Bliss Cafe

718-599-2547

191 Bedford Ave (at Williamsburg), Brooklyn, New York, USA, 11211

Brooklyn vegetarian cafe. Menu items include tofu sandwiches, BLT, the bliss bowl (brown rice, beans, veggies, tofu, seaweed, and tahini). Open Mon-Fri 9:00am-11:00pm, Sat-Sun 10:00am-11:00pm.

Category: Vegan-friendly, American, Organic, Juice bar, Take-out

First Review by Poundie

Bliss - Edit

Stumbled across bliss walking down Bedford ave. Little place with not a lot of seating but it felt nice. The tofu scramble on a bagel was yum, nice juice and plenty of other vegan options available......The Nachos sound amazing!

Cons: The waiter was in an awful mood.

Simple vegan/vegetarian food - Edit

As other reviews have stated the food here is simple. I love it though! It is like being wrapped in a warm blanket. Service is spotty and a little slow. My favorite is the harvest plate: cornbread, steamed veggies, brown rice, lentils, and maybe a few other things I'm forgetting with dressing of your choice (the lemon-tahini is my favorite). Anyhow, pretty basic vegan/vegetarian food (reminds me of veggie food in the 90's) that is inexpensive.

Pros: Comfort food, Inexpensive

Cons: Service

Fantastic! I wish I'd been able to go again - Edit

This place feels like a 50s cafe, but with eclectic LOUD music playing.

The food is absolutely fabulous. We loved everything we tried, including a breakfast, a dinner, an appetizer, and a drink.

This is a place that I'd go to again and again if I lived close. Pick what looks good to you on the menu, and I bet you won't be disappointed. We weren't! Our only disappointment is that we didn't get to go back. :)

Pros: Tastes great, Breakfast AND Lunch/Supper items, Fast

Cons: Loud music, Hard to park; can't take public trans

1-day vegan breakfast in NYC which topped the rest - Edit

We ate our first breakfast there on our 7 day NYC trip. We tried to visit at least 2 vege places a day, different each time and Bliss Cafe was the one we liked the best, talked about the most and we will visit it again very soon! :)

Very good food, reasonably prices, nice place, not too fancy, not too crapy, just perfect

I distinctivly remember the vegan tofu scramble breakfast burrito

Brooklyn Bliss - Edit

Bliss is my and my husband's favorite Brooklyn vegan restaurant. The restaurant is small though has a positive vibe and great Bedford Avenue location. Try to sit at the tables by front window and watch the interesting comings and goings of Bedford Avenue hipsterville. Breakfast is served until 4 pm. Must-haves include the harvest plate, vegan French toast, chili with cornbread, seitan sandwich and hummus wrap. Chai lattes are excellent. Service can be a little slow, though it is well worth the wait for the delicious vegan fare. While in Brooklyn definitely make a stop at Bliss or their sister restaurant Bliss Grand.

Pros: Delicious Food, Location, Vegan breakfast

Cons: Slow Service

Breakfast till 4pm! - Edit

Pro's:
Great variety of items on the menu. Lots of vegan items. The specialty juices were the best thing about the meal. Breakfast until 4pm is awesome!

Cons:
Bliss is lacking that warm, welcoming vibe that keeps you coming back to a restaurant even if the food is so-so.

I give it 3.5 cows. If you like bland food, 4 cows. I like flavorful dishes, so the bland taste was a disappointment.

Good food, but bad service - Edit

I always want to like Bliss Cafe more than I do every time I go there. The food is good (not great) and one of the few veggie breakfast places in Williamsburg, Brooklyn. The service is always terrible. Always. I love the quirkiness of this place and the fact that it is all veggie.

Pros: Veggie breakfast option

Cons: Terrible service

classic Williamsburg standby - Edit

Always liked this place, went several years ago and was happy to see it still around. Stopped in for a breakfast burrito which was really quite nice. It may not be the fanciest or most innovative but it's definitely an old standby and I think it'd be hard to get a bad meal here.

Pros: convenient, cheap, friendly

Cons: a little bland, cramped

Great, easy, vegan lunch - Edit

Low key, casual place; good for lunch. BYOB allowed. Similar to other counter service vegan shops. Nothing gourmet, but the food is good. I really enjoyed by seitan steak and "cheese" sandwich. Great location. Inexpensive.

Pros: vegan, location, BYOB

Cons: small space

Meh - Edit

The food was okay, but I definitely agree that it's a little bland and simple. I did like the vegan cole-slaw though. I actually would have preferred more of that and less of my sandwich.

Pros: Friendly Staff, Decent Prices

Cons: Cash Only, Simple Food

Not so blissful - Edit

We ate here a few weeks back. I was hesitant since the reviews don't seem to be that good, but we decided to give it a go anyway...and it pretty much lived up to its reviews. Simple, not so exciting food - the kind you could make at home. I had the tempeh sandwich which was good, but the corn chips on the side were stale.

I don't think we'll be going back to Bliss - would much rather try the vegan asian restaurant across the street.

Pros: Quiet , Good location

Cons: Bland food, Unattentive Waitstaff

OK . . . - Edit

This place is in a hip neighborhood has a cozy, relaxed, not downscale atmosphere--sort of like a college-town eatery. The food is sincere, but simple and certainly not gourmet.

Pros: relaxed setting, decent price

Cons: food tastes just OK

Return to Brooklyn Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Bliss Cafe closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.