First Review by the_vegbrarian

Donuts to Die For - Edit

Just came back from Bliss and must say I am in a state of bliss. . . I've tried the cinnamon sugar VEGAN donuts which are just perfect. Not greasy with the perfect amount of sugar and cinnamon; they take me right back to my childhood.

With the exception of the Challah all their breads are vegan too.

Pros: friendly staff, offer lunch items too, lots of free parking

Cons: not all items are vegan, not open on Saturday

Love this bakery! - Edit

I discovered this gem a few months ago through a friend. I had never heard of it but my life has definitely changed now that I have!

Not everything is vegan, but the lovely lady or man tending the front area will be more than happy to point out what is or is not vegan. I have had their cream horns, croissant-looking princess pink pastries, some caramel squares, some bread, their butternut squash soup, their fruit tarts and lately their zaatar bread. I highly recommend any of the above, but you MUST TRY THE ZAATAR, they make it every Friday and they recommend you order in advance to ensure you get one as they sell out of it frequently! They also have these sausage-roll looking things but stuffed with mushrooms and potato, they are delicious, and that is coming from someone who doesn't even like mushrooms!

Pros: Quality, Service, Prices

Cons: Run out of stock, Behind a smelly donair shop

Yum - Edit

This smaller bakery offers vegan pastries, cookies and croissants (all really delicious) as well as non-vegan baking as well. You can special order vegan cakes as well. They usually have vegan burritos and stir fry for lunch everyday. Note: they say the stir fry is vegan, but it has honey in it.

Pros: Parking, Friendly staff, Delicious baked goods

Cons: Limited variety, Hours

Awesome vegan pastries! - Edit

The kind staff at Bliss Baked Goods are more than willing to help you select a vegan treat from their dairy and nut-free selection. My husband picked up a box of treats which included danishes, cookies and some kind of a cream-filled puff pastry. All were really delicious. I think they used real fruit in the danishes.
They also make vegan cupcakes and cakes if you order them in advance.
Their hours of opening are very short which makes it hard for me to get there, but it's worth the effort.

Pros: delicious vegan treats, lots of parking

Cons: short open hours

Return to Edmonton Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Bliss Baked Goods closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 1275 times since Feb 2013.