Bistro & Cafe Gartenliebe

Contact +49-36437777888

Grosse Kirchgasse 2 (at Jakobstrasse), Weimar, Germany, 99423

A vegan restaurant offering some regional and seasonal vegan delicacies. Fair trade coffee and drinks, such as juices and made-in-house lemonades are available. Open Mon-Fri 10:00am-9:00pm, Sat 2:00pm-9:00pm. Every second Saturday offers fine dining.

Category: Vegan, Organic, Raw, Juice bar, Beer/Wine, Take-out, Bakery, Catering, German

First Review by something unique

Fresh, regional, seasonal, self-grown (!) food - Edit

High class cuisine, done with love, regional, seasonal. The real thing. Located in city center (quiet side street); around eight seats outside and 15 inside. Friendly, good wireless LAN. Super fresh food that is very beautifully presented on the plate (see photos). This would be a posh, super expensive restaurant in London or Paris; here it is neighbourhood bistro. Food self-grown only 2 km away. Bow to this restaurant ;)

Great restaurant in Weimar - Edit

We went there for the first time and really enjoyed the food. I had their soup with smoked pepper and the taste was great. I also tasted their dish with different kinds of potatoes. There were blue and violet potatoes and all the kinds tasted differently.
The dishes were delicious, the staff was very friendly and the ingredients were seasonal and grown in the area.
I will definitely go there again when visiting Weimar again.

Worth pulling off the A4! - Edit

Superb, friendly restaurant just outside the touristic center of Weimar. Fantastic vegan synthesis of pan-Asia and German cuisine. Super fresh. Solid wine list of regional wines (and a bit further) Everything top notch. Vegan ice cream was superb. If your vegan or vegetarian traveling through this area of Germany and pining for a respite from dull gastronomical non-adventures. "Gartenliebe" is truly worth the detour. Plenty of parking, On a quite side way quite close in walking distance to Theaterplatz, Goethe Haus, etc.

Pros: fresh local ingredients, Top-notch vegan ice cream and pastries, The owner cooks.

The best vegan sushi till now - Edit

Gartenliebe is a very small and cozy place in Weimar. They have a daily menu and I chose to take variation of rolls. It was a very great choice, as I think I had the best sushi in my life with a very strong and great soya sauce and you could combine it with peanut butter. The variation of vegetable was also very diverse. Being a pedant for a coffee, I enjoyed my coffee also very much. When you in Weimar, don't miss this place for a lunch.

Pros: Great Food, Great Coffee, Very nice staff

Friendly and tasty - Edit

I had an early lunch at Gartenliebe this week, and I enjoyed it very much. The place is fairly small, bistro-style with four tables. They have a daily special and a fairly small number of a la carte items, starters and desserts. I have the root veg soup, which was really cheap and pretty good. It came with a topping of unusual greens whose names I have already forgotten (nettles that dod not sting! and something else). Maybe aside from the nettles not all that spectacular, home-cooking style. The cake I had for dessert was a bit more unusual, an apple cake that had the apples laid out on a chocolate spread (on top of a regular base). Pretty good. I paid 6 EUR for this, which was a very good deal.

Pros: good location, cheap, good vibe

Return to Weimar Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Bistro & Cafe Gartenliebe closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.