Black Flamingo

781-387-3337

168 Borinquen Pl, Brooklyn, New York, USA, 11211

Vegetarian restaurant est. 2016 featuring a menu of Latin-inspired small plates and tacos. Serves food until 11pm. Opens late for cocktail and dancing. Open Tue 12:00pm-12:00am, Wed 12:00pm-1:00am, Thu-Sat 12:00pm-4:00am.

Categories: Vegan-friendly, Beer/Wine, Take-out, Mexican, Spanish, Latin American

First Review by svm9357

Not Vegan but can be made that way - Edit

Friendly and accommodating staff. Smoothie, dessert and sandwich wrap were very good.

Delicious Food, Meh Service - Edit

I was a little unsure if I was at the right place because I got to the restaurant right at opening time. The bartender was awesome and said I was welcome to sit at the bar. He was very attentive and curious about how I learned about the restaurant (I told him Happy Cow). As another reviewer mentions, they do have a great happy hour menu. $4 tacos that you can order by the 1 (their typical menu, you have to order 2 of the same kind per order).

Any of their items except dessert can be ordered vegan. Be aware of this because much of their menu has dairy in it. Their vegan substitutes are tasty! Here is what we ordered:

Guacamole and chips: Yum!
Esquites: two thumbs up. Large portion and delicious
The Al Pastor Taco: jackfruit taco--delicious and a little messy
The Jerk Taco: a fan favorite. The crispy collard greens are a nice touch.
The Jam Taco: this was my favorite. How can you go wrong with a crispy potato latke?

The tacos are small--if you have a big appetite, two will not be enough. Everything is full of flavor, so savor it.

The only negative thing I will say is that the waitress made us feel like we were imposing on her. We were the only customers in the restaurant and she showed very little interest in us. She was knowledgeable about the menu but didn't want to offer any additional information other than to answer our questions.

Pros: Delicous food, Creative options

The best HAPPY HOUR1 - Edit

I love coming to Black Flamingo for happy hour as they have a full taco menu and drinks on special! The food is all vegetarian but most is also vegan and it is absolutely wonderful! The portion sizes are wonderful and the atmosphere is fun and lively!
The Flamingo Bowl is a must have!

Pros: Delicious Food , Lively Atmosphere , Happy Hour Deals

Cons: No Reservations

Fave - Edit

I love this place so much! It's vegetarian, but pretty much everything on the menu can be made vegan. The interior is decked out with palms and flamingo art. Their tacos are all really creative flavors and super delicious. The Jam is my favorite! Their quesadilla veganized is also great. Happy Hour is every weekday, including Friday, from 6-8. $4 tacos and $4 glasses of champagne (or $20 bottle). It turns into a sort of club at night, mainly in the basement, but I wouldn't come here weekend nights if you're looking for a calm sit down meal. (Open until 4 am, and the basement is usually fun!)

Pros: Fun atmosphere, Great food, Good HH

Return to Brooklyn Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Black Flamingo closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.