Vegan-friendly
Take-out
European
Breakfast
Greek

Fair trade, organic cafe serving breakfast, brunch and lunch. Offers bio-organic wines, a vegan cheese platter, coffee, a variety of teas, savory snacks, and sweets. Vegan with the exception of cow's milk. Live music Saturday night 7pm-midnight. Open Tue-Sun 10:00am-3:00pm, Fri 6:00pm-8:00pm, Sat 7:00pm-11:00pm.

Venue map for Bizou Cafe
漏 OpenStreetMap contributors

First Review by LeotheLion

lilymarson

Points +105

15 Oct 2023

Cosy Cafe

A fully vegan menu, great for breakfast and lunch! Browse the antiques while you wait. The spicy pancakes pack a punch!!

Pros: Lovely owner, Cosy vibe, Good food

Patiky

Points +50

11 Oct 2023

All the food is VEGAN! ;)

Tiny cozy cafe with nice selection of meals and drinks. You can get a proper warm lunch here. All the food is vegan! Lovely staff and reasonable prices (for Corfu) and good portions.
Reason why this place is not labeled as Vegan is that they offer coffee with cows milk as well. (Of course they have plant based milks too).

Pros: Warm staff, Good portions, Tasty

CBRlisa

Points +37

26 Sep 2023

Amazing vegan food

Extensive fully vegan menu - the only one we found in Corfu. Visited a couple times - mushroom pancakes are amazing (and a very generous portion!).

Pros: Fully vegan, Extensive menu, Quiet location

Cons: Limited seating

Samsa

Points +89

19 Sep 2023

Incantevole angolino di Corf霉

Bizou cafe 茅 un posticino magico, ci ha accolte con gentilezza e con l'estetica particolare di tazzine retr貌 e arredamento di antiquariato. Il cibo sa di casa. Hanno molte proposte da colazioni brunch e pranzo. Io ho preso una torta di verdure e una spremuta di arancia e era tutto buono. Ci torneremo sicuramente.

Updated from previous review on 2023-09-19

Pros: Arredamento, stoviglie e estetica del posto, Accoglienza e servizio, Men霉 vegano

giraffeonastick

Points +33

15 Sep 2023

Stop reading, go find it!

Singlehandedly the best food I had in Corfu. The owner is so friendly and helpful, the food itself - immense.

They do offer dairy milk but everything else is 100% vegan. So much so, my vegetarian wife was fooled by the feta (totally vegan, I verified with the owner).

I had the Greek Dakos and she had savoury pancakes, and between us a flat white (v good) and cappuccino (vv good) with a choice of soy, oat, almond or cow milk.

Portions were big enough to fill without looking massive. I didn't get photos but wish I had.

Simply put - go have a browse of the antiques but do not miss the food. If I'm in Corfu again I will return.

Pros: 100% vegan, So much flavour and thoight, Options, options, options!

Cons: I expect it can get very busy, No separate smoking area (Greek rules)

inescosme

Points +52

11 Sep 2023

Amazing food and atmosphere

This cafe is also an antique shop, what creates a cozy atmosphere! The homemade food was delicious, we had the vegetarian moussaka and the mushroom pie. The service is fast and people are amazing. Don't miss this cafe while you are in Corfu old town!

Pros: Delicious food, Great service, Cozy atmosphere

Pauli11

Points +25

09 Sep 2023

Incredible

Must try in corfu! Menu is completely vegan and has so many options. I had the avocado pancakes and it was heavenly. I will come back 馃馃徏

Pros: Many options , Homey atmosphere , Delicious

slarfje

Points +54

02 Sep 2023

Wonderful little spot with delicious food!

The menu is really nice and versatile. Everything we ordered was delicious. The vegan cheese platter is a hit! Also, great sweets and marvelous tofu dishes. I highly recommend going here to indulge!

路X路

Points +15739

23 Aug 2023

Bizou Cafe

The staff were nice but we were really disappointed with the food. We didn鈥檛 like 2.5 of 4 things we got. The summer soup had a very off-putting flavor and we were unable to eat it. The giant beans also had some of that off-putting flavor but we were able to eat the beans around it. The beets with hummus were good but it was a very basic dish. The spicy cheese spread was good but could have used better bread to eat it with. Overall, it was just an underwhelming experience. Surely we ordered the wrong things given the glowing reviews on HC.

Ekiammm

Points +72

20 Aug 2023

Hmmm

The owners are very nice and the food is so delicious that we went back 4 times during our 2 day stay. Homemade with love.
The location is very cute- the cafe lies in a lovely alley.

