Black Mamba Burgers and Records

Contact 223266620

Rua Mártires da Liberdade,130, Porto, Portugal,

A record store selling records and music paraphernalia. Serves vegan food: burgers, cakes, snacks, and desserts. Since Nov 2014. Open Tue-Thu 12:00pm-10:00pm, Fri 12:00pm-12:00am, Sat 1:00pm-12:00am.

Category: Vegan, American, Western, Fast food, Bakery

First Review by icaldas

Genial - Edit

They have two types of menus. The only difference between them is that one of them includes a beverage and the other doesn't. Both of them contain one of their burgers and fried potatoes.

Please, please try their desserts! They're also vegan and 100℅ homemade!

Pros: Lots of different burguers, The background music, Affordable

Good Burgers - Edit

I had the Punk burger (soy with cheese) and it was really good. The bread is huge and very tasty.

For dessert I had Bolo de bolacha which is my favorite portuguese dessert and that I haven't had in years! It was very very good, very similar to the "real" cake.

I would come back anytime!

Pros: Dessert, Price

Cons: I don't live in Porto

No está mal - Edit

Atención que no aceptan tarjeta, solo efectivo. He probado ya varios restaurantes (no en Oporto) de hamburguesas veganas, y la verdad es que este sitio no me impresionó. O sea, no está mal, se come bien y las patatas son riquísimas, pero la hamburguesa no tenía mucho sabor y el pan estaba un poco seco.

Good Dinner - Edit

I had a meal at Black Mamba, I found a empty table but not many were so lucky. I had to wait numerous minutes before being served, as probably everyone ordered at the same time. There were about 4 different burgers, I took the Spinach one, but the waiting was frustrating long. There was only one waiter running back and forward. The burger was ok, more width than height, bread was awesome, burger certainly homemade, also the chips were good, with the good side sauce. I took a second serving of chips as treat: 10€
Unfortunately all the entrees or small appetizers were gone. In addition everyone was drinking a mango juice, I regret not ordering it.

Pros: Good Atmosphere, Quality, Menus

Cons: Waiting time, Not accepting CC

I like burgers - Edit

I really liked this place, probably because I really like the occasional burger with fries. The burgers are very good but not fantastic. The burgers on they menu come with limited insides, and the burger patties look like they are not made in-house, they look like they come from a packet. The next time I visit I would add some extras to my burgers, like mushrooms or vegan cheese. I definitely liked the style of the place and their hand made blackboard menu.

Pros: vegan cheese, nice place

Cons: processed patties

Nice burgers - Edit

Vegan hangout with heavy music playing of a metal type.
Not interested in the music.
The burgers are good but the spinach burger is more mushy than it ought to be.
The fries are extra special. No salt no pepper on tables. No hot sauces. They mix together vegan mayonnaise plus tomato sauce...a pink blob looks like toothpaste on the plate.
New more c hillis more spice but overall it is great. Slow service we were ignored for fifteen minutes before order taken. Then 3p mins more before being served.

Pros: Vegan, Tasty.

Cons: Slow service., Mushy spinach.

Good vegan burger, good price - Edit

There 6 burgers on the menue. We had the Burger Core with cheakpeas and the Burger Crusty with tofu and spinache. They were good but could be more spicy. There are also several vegan cakes and coffee

good atmosphere - Edit

Cute 100% vegan cafe/record store serving mainly fast food. Choice of 6 burgers, salads and wedges. Also has a selection of vegan cakes. Meal combo is burger, chips and a drink for €7:50.

Pros: good vibe, 100% vegan

Cons: slow service

Veggie Burger Variety! - Edit

Great spot for some veggie burger options! I had the potato leek burger combo that came with fries and a beer. It reminded me a latke. Sooo good and nice to have other flavors in a veggie burger.
My boyfriend had the shitake seitan burger which was super good as well.
Desert was amazing as well. The Cheesecake and biscuit cake were light in texture but super flavorful.
Yummmm!

Pros: Veggie burger options!, Good value, Metal music

Cons: No salad that day

Delicious burgers, very portuguese flavours! - Edit

As alread captured by other reviews, this is a quite unique place and the burgers are simply delicious. The flavours are also very typical so you'll have the opportunity to enjoy Portuguese classics, reinvented and veganised. In a bun. With Fries. Genius!

Awesome Place to eat! - Edit

The combination of the record store and the restaurant is unique and I haven't seen anything like it before. If you wanna enjoy some vegan food with the ambiance of punk rock it is the place to go.

