Blondes

• ( 34 reviews )

106 King St, Cottingham, England, HU16 5QE

Family-run coffee cafe, bakery, dog accessories & gifts shop. Has almond, soy, oat, hazelnut and coconut milks. Dog friendly. Reported all vegan by owner Sept 2017. Open Wed 10:00-15:00, Thu-Fri 10:00-16:00, Sat-Sun 10:00-15:00.

Categories: Vegan, Organic, Western, Take-out, Bakery

First Review by MariaJade

chunky-vegan

Points +77

15 Aug 2021

Fantastic vegan cafe/ shoo

Found this place whilst trying in Hull and had the best vegan breakfast ever. Even my carni son loved his pancakes and 'bacon'. Thoroughly enjoyed my bacon cob and my daughter was very happy with her beans on toast with Oreo milkshake.
Also, a lovely little shop selling a variety of vegan goodies and refills.
We will be back as often as we can

Updated from previous review on 2021-08-15

Pros: Fully vegan, Lots of choice, Fair price

parky2021

Points +35

06 Aug 2021

Amazing

Little gem of a food shop. Amazing quality vegan food to eat in or takeaway. Even dog friendly with treats available to buy for your furry friends.

Updated from previous review on 2021-08-06

Pros: Fully vegan menu, Lots of choice including desserts and sweets, Fantastic value for money

MirandaT

Points +87

01 Aug 2021

Multifunctional shop, friendly team

Not just a café, but a refill shop and deli. Awesome-looking ice cream sundaes (which I was too full to try after my German hot dog) and yummy smoothies (I had the yellow one). Lovely helpful staff. Sells everything from loose cocoa powder by weight, to dog biscuits! Fascinating place that's well worth a visit. Less than 10mins walk from the train station.

Pros: Very good selection of cakes , Friendly staff , Refill foods, toiletries and household cleaners

Cons: Not the healthiest menu

AliceManterfield

Points +194

26 Jul 2021

Lovely place! Great vegan pick & mix

Felt like a kid again loading up on pick & mix here! Also had amazing pasties and sausages rolls to take away, highly recommend.

ChloeSembiante

Points +58

28 Aug 2020

Love this cafe

Such a cute cafe filled with basically everything 😂 sells cakes, coffees, sandwiches, and even vegan goodies to take home! I’m a big fan of thier chocolate finger biscuits! And their honey blonde speciality is super good!

Pros: Staff are friendly , Food is amazing, Grocery section is really nice

Triffid

Points +62

19 Jan 2020

Friendly laidback atmosphere

I had the all day breakfast and a large cappuccino which were both tasty and plentiful. The staff were very friendly and helpful. The atmosphere is so relaxed that, if I hadn’t been working, I would have stayed longer. If I’m in this area again, I will definitely revisit.

Pros: It’s all vegan, Staff are friendly

trusara

Points +409

17 Nov 2019

Amazing Place, great decor and fab food, we went miles out of the way and it didn't disappoint

We were travelling from N Yorks to Lincolnshire and decided we could pop in to Cottingham for this place, it was epic! I'm not a breakfast person but I was in love with their bagel, omellete, sausage, hashbrown, beans and cheese!!! My partner got a homemade beetburger with extra hash browns- it all tasted amazing, the tables are fab, its nice and roomy upstairs and they have a great selection in their shop- we picked up some violife extra mature and could have easily got lots more! We even stayed a while in the village so we could have their amazing dessert and milkshakes-divine! if we are ever in the area we will definetly return as it was a great experience. A SUPER FINE example of a vegan cafe!!!!

Pros: great selection of food and drinks, plus 'shop', THE SHAKES!!!! YUM! lots of flavours available, The setting, big tables, comfy couches

Cons: Not much room downstairs but LOTS upstairs, no lock on toilet door

WillJames

Points +470

13 Oct 2019

Good Breakfast

Big breakfast is a real winner! A really great fix after a big night out on the sauce.

AmyKC

Points +156

18 Jun 2019

Cake / Hot Drinks

We visited here whilst in the area. Fantastic that Cottingham has a vegan cafe.

I found the hot chocolate to be very sweet therefore didn’t finish the drink. Lots of options for cakes however again, very sweet and one portion of cake was quite dry

Options for a dark hot choc would be great.

Would consider returning for some savoury food

Pros: Specials board

Cons: Food very sweet

AndriusFoje

04 Apr 2019

Cozy place, fast food.

A small coffee shop with heaten-up snacks. Friendly staff.

emma_angela

Points +43

14 Mar 2019

Really good food

Really nice and welcoming atmosphere, they also sell different vegan sauces, chocolates, cheeses, snacks and more. They have a very wide menu choice plus they are dog friendly.

Pros: All vegan , Wide choice of hot and cold drinks , Plenty of choice

butterbeany

Points +159

21 Dec 2018

Lovely little place

I really liked this place. As other people have said it's a lot of meat replacements which I'm not a huge fan of, but I love vegan cheese and there was plenty of that! I still enjoyed my meal, I had a baked potato with cheese. Portion sizes are great and the desserts are WONDERFUL

Pros: lovely atmosphere, dog friendly, GREAT DESSERTS

Cons: Could do with a few options without fake meat

frankiemitra

Points +25

21 Nov 2018

Friendly attractive cafe

So I think it’s great Cottingham have a vegan cafe. It’s a very attractive place to be, they’ve done well there. BUT... food options are all meat replacement which I can understand might attract meat eaters to come and check it out.. but menu just wasn’t that appealing to me and the hot dog I had was absolutely vile. Cake and mylkshake were delicious.

