Western
Fast food
Take-out
Bakery
European

Vegan deli and coffee shop that bakes in-house. Offers cakes, scones, chocolate, cupcakes, bagels, various pastries plus sandwiches, toasties, and salads. Sells vegan cheeses and mock meats by weight, others prepackaged. Est. 2019. Open Wed-Sun 11:00-16:00. Closed Mon-Tue.

First Review by EmmaFaeEdinburgh

happy_banana

Points +1165

25 Feb 2024

Maple pecan bun stood out

This is a very small little shop with a mix of sweet and savory pastries on display. We got a haggis turnover, a sourdough pain au chocolate, and a maple pecan bun. The maple pecan bun was definitely the best, it was very doughy and just the right amount of sweetness. However the pain au chocolate was dry - we got it because the sourdough croissant sounded very unique but it ended up not being that great, although the chocolate filling was very generous. Maybe we should have asked to have it warmed up? The haggis turnover was very nice though and came with a little side salad.

bingabong

Points +352

11 Feb 2024

GET THE BLT!!!

tiny cafe and always super busy, so there’s a bit of a wait time and a little expensive, but they do have plenty of more luxury items like vegan cheeses and smoked salmon. The BLT is absolutely amazing. i don’t even understand how they can make something as simple as a BLT soooo delicious!!! definitely a must try if u want to treat yourself a little.

Helvete

Points +114

09 Feb 2024

Amazing lunch

Had a grilled sandwich and some kind of pastry, and they were both really good. Probably the best i had on my trip to Edinburgh

craigmc

Points +31919

07 Feb 2024

Great lunch

Great place and great people, now have seating.

Updated from previous review on 2021-09-03

Pros: Staff , 100%, Value

Michellepaire

Points +398

28 Jan 2024

Delicious!

Amazing pastries! We tried the sourdough almond crossaint and the maple&peacan bun. Superrrr yummie!

TheTartanVegan

Points +38

28 Jan 2024

God-tier Scran

Ordered the haggis and egg sandwich, my partner got the bacon and egg. Portions were massive. Sandwiches bursting with flavour and food. Very impressed with the egg. If you’re vegan, and hungover, this place is your cure.

FLBEE

Points +58

31 Dec 2023

Best vegan bakery

Obsessed with the cinnamon rolls, I have tried one of the sandwiches as well which was also delicious. Highly recommend!

AlexTyler

Points +20

Herbivore
21 Dec 2023

Delicious food, slightly limited GF options

All the food we had was nothing short of sensational. I had a chocolate tart slice - incredibly delicious and surprisingly light despite being a heavy style tart filling.

Only not 5* as only had one GF cake option and no GF sandwich options, but I tried a bit of everything my girlfriend had and it was stunning! The Christmas sandwich was probably the best sandwich I've ever tasted.

Pros: Fast service, Varied choice

Cons: Limited Gluten-free options

Steph25

Points +66

21 Dec 2023

Fantastic pastries and sandwiches

Went for a blackberry and custard cruffin, best vegan pastry I’ve had so went back the next day for a hot Christmas sandwich to take away, also delicious

Pros: Friendly atmosphere , Great food , Quick

rachrobinson

lils.rock

Points +637

13 Nov 2023

The best brekfast sandwich

I’m obsessed with their breakfast sandwich - the scrambled tofu is just perfection. Loveee their cruffins too 😍

ZippyZGirl

Points +64

03 Nov 2023

Amazing food!

We loved our visit to the Black Rabbit. We'd just arrived in Edinburgh and it was first on our list. There's a take away menu or sit in, they can take about 10 people sitting in, its definitely cosy. You can see that everything is made from scratch and the portion sizes were huge, we left full and happy.

Pros: Flavours, Portion size

LesleyDargie-walker

Points +164

01 Nov 2023

Great place!

I've been wanting to eat here for ages! It didn't disappoint! We went for the full breakfast, eggs benedict with salmon and a pumpkin spiced cruffin. Would definitely go back the food was delicious

Valeriazwow

Points +1022

24 Oct 2023

Seriously incredible

We got the Nae Egg & Lorne sausage sandwich and the green rabbit. So affordable, filling and fresh!

AshSned

Points +406

22 Oct 2023

Amazing!

Been here before for pastries but came today for take away breakfast. I had sausage and nae egg sandwich and my wife had haggis and cheese toastie. Portions massive and everything so tasty. Coffees were lovely too

LilyEyre

Points +37

08 Oct 2023

Tastiest Bagels ever

Visited recently on trip to Edinburgh and after reading several other reviews knew that we needed to check this place out.

My partner and I tried the smoked salmon and cream cheese and the Black Rabbit Bagels, total taste sensation😄Can’t decide which one I liked best as they were both fantastic, I only wish they had branches in more cities as this is not only an absolute little gem of a deli for grabbing bagels and sandwiches (oh and some very naughty but nice cakes and sweet treats) but you can pick up some fantastic vegan cheeses and other supplies.

The great reviews this place has are all highly deserved, just wish I’d had the chance to sample some of the other goodies that they sell😄(did I mention the cakes😉)

Pros: Excellent food, Good prices

Cons: Bit off the beaten track if you’re just visiting

givitbigone

Points +103

Vegetarian
01 Oct 2023

Lovely selection! Wholesome vibes.

I ordered the haggis and cheese turnover and pumpkin spice cruffin and oat milk chai latte. Chai latte one of the most flavoursome I’ve had in ages! Turnover was a lovely snack I saved for the train as was the cruffin. I think the turnover would’ve been even more delicious eaten hot so I’ll make sure to stop off again and eat immediately!

veganhat

Points +1022

01 Oct 2023

Unmissable location

This is the best vegan pastries in the city. The owners are friendly too.

Aitchjhughes

Points +138

25 Sep 2023

YUMMY

Amazing deli with loads of sandwiches & cakes!

Updated from previous review on 2023-09-25

Pros: Delicious food, 100% vegan

elke123

Points +110

23 Sep 2023

Delicious :-)

Small, but very fine shop.

Updated from previous review on 2023-09-23

leestone8

Points +436

17 Sep 2023

Amazing cakes

Tried the cheesecake and it was amazing. Really good choice and wish I could have tried everything! Well worth a visit.

khugs

Points +88

17 Sep 2023

Pumpkin spice cheesecake

Really friendly staff and amazing food on offer. I tried the pumpkin spiced cheesecake and it was to die for!

niamhisnotonfire

Points +18

14 Sep 2023

Phenomenal

Unique flavours that you won’t find anywhere else. The portions are generous so it is great value for money. The white hot chocolate is delicious, I don’t think a non-vegan would taste the difference ! A must stop while in Edinburgh ! Can’t wait to come back.

CocoBunny

Points +66

05 Sep 2023

Vegan deli heaven

Best vegan cheese selection in Edinburgh (and probably all of Scotland). Delicious coffee and cake. Perfect to grab some sandwiches and head to the meadows on a nice day.

Updated from previous review on 2022-04-01

SaffronSummer

Points +533

28 Aug 2023

best cinnamon roll ever

deliciousss! I need to try more but I was too full!

ChloëTaylor-Peckham

Points +57

Vegetarian
24 Aug 2023

Must go

Absolutely amazing! Had the smoked salmon bagel (all sandwiches made to order) and it was so good I almost cried. Also has a biscoff cruffin which was to die for. You have to eat here

Pros: Choice, Price

Simsimsims

Points +2283

13 Aug 2023

Yum yum yum

Everything is delicious and affordable! Too bad it's only take away but it's still great!