friendly and helpful. Big ups to Josh! HIGHLY suggested: Mac 'n Cheese, Butterfinger shake, Midtown Melt, Un-chicken Avocado Griller, and The Little Italy.

Pros: 100% vegan, Great food, Great staff

Vegan but overpriced! - Edit

The food here is ok, it's great to have vegan options for fast food, but very expensive for what they give you. Had the breakfast bowl, it was good but they serve the tempeh bacon cold... The vanilla shake was very good.

Cons: expensive

Omnivore approved - Edit

The staff was friendly and helpful. I took my Omnivore son with me. When he got his Buffalo Wrap he said "I think they made a mistake and used real chicken!" He then asked for a second one. The shakes were awesome. You wouldn't know it was made from soy. This is a must go to spot.

Pros: Hot and fresh , Subway near by, Grab and go available

Cons: No place to wash your hands

THE BEST VEGAN REST IN NEW YORK! - Edit

The Smokey Avocado wrap and Karmic Kale salad are the bomb

Cons: no seating area. only take out, would like them to add organic beer and wine to th

good food, great atmosphere - Edit

Although a small space, overhearing conversation about animal rights and the future while eating a cruelty-free lemony unchicken sandwich was kinda nice. It reminded me that not everyone claims vegetarian or vegan because it is becoming more popular. There are people opening these restaurants because it is their passion & people coming in and asking about that & learning.

Oh, yeah. And the food was awesome too.

American sandwiches done right - Edit

We recently stayed in NYC for a week and alternated between Blossom and Terri for breakfast each day. All food here is vegan. The sandwiches are excellent - "meatball sub","pulled pork","avocado chicken" (vegan)- if you want american style sandwiches they do around 6 really, really nice ones. Good portion sizes, lots of filling and something like $6 each. Staff were friendly. Good shakes and coffee. Exactly want you want for breakfast or quick food. The cakes were probably a little better than Terri, but there's little to choose between both places. If you went to either you should be happy. There's only a few seats so you might need to takeaway. But overall really glad we ate here.

Pros: good filling american style sandwiches, inexpensive, all vegan

Cons: only a few seats

Consistently delicious and reliable - Edit

I have had great consistent good service and quality food from Blossom. I enjoy their juices and their build-your-own bowls. The food is filling and keeps me going. The atmosphere is casual and friendly. I feel comfortable going there anytime of day. I know I can always come back and be sure to have a delicious meal.

Pros: Exciting, varied menu , Quality meals , Relaxes atmosphere

Tasty Veg Take-Out - Edit

Blossom Du Jour has delicious fast food and has a central location in Chelsea. The service is super-friendly, including spot on recommendations from the staff. The shakes are divine. I highly recommend the Skyscraper and BLT Caesar Wrap. Small dining area though great food to grab and go, especially on a warm spring or summer day.

Pros: Vegan Fast Food, Shakes, Friendly Staff

very good - Edit

Ate here on a recent trip and was very satisfied. The portions were filling, food was delicious, and prices were OK.

I recommend against the all-day breakfast scramble. It comes in a wrap, which isn't mentioned on the menu. My girlfriend was disappointed about that.

Our milkshakes and my buffalo wrap were amazing, though.

Pros: all vegan

Another favourite - Edit

Organic vegan fast food in a vibrant small place with some seats by the window perfect for people watching. Amazing sandwiches, specially the seitan philly cheese steak! I would go back every time.

Pros: Great sandwiches, Inexpensive

Return to New York City Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Blossom Du Jour - Chelsea closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.