Blackthorn Trust Cafe

+44-1622-725585

Blackthorn Trust, St Andrew's Rd (at rear of Medical Centre), Maidstone, England, ME16 9AN

Vegetarian cafe, bakery, plant nursery and craft workshop for people with severe and long term physical and mental health problems. The cafe menu is lacto-vegetarian and uses the organic and bio-dynamic produce of the small vegetable & herb garden in which it is located. Reported open as of May 2016. Open Mon-Fri 9:30am-3:30pm.

Categories: Vegan-friendly, Lacto, International, Organic

First Review by Scooby Doo

Not a lot for vegans - Edit

I've been here a few times in the past, when I was vegetarian. The café is within a biodynamic garden, where they grow produce for the café.

Recently, I came here for lunch with a friend. There still isn't a lot of choice for vegans which is a real shame. I had a salad, which was very nice, but would love to see at least one hot and cold item on the menu for vegans - and dessert or cake please!

They also have a shop selling handmade cards, crafts and their home made bread and tea infusions.

Pros: Lovely setting, Homegrown salad

Cons: Not a lot of choice for vegans

FDAac8 - Edit

UsSisssewywzz away Q.ca

Pros: Kent and xohjxx sscq a, l. yeah yoza s as weeeeeeeeeeeesdaS

Cons: zzigi Zunigauo

Disappointing for vegans - Edit

We tried to go here for lunch last weekend, and were very much looking forward to eating here, having seen on here that it was vegan-friendly, but when we arrived, none of the dishes on the menu were suitable for vegans.

Pros: Location, View, Fresh vegetables

Cons: No vegan options

Looks like it has closed - Edit

We were up from Cornwall visiting my parents and added this to our schedule of things to do as the website looked really interesting too. We have family members who have either suffered difficulties or worked with people who have so were keen to support this Trust.

Unfortunately we arrived to find it completely closed, despite on the billboard in the car park and on their website it saying they would be open. The closed sign was nailed on to the gate so looks like it might be longterm/permanent. Such a shame.

I will attempt to contact them via their website to suggest they update the website and if anything changes update this listing or take it down. Not going to fill out an update form in case it is just temporary but wanted to alert anyone interested in visiting to check first before committing to a visit.

Return to Maidstone Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Blackthorn Trust Cafe closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.