First Review by monisonfire

vegan cakes to die for! - Edit

my flatmate once picked up cakes from Black Apron and they were insanely delicious, which is why I met up with a friend at the cafe the other day.
It's a modern but cozy place (we were lucky enough to find space on the huge sofa) with a huge choice of hot and cold drinks and - most importantly - cake!! lots of them vegan, some glutenfree, some raw, all labelled.
cakes are all homemade and they usually change once they're gone (even though I'm sure they have bestsellers that they keep available).
upon others they offer: cupcakes, brownies, cinemons, cookies, mini banana cakes with creamcheese frosting and cheesecake.
I had difficulties choosing between a berry-cake and a raw chocolate-cashew-orange cake. I finally went with the second as the girl behind the counter pointed out it might work better with my hot chocolate. My friend had "homemade Golden Milk": fresh turmeric, ginger and spices in oatmilk. super special. and tasty.
Cake was 4 euro if I remember correctly. Not the cheapest, but regular price for vegan cakes as far as I know. drinks are average priced as well.
Defnitely coming again! such a gem in a city like Hildesheim, where vegetarian/vegan food is rare and, anyway, I'm a huge sucker for anything sweet :)

Pros: taste, variety & choice, price, service, staff & atmosphere

Return to Hildesheim Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Black Apron closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 172 times since Apr 2016.