Pros: Delicious cakes several to choose from , Nice decor , Shop

Cons: All meat replacement eg: hot dog, chicken , Meat replacement did not taste good at all , Not enough imaginative vegan options on menu

vegansarauk

Points +187

16 Nov 2018

Cruelty-free Eatery

We are so lucky to have this 100% vegan cafe in East Yorkshire. It's a novelty to have so much choice for once instead of just one token vegan option. They also stock various vegan chiller and non-chiller items and are dog friendly.

Pros: 100% vegan, vegan owner, Dog friendly , Lots of choice, freshly prepared

Cons: Wish there was a Blondes in every town!

MarthaBawn

Points +66

18 Oct 2018

Vegan cafe

It was a nice friendly place cosy atmosphere but the food wasn’t very good, I had a hot dog which was dry and bland without onions as they didn’t do them. I think it’s a snacks type place where I was probably wanting a proper vegan restaurant type place instead of a cafe. Other than that it was awesome to have a all vegan place!

Pros: Lots of vegan options , Completely vegan, Dog friendly

Cons: Food wasn’t very nice

MichaelBoyce

Points +22

28 Sep 2018

Best Vegan Café!

One of the best, if not the best, vegan café around. The worlds friendliest staff you’ll ever find, brilliantly made food and a cozy atmosphere.

Pros: 100% Vegan, Brilliant Staff, Wonderful Food and Drink

Cons: Beware, not open Sundays! (We can only wish)

mjveganfitness

Points +1642

08 Sep 2018

Best cakes!

Now 100% vegan. Recently updated decor and new menu with many options. All of their cakes are delicious - especially the rocky road! They also sell vegan products you can buy and take away eg cheese/vego chocolate and spread/perfumes etc. Run by a lovely family! A must visit when in the area. Dog friendly.

Pros: Mostly vegan, Gluten free, Fab staff

LivBurley

03 Jul 2018

Delicious!!

Amazing fully vegan cafe in Cottingham! I love it here. Been so many times and will definitely carry on. Also had my birthday cake made by them which was lovely 😊

Pros: Fully vegan cafe with great food

EmmaNash

Points +70

22 May 2018

Charming dog friendly cafe

Delicious sweet and savory food. All human food is vegan and there are often fantastic food options especially for dogs too. Since a renovation in early 2018 there has been so much more seating space upstairs.

Pros: Dog friendly, doubles as a gift shop, Chilled deli section of 'meats' and 'cheeses' to t

drunkavacardo

Points +20

20 May 2018

Blondes

Amazing food the milkshakes are out of this world

Pros: Great menu , Amazing food

hungryveg

Points +33

15 Apr 2018

Expensive but all vegan

Love that Blondes is fully vegan and the staff are nice. I find it expensive though and most things aren't home made so I don't go often.

JohnKnight

Points +289

28 Jan 2018

An experience

Just how good is Blonde's? Well, we have a mate who will occasionally cycle from Sheffield for breakfast at Blonde's and then cycle home. That's a 160 mile round trip. But let's face it, where else can you get a vegan fish finger and mushy pea panini? Or foot high freak shakes? Or a muffin for your dog? Blonde's is an experience, not just a cafe.

Pros: Everything

Cons: Nothing

TimMonaghan

Points +54

03 Nov 2017

simply brilliant

What a gem of a place, great food and vegan shopping
Thanks

Glipena

Points +22

31 Oct 2017

Amazing place!

I’ve been to Blondes probably 4 times since my first time, not that long ago. This is because it’s just so amazing!
I’ve tried lots of the food on the menu as well as the cakes, buns, hot chocolate & milkshakes.
Everything I’ve tried has tasted so amazing!

Pros: Dogs!!!!, Amazing vegan food, Warm and comforting atmosphere

AndyWoolston

23 Sep 2017

I adore this place!

I've had incredible vegan doner kebabs and fried chicken here, but they also do fantastic sandwiches and pastries.

Super lovely staff and dogs are more than welcome. Love this place!

Pros: Dog-friendly, Completely vegan, Amazing specials

Cons: Limited seating

JonCatlow

Points +50

21 Sep 2017

absolutely love this place!

Entirely vegan, even down to the cleaning products! The BBQ pulled not pork took me back to The USA with the added feel good factor that it was ethically sound and much healthier, everything I've tried has been fantastic, from the healthy smoothies to the decadent desserts and all the wonderful savoury food

Pros: Everything

Cons: it's not open 24/7 😂

AimeeDavidson

Points +24

19 Sep 2017

Best vegan place around!!!

Blondes offers a huge menu so let's start with the drinks menu ranging from coffee, teas, freakshakes to smoothies to the best hot chocolates list you'll ever see!
And the food is suitable for all eaters they have mock meat alternatives for paniniis toasties wraps you name it, they have jacket potatoes, they offer breakfast menu then do burgers, chilli, curry it's a vegan dream! So nice to go somewhere and not just have falafel and hummus, prices are very reasonable
I'm obsessed with the club sandwiches they do!
And NOW CAKE you'll never see vegan cake like it it's unreal! Glittery Cheesecakes rocky road Eton mess brownies shortbreads custard slices rainbow cakes and so many more all yes all vegan!!
It's a family run shop which also sells lots of gifts and animal related products, all the tips go to help animals in need in Europe! What else could you want I highly recommend this place
Oo and not to mention they recently got a vegan fridge full of cheeses mayo etc to buy!
I love it here!! ✌

Pros: dog friendly!!! , staff are all vegan so they understand , something for everyone 😊

Return to Cottingham Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Blondes closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.