We ordered two burgers from the menu (which is not too big) and they were the best vegan burgers we have had on our journey trough Europe (no kidding!). They were normal sized, very very tasty, filling burgers with potato wedges.

The rice was more than right for two meals!

Original délicieux et pas cher ! - Edit

Le concept est original, ambiance métal garantie ! La nourriture est généreuse et excellente pour un prix vraiment bas : le menu burger avec frites et boisson à 7€ ! Nous étions calés et avons pris les desserts à emporter ! La serveuse est disponible et attentionnée, ce qui est très appréciable. Bref si vous voulez manger un burger végane n'hésitez pas cette adresse ! Je recommande fortement !

Nice burgers in a peculiar place - Edit

I liked Black Mamba's burgers.
The place is a dark, rockysh place. It actually is the only 100% Vegan place We found in Porto and the place definitely has a character. The waitress was very kind and helpful.
Burgers were good and cakes too.
Prices a bit high compared to average but still fair.

cheap and yummy - Edit

Lovely place not too far out of the centre, absolutely worth looking for if you fancy vegan fast food or a treat! They have a selection of different burgers, juice of the day, wedges and lots of vegan cakes.

Pros: vegan cakes, cheap

Cons: not the healthiest!

Interesting Place - Edit

Black Mamba describes itself as a vegan space rather than a cafe or a restaurant, because they also sell records and music-related stuff which is cool.

There's a good variety of vegan burgers here, although none of them are your standard 'bean' or 'vegetable'. There's options like leak and potato, and spinach and tofu. I loved the spinach and tofu one. My sister got the leak and potato and, although that one sounded more delicious, mine was actually tastier.

The burgers have a strange, mushy constantly similar to mash potato which I LOVED but I guess that's just a personal preference.

Overall, I'd definitely recommend coming here.

Pros: Tasty food, Nice staff, Cool atmosphere

Best burger ever - Edit

The place is really cool, nice combination between restaurant and record store. I had two different burgers and it's honestly hard to decide which one of them was the best I ever had. The desserts were also great.

Para repetir - Edit

De uma forma reduzida direi que foi simplesmente o melhor burguer que alguma vez já comi em toda a minha vida. Sem dúvida que lá voltarei e com muito gosto divulgarei o sítio. Ótimo ambiente, boa música e excelente comida.

Cool place with a nice vibe - Edit

This place is worth a visit both for a burger and interior design. It's pretty much a combination of a burger place, boutique and vinyl all leaning into punk vibe. Burgers are awesome and staff very cool all swagged out (in a good way of course). Definitely a place to go back when I'm in Porto next time.

Pros: Burgers, Staff, Location

Cons: Nothing much

Melhor hamburgueria de sempre!! - Edit

Espaço fantástico e muito bem decorado, num estilo muito urbano e hardcore.
A musica enquadra-se perfeitamente no espaço, havendo sempre musica de fundo de géneros mais pesados, como metal, rock...
Os burgueres sao fantásticos e enormes!! As batatas fritas são incríveis, então acompanhadas com a mistura de ketchup e maionese a acompanhar... As sobremesas também são bastante boas, da ultima vez provei o cheesecake, e não conseguia acreditar que era vegan!!
Já lá fui com amigas que consomem carne e elas adoraram!!!

Pros: fast food vegan de outro mundo!!, ambiente espetacular, preço acessível

Cons: nenhum!!!!

Great! - Edit

Amazing place with good underground music, records ands fanzine to see and buy. Good different options on burugers and desserts, if the burguer bread were better, it would be almost perfect!

Pros: Amazing music and crew, BIG quantities of food for small price

Cons: Burguer bread could be better

Yummy vegan burgers - Edit

Super yummy burgers, grilled not fried so that's a healthy option. I've tried the seitan burger with shitake mushrooms, salad and no bread. My non vegan friends ate the leek and lentil burguers and we all loved! The staff is super nice and thoughtful. Once in Porto go try them!

Pros: Only vegan options The burgers are grilled and if

Cons: The potatoes are fried.

Fantastic!!! - Edit

If you are visiting Porto you have to eat a Black Mamba burger.
Their burgers are awesome and the desserts are fantastic as well.
The staff if very nice and the music is very nice.
It's a cool place to eat and enjoy the fantastic vegan burgers.

