Black Bear

• Veg-friendly
Contact 304-296-8696

132 Pleasant St, Morgantown, West Virginia, USA, 26505

Serves meat, vegan options available. Offers various burrito wraps, and you could choose your ingredients, including tofu that is cooked on a separate grill (please confirm).

Category: American, Beer/Wine, Mexican, Non-veg

First Review by Emily Kate

Some good options - Edit

My daughter and I have been eating vegan for a couple of weeks and heard this place has veg options. I had a salad with roasted red peppers, roasted corn, tomatoes and onion vinaigrette dressing. It was pretty good. My daughter had a black bean and rice burrito with a side of guacamole. We later found out the guacamole has sour cream! She also found some cheese in her burrito. I was told the onion vinaigrette is vegan but not sure. Next time I will make sure to stipulate no cheese. I heard they have a separate menu with vegan options I will use next time.

Pros: Vegan burritos and salad options

Cons: guacamole is not Vegan

DANK guac and chilli (downtown) - Edit

Black Bear is a Motown gem for sure, located across from a great Organic food market, the downtown Black Bear serves the best guac and vegetarian chilli around, I just hope you don't hate dairy, u may ask for chilli without it. Always go there if I want a meal

Pros: Dank local foods

Cons: dairy in guac

Awesome for Veg's, Non-Veg's and Beer Lovers! - Edit

My husband and I visited the Evansdale location on 3/28 for dinner. There was live music and no wait, which was great. Our cashier was knowledgable about beers and the menu. We had the guac and chips as an appetizer. It was good, but, non-traditional. If you are a vegan you should definitely inquire about the ingredients because I believe there was a diary component. I had the irie love burrito with tofu- totally delicious! My husband did a build your own burrito and he really liked it. The beer selection was awesome with many local varieties. Limited wine selection. Overall the menu was great with so many different options. We would definitely return!

Vegan and Allergy Friendly - Edit

Black Bear is an awesome restaurant that serves a variety of vegetarian, vegan, and allergy friendly meals.

Staff at Black Bear have always been friendly and I have never had a problem with cross-contamination when eating here. I have had the Rail Trail made completely vegan and because I also have severe seafood/shellfish/dairy allergies (anaphylaxis) the kitchen staff was always made aware of the allergies and made sure that cross-contamination did not occur. Ingredients were double, and triple checked for me and staff even made sure I was okay with my food after it arrived.

The chips, salsa and chili (sans sour cream and cheese) are vegan and allergy friendly too!

If you are not vegan or are vegetarian, it's also a great place to bring non-veg friends as there are a variety of meat options. It's kid friendly and good for large groups. There is a lot of seating and also a bar area on the side.

Tip: If you're vegan or can't eat eggs, the cole slaw has eggs in it.

Delish! Great service! - Edit

We love Black Bear! We go every time we are in Morgantown! Super fast service today even during their busy lunch time. Excellent Rail Trail and nachos. Service is friendly and they know what you mean when you say "vegan"!!! Lots of ways to veganize items!

Burrito Bonanza - Edit

This was my dinner choice for the first night stay in Morgantown. I was pleasantly met with a separate list that quickly identifies what (and how) to "veganize" various options on the menu.

I went with the Irie Member, a Caribbean-inspired burrito that includes pineapple chunks and jerk sauce (along with tofu as a vegan protein option). Certainly some Daiya cheese and vegan sour-cream would have really set it off, but it was admittedly tasty with the rice and beans. There were some other burrito varieties that I would try if I make it back through Morgantown.

It was a quiet Tuesday evening, but it looks like this place can be fun with a lively crowd or group as well. A good place for the whole mix of veg*ns and meat eaters.

Pros: friendly staff, nice vibe

BEST PLACE EVER - Edit

They have the greatest, freshest foods with the most options. It's all organic and you can get tofu with anything. Not to mention, they use non factory meat, so it's all local. The atmosphere is quite pleasant as well.

Pros: fresh, organic, vegan friendly

Black Bear FOREVER! - Edit

A wonderful place with plenty of vegan and vegetarian options! Create your own salad or burrito! A little exspencive but it was worth it! Fast and friendly service with wonderful live music on Wed. evenings!

Pros: Plenty of Options, Fast Service, Kid Friendly

Return to Morgantown Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Black Bear closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 1869 times since Aug 2007.