Blendlove

Contact N/a

1/253 Ferry Rd, Southport, Gold Coast, Queensland,

A 100% vegetarian/vegan eatery with a cool, funky vibe and a fun positive atmosphere. Specializes in 100% vegan cheesecakes - individual and whole cakes. Open Mon-Sat 7:00am-3:00pm. Closed Sun.

Category: Vegan-friendly, Raw, Western

First Review by Mica2020

Almost full marks - Edit

I went here today with a friend for lunch.

Blendlove is located in a small shopping centre on the left hand side of Ferry Road, going into Southport. There's a reasonable amount of parking available for a small centre, and i had no problem finding a spot - although if it got really busy it could be tough.

Blendlove outlines its concern for health and the environment on its site, but misses the main point of veganism, which is animal use. So while all the food is vegan (at least on our visit), they still offer cow's milk in drinks (they have plant milk available).

That said, their food was very good and well presented. My friend had the veggie burger, which had various layers and an accompanying salad. It also had a number of distinctive touches, such as a quinoa bun and cashew aioli. Piled high, and held together with a bamboo tie, it looked impressive, but was only practical to eat after being taken apart.

The burger was $17 - so at the higher end - but my friend said he enjoyed it and found it filling - along with the black coffee he also had.

I had the berry-licious pancakes ($16), which were very good. They weren't your run-of-the-mill pancakes: light, springy, and well complemented by cashew yoghurt, strawberries, caramelised bananas, blueberry sauce, some hazelnuts and a few small edible flowers.

Both our dishes, which we ate there, came served in open cardboard containers. Despite some initial surprise, these turned out to have merit. They were a clever alternative to dishes (and the washing up that goes with them).

The volume of the music inside seems to have toned down from earlier reviews, although is higher than background music. The space is nice and open, and even though the outdoor area we sat in faces out onto Ferry Road, it's far enough away to not be annoying. Unfortunately, the day we were there, there was some work going on by the road that created more noise than usual - something i wouldn't expect on a routine basis.

All in all, a real plus for fresh, tasty, interesting vegan food.

A minus that Blendlove doesn't get the reason behind veganism and still serves cow's milk. One 'star' off for that - otherwise 5 stars.

Pros: fresh, interesting food, friendly staff, off road parking

Cons: not vegan, not vegan, not major, but fronts Ferry Road

First Rate - Edit

We ate here on this past Friday around 11.30 am and it was packed.Whilst the menu was limited,the taste and quality of the food was top notch.Burger with a mushroom patty and quinoa roll was scrumptious.Sweet potato fries with cashew cream aioli were crisp and delicious.The raw zucchini salad was a refreshing offset.Coffee was strong[as requested]and one of the best soy lattes we have had.Desserts of nutella "cheese cake"[raw and chocolaty]and buckwheat pancakes[gluten free]were excellent and made better by the fact that they do not use refined white sugar.On top of this,the staff were friendly and helpful despite being very busy.Australia needs more of these top quality plant based establishments.

Pros: Clean , Friendly staff, Plant based gluten free ingredients

Cons: Busy ,but this reflects the quality food

coffee and cake - Edit

was very busy when I visited so coffee took some time to arrive. price for coffee and a vegan cake seemed comparable to other cafes. there was a big range of vegan cakes, the one I tried was rich and luxurious. food presentation was notable. the music is loud inside but I was outside on the carpark side so conversation was possible. well behaved dogs on leads OK in outside area.

Pros: lots vegan cheese cake style options

Cons: pick your time as this cafe appears to be often bu

Okay experience - Edit

This was overall a very average dining experience. The location is on a busy road, so the outdoor eating area is noisy, but the indoor area was no better as they had music playing very loudly. Too loudly for 7.30am, and too loud to have a conversation.
The meals we had were very basic and somewhat over-priced for what they were. I couldn't tell what the coffee was like, because there was no regular sugar available- only the dark coconut sweetener that has a strong flavour of its own. I couldn't drink my coffee as a result. Why not have white sugar available also? It is far cheaper, and doesn't distort the flavour of the coffee.
I travelled some distance to try this cafe, and I can't say that I would do so again.

Pros: Vegan, Open early

Cons: Noisy- traffic noise and loud music, The coffee is ruined by their sugar , The food is overpriced for what it is.

2 Responses

Return to Gold Coast Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Blendlove closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 1553 times since Sep 2015.