Vegan Burgers in a Record Store - Edit

The concept! It's really everything here!
All sorts of cool records from alternative to punk/hardcore.
But the food... the food is really nice! Well served, as tradition in the Porto city rules, the burgers are ginormous!
Fries are wedgies and great, and the cakes they have really topped the whole experience!
Oh, and try the Bechamel Rissois entrance. ;)

Pros: Well served, Inexpensive, Cakes! Because... cakes!

First Review - Edit

This is the first vegan restaurant I've ever been to. I recently decided to go vegan (I was a vegetarian) and searched for places to eat in Porto (I just moved here). Found this one and read some good reviews on it.
Really good burgers and fries, the pumpkin crumble was amazing and the place has a really nice vibe to it. Definitely worth it!
Updated from previous review on Thursday December 10, 2015

Pros: Great food, Friendly staff, Reasonable prices

Cons: The music was a little too heavy

what a place! - Edit

amazing to have so much vegan (and delicious!) choices : burgers, salads, cakes,...!! the service was fantastic, very nice and friendly staff. Only small weak point : the bread was not up to my standards (sorry, I'm french..!!)

A suburban chic must go-to place - Edit

Very retro, yet actual and cozy place. The burgers are awesome, and the staff is very nice.

Food is both delicious and amazing looking. Took some meat lovers there and they loved it.

Only con being that might be a little pricey for an average portuguese person with prices around 7€ a meal.

Vegan restaurant with an atmosphere... - Edit

First i must say that the place is really clean! (even the toilet had organic soap)

The dish were delicious really! I came here two days and each time it was a real pleasure.

Everything is cheap, like 7€90 for a menu and more less for just sides.

I recommand it if you came to Porto!

Pros: Very tasy, Cheap (for a French person), Very smily waitress ! :)

Cons: More choice would be nice :)

The best Vegan Burgers in Porto - Edit

They are making the best Vegan Burgers in Porto. Everything tastes good there even the Beer, which is Portuguese Craft Beer. The place is very well positioned in the city center. It´s mandatory for a vegan to go there!

Pros: Food, Friendly Staff, Good Portuguese Craft Beer

These Burgers Set the Record Straight - Edit

Fantastic! Good range of very tasty burgers, fries, juices, etc with the added novelty of eating them next to a range of vinyl, whilst listening to some thrashy, grungy rock. Sure if you bought a t-shirt it would be likely to smell of fried food. But good fried food at least!

For something a bit different and great value; do what we did and come here twice.

Pros: Tasty burgers, Juices and other options, Something different

Tasty burgers - Edit

We went for vegan burgers and were not disappointed with taste. Actually burgers were quite good, and the price is moderate.

One thing I didn't like was ambience. It's a hard rock/metal place, and the music was rather disturbing for my taste. This is the only reason I wouldn't go there again.

Pros: taste

Cons: hard rock/metal music, not very friendly staff

Great burgers - Edit

This is a fantastic vegan burger cafe and record store. There are six different burgers on offer including soya with cheese, seitan and mushroom, tofu and spinach, and leek and potato with cheese. The prices are very reasonable for such good quality food. A meal deal includes a burger, fries, and a drink for 7.5 euros. Several delicious desserts are offered, including chocolate croissants and a veganised version of 'bolo de bolacha Maria' - Marie’s biscuit cake. I definitely recommend this place.

Pros: excellent food, great value, delicious desserts

unique experience - Edit

i took my friends here and they quite liked it! i loved it, and the burger was so good. the staff spoke english and helped us(we were with 7) really well. the pies were so good, selicious and i'll go back next time i visit porto!

Pros: everything is vegan

Cons: you get a full meal+pie for about 10euro's! not mu

Amazing fast food! - Edit

The food is delicious!
It's a completely vegan restaurant, which is great cause you don't have to ask what are the ingredients and to change things.
I ate there several times. It's a perfect place to invite friends who are not vegetarians or vegans cause they will not notice the difference. I have some friends completely addicted to this restaurant.
It's a place with a different concept, although I just go there because of the food.
The price is very reasonable.

One of my favourite spots! - Edit

Already tried four different burgers and loved them all!
They also have Club-Mate / Club-Mate Cola, which is great!
Definitely recommend it :)

Pros: Fantastic Burgers, Club-Mate Cola, Wi-Fi

An absolute must if your visiting Portugal - Edit

This was seriously one of the best vegan places I've ever been to. I guess my love for burgers also affects my opinion.

But really, such good burgers! lots of options, great vegan cheese and fries, and really affordable menus. The place is also great, the punk shop adds to the atmosphere.