Pros: Food, Service, Location

Herrk72

Points +167

20 Aug 2023

Very nice and everything vegan - but if somebody ask for something they would get it for you even if it dairy milk:-)

The only cafe we鈥檙e the whole menu is vegan - best vegan dishes on Corfu so far馃槃

Pros: Taste of the meals, Individuelle and very considerate people , Cute and a cafe with values

Yona

Points +303

20 Jul 2023

So hard to choose as everything looked so good

I loved that this place was so effortlessly vegan. The owner assured me a couple of times that the only reason the place is listed as vegetarian is because they still offer dairy milk. Anyway, I had a divine affogato and a yummy sandwich with delicious side salad. Tucked away in a quiet little street in the middle of old town, it's easy to miss. It's definitely worth a visit though, the best food I ate in Corfu.

Pros: Great coffee, Excellent choices of sandwiches and such

kyleekallen

Points +100

07 Jul 2023

Cutest vegan cafe

This place was so cute and had the best food! So many options the menu is fully vegan. They have breakfast and lunch! I got the lentil tofu scramble and Bizou caf茅 with vegan whip cream and chocolate ice cream! They also had pancakes on the menu that looked delicious! Would highly recommend this cafe the staff were also so nice and they have an antique shop inside as well!

Updated from previous review on 2023-07-07

nicolalovesapples

Points +50

05 Jul 2023

Immaculate vibes >> small portions

The staff were lovely and the setting was so quaint and delightful. Spoilt for choice with a very long menu! We ordered the royal tofu scramble and the special tofu scramble which were both truly delicious, however the portions were a bit small. The only add-on available was a side salad. I wish they had add-ons like vegan feta or avocado because I felt like the dish was missing a cold creamy element. Then we shared some Japanese matcha pancakes. They were really nice however when you had a mouthful of the raw matcha powder it was a bit unpleasant. The biggest downfall were the smoothies. My friends had a green smoothie and a Greek smoothie which were both really disappointing. I would love to come back and try the other dishes on the menu despite its downfalls. It was a true vegan gem in Corfu馃槃

Pros: Tofu scramble , Atmosphere , Matcha pancakes

Cons: Bad smoothies , Small portions

ChrisH眉

Points +178

04 Jul 2023

Ein Traum in Korfu Town 馃寘

Das s眉脽e kleine vegane Caf茅 hat alles was man braucht. Die Inhaberinnen sind immer freundlich (eine von beiden deutsch Sprachig), aufgeschlossen und machen gro脽artiges frisches Essen!

Das Caf茅 ist s眉脽 eingerichtet und bietet fast alles was darin steht auch zum Verkauf an, eine ganz besondere Idee, die ich so noch nicht gesehen habe.

Probiert unbedingt die Platte f眉r zwei, ihr werdet sie lieben! 馃尡

Einer der Pl盲tze, f眉r die man gerne bald wieder auf diese sch枚ne Insel kommt 馃挌

Pros: Komplett Vegan, leckeres Essen!, Gro脽artiges Personal 鉂わ笍, Sch枚ne, besondere Einrichtung

Cons: Keine, das Klo hat allerdings keinen Schl眉ssel 馃き鉁

stephenco

Points +324

29 Jun 2023

We probably expected a little better

We were excited to try Bizou Cafe and perhaps we chose poorly but the vegan cheese platter for 2 fell short of our expectations, especially at 33 euro which included an optional 3 euro side salad.

There was far too much bland tasteless cheese and the accompanying fruit wasn't the freshest.

It was also disappointing that the local Retsina wine wasn't on the menu but maybe that's because there isn't a vegan option. The cheapest local wine started at 20 euro for a 75cl bottle which we enjoyed.

The owner listened to our feedback and took note.

The tiramisu was really good albeit with a little bit too much cacao.

We have another few days in Corfu so will try it again and hopefully have a better experience.

katharina-liselotte

Points +72

22 Jun 2023

Best vegan Caf茅 in Korfu!

If you are vegan you have to check this place out! Not only is it very cozy and beautiful (it鈥檚 a Caf茅 and an antique Store at the same time) also the owner of the Caf茅 is very kind and the food is amazing! Every thing is vegan!
Go there and eat the pistaccio pancakes! They were my favourite!

Pros: Everything vegan , Cozy & beautiful , Very Kind & friendly owner

TaylorSublett

Points +166

18 Jun 2023

Hidden Gem in Corfu

We didn't expect to find a lot vegan food in Corfu, but Bizou Cafe surprised us and had an extremely comprehensive vegan menu! We split the vegan cheese platter and it was delicious and the portions were huge! If you're worried about eating in Corfu, definitely go here!

