Black Sheep Cafe

Bouche Str 15, Berlin, Germany, 10961

Cafe-deli on the border between Kreuzberg and Alt-Treptow. Offers coffee with different plant milk options. It's also the home of Berlin Kombucha Society, so alongside cakes, salads, and soups it also sells fermented food to takeaway such as sauerkraut and kimchi. Open Mon-Fri 8:00am-6:00pm, Sat 9:00am-6:00pm, Sun 9:00am-3:00pm.

Category: Vegan, Western, Take-out, Bakery, European

First Review by Alain

Best coffee - Edit

I had a dark roast latte with oat milk and it was just perfection.

Delicious sandwiches - Edit

All food we ate here was delicious! If you see they have the mushrooms​ soup, you have to order it: it's the best! The sandwiches was also very tasty!

update - Edit

Update: the kimchi is fantastic and the cinammon rolls are the best I've ever had!

Absolut empfehlenswert - Edit

Super leckeres Essen, die Inhaber sind immer für ein Gespräch zu haben & die Atmosphäre ist fast schon familiär. Komme immer wieder sehr gerne zurück ☘️???

Pros: Nähe Treptower Park , Tierfreundlich , Ruhige Gegend

Nice hidden spot - Edit

Nice café run by friendly ladies
Has some cake, pastries and croissants, usually one changing breakfast choice and bagels/ wraps. Also do daily juice and smoothie

Pros: Very tasty bagels, Very friendly service

Cons: Could maybe keep an eye on cleanliness

Very nice and cosy vegan cafe - Edit

Had lunch there. A very nice spot to work alone or to have coffee with a friend, once you're there you don't want to leave! Bagel was delicious, fresh juice as well. Good coffee and good cake. Not too expensive but portions are quite small to my opinion (or to my hunger that day!). Definitely a good spot, will go back!

Updated from previous review on 2016-04-10

Pros: Very friendly staff, Very nice atmosphere, Good food

Cons: Juices a bit pricey/small, portions a bit small

ace ? - Edit

The Australian bagel I just had for breakfast was amazing. Cool little cafe hidden away, great staff, great food.

Great cafe for coffee and breakfast! - Edit

This place is a gem. Super-cute and inviting, friendly baristas, excellent coffee, delicious bagel sandwiches and super-kombucha. And it opens early (at 8a - a rarity in these parts). I had an almond milk flat white along with der Austrailier breakfast sandwich - both were completely perfect. I'll be back.

Pros: great food, good value, nice vibe

Excellent for breakfast - Edit

Black Sheep is such a lovely minimalist vegan cafe. I had a avocado bagel and a fresh carrot and ginger juice. My partner had the bagel with tempeh. I found the oil on the food to be very overwhelming, as I do not really use oils. My partner loved the bagel.

The staff were really nice. We got a black coffee just after they had changed the settings on the machine, and they asked for feedback on it. We said it was alright but not great. They gave us a cold brew coffee on the house, which was delicious. We´re definitely going back next time we visit Berlin.

Updated from previous review on 2016-08-31

Pros: Friendly and helpful staff, Good portion sizes, Nice cafe

Cons: Too much oil on the food

Beautiful place for hip breakfast - Edit

Amazing place with lovely atmosphere, cosy minimalist design and fab customer service! Baristas speak English, you can pay by card, food is great (interesting new tastes!), teeny tiny on a pricy side, though.

Definitely recommend and hope to come back! x

a keeper - Edit

this café is beautifully decorated, has the loveliest staff and very very good food. a bagel and a kombucha is the way to go!

My fav vegan spot in Berlin! - Edit

I have been going to Blacksheep since they opened a few months ago. My boyfriend and I visit very often, sometimes we bring our chess board along some other times we just hang out (Peaches the dog loves the sunny spot by the window!). Their coffee never disappoints - I get the dark roast+oat mylk - and their sweet treats always hit the spot (hello mars bar...!).My fav lunch food is the smoky tempeh bagel. The girls are absolutely lovely and the vibe is super chilled and friendly. Could not recommend this place enough! :)

Pros: great coffee , super friendly and laid back atmosphere, always something new on the menu

awesome food, coffee and kombucha! - Edit

This place is run by such friendly people and the food, coffee and self made Kombucha they serve is top class!

Delicious food, great service! - Edit

A welcome addition to the area:) great coffee, AWESOME snacks!

We will absolutely be back - thanks so much ladies.

Pros: Lots of milk alternatives , Freshly baked goodies, Homemade kombucha and kraut

5 - Edit

i love berlin, you've got everything i need. we've been at black sheep once but the stuff made us feel like we're a patrons or their friends - very pleasant feel! we had breakfast here, i ate tempeh bagel which was so tasty and i was really full after eating it! my bf has one which tofu i guess and also said that it was best bagel he ever had. also coffee from the barn (unfortunately no alternatives which is my fav) which was good. place looks like typical modern coffee place but is in empty of vegan restaurants area - we had to take some of berlins bahn to get there. but i don't thing it's a minus of this place of course.

Pros: the stuff is amazing, the food so tasty, nice emty area

perfection in every way - Edit

Eating the best tempeh I've ever tried whilst writing this review. Lovely place,nice location and friendly staff +relaxing background music. I'm gonna go back as often as I can!

Best vegan sandwich I've ever tasted! - Edit

A tasty new cafe in Treptow with super friendly staff. Black Sheep offers homemade and healthy soups, bagels, cakes and more. Super cool owners who kindly made me the best vegan sandwich I've ever tasted after the bagels were sold out. Filling included smoked tempeh, avocado, salad and mayo. YUM! Excited to see how things develop. Oh and the homemade KambuCha is super refreshing.

Finally a high quality cafe in Alt-Treptow - Edit

There's nice places in Xberg, Fhain, Neukölln, Pberg and actually most areas but in Treptow there is a distinct lack of vegan places despite the fitting demographic. The only competition being a few bars and luke warm cafes on karl kunger, and obviously LPG but which is basically just a supermarket. I was therefore very pleasantly surprised to find a newly opened vegan cafe in my hood and now having been there, I can confirm it's definitely legit. Everything I had was off the scale tasty and I left feeling pleasantly full despite it costing substantially less than a tenner.

After only having being open for a week or so, the girls who worked there said they still have plans to add more decorations and sections, however I felt the place was already very schick and I love the low hanging old school style big light bulbs and skimmed concrete wall. Very well done.

Taste of food: 5/5
Uniqueness of food: 5/5
Taste of drinks: 5/5
Ambience and aesthetics: 5/5
Selection of food: 3/5 (they said will expand soon as they have just opened)
Selection of drinks: 4/5
Staff friendliness: 5/5

Extremely highly recommended, basically just go there if you live nearby. Finally a high quality place in Treptow outside of the LPG supermarket.

Pros: Great breakfast and lunch food and drink, Interesting selection, very fair prices, Nice ambience inside

Cons: just opened, selection needs to grow

Return to Berlin Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Black Sheep Cafe closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.