Biscuits and Groovy

Contact 512-220-9720

5015 Duval St (at 51st St), Austin, Texas, USA, 78751

Serves meat, vegan options available. A breakfast and brunch place. Menu items have musical names like: The Aretha Franklin, the Diana Ross, the Bee Gee, and the Gloria Gaynor. Mon-Fri 9:00am-2:00pm, Sat-Sun 8:30am-2:00pm

Category: Vegan-friendly, Lacto, American, Non-veg

First Review by RaspyRaspy

Hearty, filling, and satisfying - Edit

Most things can be veganized and the owner is super nice, so just ask. Every thing is prepared to order. I highly recommend it. But be sure to bring a friend (or two) - as others have said, they serve huge, satisfying portions, so you'll have plenty to share.

Pros: Big portions, Hearty

Great value, filling, and delicious - Edit

Huge portions! We shared the biscuits and gravy with like everything on it and then we had a breakfast sandwich as well. The two of us could barely finish all of this! It was really fantastic, and there is plenty of parking at this location. Will return.

Pros: Delicious

Groovy! - Edit

The staff was very friendly and happy to veganize and customize everything. The portions were huge and I couldn't finish my breakfast, although I did eat much more than normal because it was just so good.

hits the spot! - Edit

This place is awesome, funky little food truck that serves biscuits and gravy with different toppings. Everything can be made vegan if you ask. Tofu scramble, fake bacon, vegan gravy, daiya cheese, etc... And they have awesome french press coffee too. Covered outdoor seating, and great music playing:) Super nice staff who was happy to explain everything to us.
Call ahead if you're worried they wont be open, they're only open until 2pm.
Can't say it's "healthy", but sometimes you just want some delicious hot comfort food.

Pros: yummy, nice staff, good coffee

Cons: a little slow

a hearty veggie breakfast. - Edit

Very good food, unique veggie menu, very filling, inexpensive, and friendly service. The only problem is the hours. It took me 3 tries heading down there before I finally found it open when it said it would be. But it's good enough to go back.

Pros: unique veg. food, awareness

Cons: hours

Loved it! - Edit

This is a place where you will genuinely feel welcome. The owner is so so nice! There is only one picnic table with an umbrella for seating, so everyone has to share, but it's totally alright. It give it kind of a nice feel.

The food is also delicious! I had scrambled tofu, "sausage" and "bacon," with a biscuit, and my friend got pancakes. The "sausage" was a crumbly mix, handmade by the owner, that had really nice flavor to it, and tasted great with the scrambled tofu. I kept wanting to order more and more biscuits, they were so good.

Over all it was a really pleasant experience, and now both my friend and I aspire to have breakfast here every morning.

Pros: delicious biscuits, very friendly, affordable!

Cons: none?

Return to Austin Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Biscuits and Groovy closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 3062 times since Oct 2010.