Pros: Big Portions , Friendly Staff , Comprehensive Menu

11 Jun 2023

Tasty

100% vegan food. Everything was delicious. The staff was certain kind

Pros: 100% Vegan food

sdelin

Points +39

03 Jun 2023

Wonderful vegan cafe

This place is all vegan (listed as vegetarian because they do offer dairy milk to those who ask). They have a huge vegan menu and everything we had was great. Hummus was some of the best I鈥檝e had, great vegan cheeses, highly recommended the matcha pancakes!

Michelle1230

Points +308

31 May 2023

Excellent place

10/10 one of the best vegan menus I have ever seen!! So much choice. Great setting, very relaxing and food is incredible. Already planning next trip!

Updated from previous review on 2023-05-31

Pros: Food is soooo good, Lots of choice , Great setting

Ani8

Points +44

Herbivore
26 May 2023

Good food in an interesting setting

Squeezed into a an antique shop on a tiny side street. Is this all vegan restaurant. The menu is diverse. We had the vegetable pie and the bean and mushroom burrito with side salads. Both entr茅es were delicious.

Pros: All vegan even the cheese, Everything is made fresh, The owner is friendly and speaks English

Cons: Wouldn鈥檛 have found it without Google maps

EmmaVeggietraveler

Points +163

20 May 2023

Fabulous

A very cute cafe with a gorgeous courtyard. We arrived late and got food to go. The scrambled tofu with lentils and mushrooms was the best meal I have had in ages. The spring rolls were good too.

Oliviaaaa

Points +16

26 Nov 2022

Amazing food and atmosphere

I have rarely enjoyed a dining experience as much as I enjoyed this one. The women who run this cafe are so nice, it's amazing they run the whole place by themselves. The antique shop is small but so cozy and you get to dine within the shop. You feel a part of the antique shop, even the cups they serve the coffee in are a part of the experience. The food is really good too, an absolutely perfect brunch. The outside dining area is perfect for sunny days and the interior is the best imaginable spot for cloudy and cold days. I recommend Bizou highly to anyone visiting Corfu, vegan or not.

Pros: The food , The service, The atmosphere

gingerdope

Points +173

09 Oct 2022

Not to miss

Everything on the menu looked incredible

KathrynBrass

Points +98

05 Oct 2022

Delicious food and friendly service

We went to Bizou for breakfast and ordered the tofu scramble. Everything on the menu is vegan. The place is essentially a vegan cafe but with dairy milk for drinks. The tofu scramble was delicious with so much flavour and we ordered a vanilla and a banana milkshake to go which also tasted great. The staff member was lovely and it鈥檚 worth looking around the antiques too because they have some cool stuff. Someone previously mentioned the service taking a long time. When we arrived there were only two other people seated, so the food didn鈥檛 take long at all. More people arrived while we were eating and when we walked past again at lunch time it looked busy so it makes sense that service may be slow during busy times as there was only one staff member.

Pros: Tasty food , Friendly service

LouRC

Points +494

04 Sep 2022

Small rustic cafe

Oh I really wanted to love Bizou. I鈥檝e had it pinned for months! But I found it underwhelming. Now the reason for not being 5 star is simply for slow service and because I think we ordered the wrong things for our particular taste. I have no doubt the food is good, but I found the menus very confusing to read. From other reviews I hold out hope if I went again, I鈥檇 have a better experience.

It鈥檚 a very small cafe and antique shop (odd combination) and you may wait a while for your food, I started to worry we would miss our shuttle to the hotel. There seemed to be one lady working flat out, and she was lovely, but I think another staff member would help as it took 30 minutes for us to be served essentially two sandwiches. With you being sat outside, and with the inside being so cluttered it doesn鈥檛 feel like a cafe experience. Felt like I was climbing over things and people, definitely not accessible for those who need it.

I ordered the Greek Dakos. For me, too much olive as it was piled high and also had a lot of olive paste. The main issue was that the bread was rock hard, like I had to hit it with my knife to break it. So I only ate half. Again, I think if you love olives, this would be ideal for you, but unless you have the strongest teeth/jaw you鈥檇 need a sharp knife.

My husband ordered the avocado baguette, this was lovely. His bread was a little dry too, but next time is also get something on normal bread or a salad. I think we definitely ordered incorrectly for our tastes.

Updated from previous review on 2022-09-04

Pros: Lots of vegan options, Quiet area , Seats in the shade

Cons: Cluttered menu, Odd antique shop instead of inside seating