Black Star Pastry

C1/85-113 Dunning Ave, Rosebery, New South Wales, 2018

Serves meat, vegan options available. Cakes, pastries, bread, and small savory bites. Vegan labeled, with sample items such avocado on toast, mushroom and potato rolls, salad, vegan chocolate cake and cupcakes, hot chocolate (Mork).

Categories: Vegan-friendly, Lacto, Ovo, Fast food, Bakery, Non-veg

First Review by Nikki.A

Good - Edit

Very limited Vegan options. Only 1 or 2 option at any one time .. generally.

Great pastry/bakery place, working on expanding vegan options - Edit

Black Star Pastry serves consistently excellent food that is very well priced. It has a limited vegan menu, but what they do serve is excellent, and I've noticed the options expanding over the last year.

Things I've enjoyed here include the avocado toast (I know, many places serve avo toast, but this is on fabulous bread with other things, and is $8.50 for a huge 2 piece serve. And my partner - who is not vegan - will pass up on other options to eat this), the vegan hot chocolate (served in a lovely pot with little ceramic tea cup), the chocolate popcorn cake, the mushroom potato roll, the pumpkin slice, gingerbread men, and several salads.

The vegan options do change - the only things consistently there are the avo toast and the choc popcorn cake (if you're vegetarian, I'm fairly sure there's always the vegan curry pasty on the menu, as well as many desserts). But every time I've gone (at least once a fortnight) they've had an additional vegan savoury special, and at least one other vegan dessert! Vegan items are clearly labelled as such.

Given that most of my friends and family are ominvores, I find this is a good place to go as I know we'll all be able to get something we want to eat, that'll taste good, and it won't cost an arm and a leg!

Pros: Excellent food, Great prices, Lots of seating and good space

Cons: Limited (but expanding) vegan menu, Staff are sometimes a bit disorganised

Return to Rosebery Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Black Star Pastry closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.