Great vegan place with great vegan burgers - Edit

Black Mamba serves the best vegan burgers I have ever had. They are truly awesome and I could eat one on every meal :)

They also serve cakes (always vegan), which are simply delicious.

You have to try the 666 burger that slightly tastes like a traditional Portuguese dish. If you are a tourist in Porto, it's like a 2 in 1.

Very nice and friendly staff too, always with a smile on their faces.
Updated from previous review on Friday July 17, 2015

Pros: Completely Vegan, Delicious vegan cakes, Good environment and music

Black Mamba Burger - Edit

I had the burger punk with fries and a drink for 7.50€ or you can chose separate items. It was very filling.

This is a punk rock atmosphere that sells records inside, but at the moment there wasn't very much to chose from but still very cool.

Definitely coming back again.

Pros: vegan , reasonable

Vegan burgers, vinyls and craft beer! - Edit

The burger and dessert I had there were both great! Also had my first Portugese stout there, while crate digging stoner rock vinyls. Amazing concept, which I had it in my home town!

Pros: Food was excellent, Very kind staff

Best place for vegans in Porto - Edit

Purely vegan place to eat burgers while listening to punk music and finish with amazing vegan cheesecakes. After you can browse their vinyls and records. So far there is a choice from 6 burgers, from typical soy to untypical variations such as tofu-spinach or mushroom burgers. There is a possibility of gluten-free bread, and the burgers are served along with roasted potatoes. The taste of the food is incredibly good and the service is great as well. We need more vegan places like Black Mamba in the world. Thank you for a great experience.

Pros: Very cheap and high quality food, Nice service, Great environment and music

Perfect vegan cheesecake - Edit

I had really high hopes for this place and it didn't disappoint. The burger meal deal (burger, chips and beer/soft drink) was reasonably priced at €7.50 and was very filling. I had a 'doom burger' which was a mushroom and 'chicken' nugget burger. The mushroom burger patty was had a kind of mushy and wet texture which I didn't love (I also tried some of the spinach burger which had the same wet consistency)

The chicken nuggets (which were inside the burger) were kind of chewy and tasty and overall the burger was good. The chips were super tasty.

The best part of the meal though was the cheese cake dessert which was creamy and light. I was also informed that it was gluten free.

They do play quite loud punk rock music in there which I think is likely to be off putting to some people, it's not really my cup of tea and I don't think my 61 year old mum was too impressed either... I get it that my mum and I maybe aren't their target market, I just hope their target market is big enough to sustain it as a business

Overall it's a really nice place though and I would definitely go back (I want more of that cheese cake already..)

Pros: reasonably priced, cheese cake

Cons: music not everyone's cup of tea, no access to extra condiments in cafe

Amazing vegan burgers in Porto! - Edit

If you're looking for vegan burgers that are out of this world good then stop by Black Mamba Burgers and Records! We shared three completely different and delicious burgers: Burger-Crusty (tofu & spinach), Burger-Stoner (seitan w/ mushrooms) & Burger-666 (leek & potato.) Black Mamba even offers several VEGAN dessert options including cupcakes & cheesecake! An added perk is that their prices are extremely reasonable! I highly recommend hitting up this burger joint if you want rock your socks off!

Maravilhoso! - Edit

This place is a great find! Groovy atmosphere, cool art on the walls, delicious food. They were out of stock of the gluten free bread but the "Burger-Crusty" (spinach and tofu) was full of flavor and for a great price! Definitely recommended!

Vegan burguers - Edit

We need more 100% vegan places like this in Porto!
The burguers and fries are really really good :)

Ansious to try their vegan desserts!! (I just wish they were more affordable, but the burguers are expensive!)

This is not just a restaurant, they also sell records, but that just makes the place more awesome.

Pros: Great burguers, Great concept

Cons: Location, Little hard to eat without a mess

Awesome place - Edit

The burgers here are delicious and really reasonably priced at 4 euros. The tofu and spinach burger was seriously tasty. I highly recommend this place which is also conveniently located near the Main Street of night life.

Pros: Delicious Food, Reasonably priced

Great burgers and amazing cakes - Edit

The food is really excellent - there are 5 kind of burgers, all excellent, that can be served in gluten-free bread! All deserts are vegan and gluten-free also, and the chocolate cake is to dye for :)Great natural juices as well!

Pros: Great food and great portions, Divine chocolate cake, Friendly staff

Cons: Cold room, Smells a litlle bit like fries

Return to Porto Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Black Mamba Burgers and Records closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.