First Review by bad.sneakers

Bliss! - Edit

I love bliss! The ambiance, the food especially that one night when I tried out their salad with strawberries, vegan ice cream (I think it was the coco milk one) and sisig. My apologies if I don't remember the exact names of the food I ate but it was certainly delicious!

Pros: great ambiance, friendly owners , good place to relax and enjoy your food

Cons: a bit far

A definite recommendation. - Edit

Although my father comes from Benguet it was not until I became a vegetarian that I discovered Bliss. Upon entering I immediately felt the lovely, relaxing atmosphere of the cafe and was welcomed by the friendly owner and staff.

With the wide array of dishes I found it difficult to choose as I was dining alone. However I eventually settled on the soup of the day, a Bali salad, an Indian veggie curry set which came with Indian Chai, a Bliss crepe and a Bliss ball. Happy to say that everything tasted delicious! Particular stand outs to me were the Bali salad with the honey yoghurt dressing, the piquant chutney that came with the curry, and of course the Bliss ball. I've never tasted anything like the Bliss ball before and it truly was bliss with each bite.

Several days after I returned to order takeaway food for my journey back to Manila. This time I went with Filipino food as I myself have no idea how to prepare vegetarian versions. I have never been a fan of pretend meats or meatloaves, which I why I decided against the sisig, but the energetic embutido was to die for! Best ever fake meat dish I have had, hands down, and also in a way made me regret not trying their sisig. This time I got not one but six Bliss balls and devoured them all myself.

From now on I think I will be a regular at Bliss every time I go back to the Philippines. Not only is the food delightful, the service is also excellent.

Pros: Excellent food, Very good service, Lovely ambiance

Yum, I always enjoy this place. - Edit

I only visit Baguio once a year but always make an effort to visit Bliss once or twice. It might be a tie between the yummy food and the atmosphere of the place. Even the artwork and music have meaning. There are also great books to read while enjoying a lovely cup of tea or glass of wine. It is bliss.

Pros: friendly, knowledgable staff, free parking, reading materials

Worth the wait - Edit

Whenever we're in Baguio, my wife and I always find Bliss! True, the wait is sometimes a bit long. But good things take time (this ain't fast food), and in such a peaceful atmosphere, who cares? We have NEVER had a bad meal; it's always worth the wait! We have made several friends among the other diners there, and feel like members of Jim and Shanti's family. Someday, when we move to Baguio, our second home will be Bliss!

Pros: great, healthy food, blissful atmosphere, warm, caring people

Return to Baguio City Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has CLOSED: Bliss Cafe closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 1001 times since Aug 2007.