Bliss Cafe

807-472-0514

87 N Cumberland St, Thunder Bay, Ontario, Canada, ON P7A 4N8

Raw food cafe close to the waterfront. Makes flax crackers, salads, and wraps; coffee, tea, and smoothies. Menu changes due to seasonal and local produce availability. Food is vegan and gluten-free. Holds cooking classes and other events. Open Mon 11:00am-7:00pm, Fri-Sun 11:00am-7:00pm.

Category: Vegan, American, Organic, Raw, Western

First Review by Bonnie Jean

Quaint café with huge selection of raw goodies - Edit

This is a cute café with an eclectic vibe! We arrived right when they opened & were looking for breakfasty-type food. I ordered a smoothie and got a raw key-lime tart as well. My hubbie ordered an Americano and a date square. After chatting with staff member John, he also ordered "toast" using their burger bun and adding some fresh local-made jam. All was fresh & delicious! They have an entire display case filled with raw vegan treats! I regret not taking a picture. Would've liked to go back to try more but were only in town for the weekend.

Pros: Fresh-made food, Amazing selection of raw goodies, Friendly & helpful staff

Good Food Poor Service - Edit

We were travelling through the area and we're excited to try this place. We showed up about 25 min before close on Sunday. We went in knowing they were closing soon and asked if we could order something still. They said yes so we assumed we were staying. We sat down after ordering our soups. She put them in take out containers and we were like oh well I guess we are getting it to go? She said nothing. So we took our soup to go slightly annoyed. We purposely ordered something we knew would be quick and easy. It was 5 dollars for the soup and it didn't even come with bread. It was served in a small coffee cup. The soup was very tasty which is why I gave three stars and it was really nice in there I wish we could have stayed. My soup was slightly warm and my boyfriends soup was cold. I don't usually like to give bad reviews :( sorry guys but the service was lacking today. Maybe they were just having an off day :( ... Still I would go back again if I was in the area because it tasted really good and was fully vegan.

Pros: awesome food , all vegan and some raw , really cute cozy place

Cons: kicked out before closing when we wanted to eat in, cold food

Amazing food and service! - Edit

Helen and Andre were both very welcoming and a joy to meet. The food was amazing and can't wait to visit again soon. Love the warm and inviting atmosphere as well :)

super friendly - Edit

we arrived 20 minutes before closing on sunday (6pm). They told us to get whatever, and that we could stay as long as we wanted "they had a lot to do" we ordered the curry lentil salad which was really great. I loved the sprouted lentils on top. the cashew mayo was fantastic. then had pizza for a main dish. got some birch sap chaga tea to go. the desserts were great. we had carrot cake and chocolate raspberry cake. both were amazing. the black bean brownies was great as well. can't wait to go back. totally worth the drive. such friendly service.

Pros: all vegan!, super friendly

Great personal service - Edit

A must try if you like friendly small town service in a large city. Excellent raw food prepared with loving attention. Especially liked the pizza and sugarless sweets.

Pros: nice friendly atmosphere, tasty food, healthy selections

Return to Thunder Bay Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Bliss Cafe closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.