Bites and Wines - Onschuldig Genieten

Contact 03-2335145

Oude Beurs 60, Antwerpen, Belgium, 2000

Small vegan restaurant serving Belgium main meals, cake, tea, coffee, and wine. Gluten free options. Delivers Tue-Thur. Open Tue-Sat 6:00pm-9:00pm. Closed Sun-Mon.

Category: Vegan, Western, Beer/Wine, Delivery, Take-out, European

First Review by crispy

Realy great - Edit

If you're vegan or vegetarian you simply can't miss this place on your trip to Antwerp. A bit more on the pricey side but totally worth it in my opinion. Menu changes every day so you're in for a surprise. The atmosphere is very cosy. We didn't make reservations but came quite early so they found us a seat, staff is really friendly. Starters and desert are around 7 euros, main dish around 16.

Pros: All vegan, Seasonal products

Really great food! - Edit

I live in Antwerp and was looking for my first vegan restaurant in town. Made a reservation and the food was awesome. Great taste and really nice people. Price was okay. 6e for soup, 17e for main dish and 7e for dessert. Worth the price and would definitly come back!

Pros: Vegan products, Great taste , Products of the season

Cons: No cons!

Not bad - Edit

Advertised as closing at 9 and they mean it - made a reservation online for 9 thinking it must have been last orders, but they rang me to ask if I could come half hour earlier... Problem with the system they said (still isn't fixed). Anyway, arrived earlier than planned, no big deal. Food was OK and fairly healthy, a little more seitan on my plate wouldn't have gone a miss and didn't bother with dessert as we felt we were overstaying our welcome after the longish wait for food.

Pros: Fully vegan, Healthy, tasty food

Cons: Not particularly memorable

Wonderful ambiance, great food! - Edit

What a lovely cosy restaurant with lovely staff as well! The starters were fantastic... wonderful hummus and tzatziki. When we came back two days later the zucchini soup was also GREAT! We would love to come back here :-).

Pros: Very friendly staff, Good value, Great food

fantastic! - Edit

So delicious! I dined here with a non-vegetarian friend and we were both amazed. We had sparkling wine with a subtle touch of lavender and a raspberry at the bottom, spicy pumpkin soup and one each of the two dishes of the day: tender seitan (the best we had ever had) with roasted asparagus, marinated mushrooms and an amazing tomato-parsley-garlic sauce, and baked zucchini with a kind of ricotta inside plus crispy baked potato pieces, herbed turnip and an herb yogurt sauce. Then chocolate walnut buckwheat cake and lavender cheesecake. Simply divine! The ambiance was very warm and cozy, and the staff was friendly and helpful (and spoke great English).

Pros: delicious, cozy ambiance, friendly staff

wonderful vegan food - Edit

We ate here for dinner on the last day of a three day stay in Antwerp. Although their food options are limited to a small handful of items written on a signboard, it was easily the best food we had in Antwerp. So delicious and so good! Be sure to try their deserts as well which were heavenly.

The owner, who was also our server, deserves a mention as well as she spoke perfect English and was charming to talk to.

The restaurant is located only a short walk away from the city center (Grote Markt). Our only regret was that we couldn't have eaten here more often. They have slightly limited hours so be sure to check before heading over here.

Pros: delicious food, friendly staff, perfect english spoken

best vegan food in Antwerp - Edit

Had a great lunch here, in my hometown. The taste of the food was really good (and I have high standards). Had a soup and a main dish. For me as a vegan it was all excellent. Beautifully presented as well. My friend (meat-eater) had a soup and a piece of cake. The cake was delicious , I tried a bite as well. Will definitely come back. Some people would find it a bit expensive, but in my opinion it isn't. It's fresh prepared, with ingredients of good quality. So everyone who (really) cooks, should agree it's worth the money. And the owner is very friendly.

Pros: fresh food, great taste, friendly

delicious AND healthy - Edit

I've been here twice since it opened, I normally don't go to restaurants in my hometown because I figure I can make better food at home, but for this one I gladly made (and will make) the exception. You can choose between two main dishes, both of them well-balanced in terms of structure and veg/grain proportion, and always a yummy sauce to add even more flavour. I'm a big fan, and even more now I found out it's actually gluten-free! Also, the desserts are (usually) free of refined sugar, and if you have any doubts they are happy to give you more information. You can see Katherine preparing the food, so it's very easy to talk to her.
Very good value for money, you'd spend the same on an ordinary (non-vegan) dinner in that area.

Pros: excellent food, helpful & friendly staff, good location, cosy vibe

SURPRISING, TASTEFUL, MADE WITH LOVE! - Edit

A special place to eat(organic,vegetarian and vegan) in the centre of Antwerp, near the GROTE MARKT.
You can eat here very good and the atmosphere is really nice.
The meals will surprise you and the desserts are finger-licking! :-)
If you want, you can eat only a soup or a dessert as well.
The owner of the restaurant, Katherine, is a very sympathetic person.
If you see and taste Katherine's dishes and desserts, it reflects her personality.
The food is fresh made, with a lot of love and creativity.
Vegetarian and tasteful match very well here!
Katherine also serves nice organic wines, herbal tea...
Once you have been there, you will definitely go back!
Enjoy it!:-)

Pros: tasteful food, friendly owner, nice atmosphere

mjan 28 Mar 2015 - Erg lekker gegeten in dit sfeervolle restaurantje! We konden kiezen uit 1 voorgerecht en 2 hoofdgerechten, alles besteld en gedeeld en als toetje heerlijke cheesecake. Echt een aanrader als je gezond uit eten wil !

Return to Antwerpen Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Bites and Wines - Onschuldig Genieten closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.