Bistro Vegano

+36-12221100

Kazincy utca 10, Budapest, Hungary, 1075

Extensive vegan menu of dishes with Indian and Mexican influenced. Located below El Rapido Grill & Tequila Bar which is non-veg and by the same owner. NOTE: the two restaurants share the same kitchen. Open Mon-Sun 11:00am-11:30pm.

Categories: Vegan, Indian, Fast food, Beer/Wine, Delivery, Take-out, Mexican, Fusion

First Review by selator

Not quite vegan place - Edit

This place is a little bit difficult to find because it's hidden on a narrow street. It doesn't say Bistro Vegano but some "El Rapido Grill" so at first I thought I'm not in the right place, only the blackboard where was written "Yes, we have vegan!" somehow convinced me to go there. The waiter was nice but his English was a little bit weak and he couldn't explain to me what certain vegan meals cointained in detail. The menu contained a few vegan meals but I still wasn't convinced that I can be sure that the meal will be 100% vegan. The restarurant was placed downstairs but the whole place upstairs and downstairs was a little bit chaotic and looked dirty and old. Eventually we ordered vegan lasagna and chilli con carne. The late one was quite good but lasagna with spinach sauce was a bit without any taste and there was no salt when I needed it. So I left the place quite dissapointed, so I wouldn't recommend this place to a strict vegan like myself but to someone who just wants to try vegan food and prefers "street fast food".

Pros: friendly staff, good value , vegan and non-vegan kitchens seperated

Cons: not all vegan , ambiance, location

speciel hours for vegans? - Edit

We just arrived to the town, late in the evening. Most of the vegan places to eat were closed, so we went to this place really hungry, just to find out that the kitchen were closed for vegan options at 8 o clock!!
Did'nt get any explenation to this weird rule.

Later on our trio, we lived right across the street, so we went back another day, in the mood for tequila and tacos!
They were sold out of tacos, so we ordered other vegan mexican dishes, all for were tasteless and flavourless. At least the tequila was good, and the downstairs room was cool decorated.

Not a vegan place - Edit

There are non-vegan items on their online menu.

Return to Budapest Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Bistro Vegano closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.