BioWay - Waly Jagiellonskie

Contact 583017041

ul. Waly Jagiellonskie 34, Gdansk, Poland,

Offering vegetarian and vegan meals and has vegan muffins. Non-smoking with plenty of seating. There is an English menu that denotes which vegan meals are available. Has free Wi-Fi. Several locations in Poland. Discounts for students after 8pm. Closes 9pm.

Category: Vegan-friendly, Lacto, International, Organic, Western, Juice bar, Take-out, Polish

First Review by travelswithveg

Acceptable - Edit

The food is only acceptable, typical for a chain restaurant. It's often overcooked and bland in taste (seasoning is their weakest point). However, I recommend cheap and tasty soups as well as baked potatoes with tomato sauce. Nevertheless, I wouldn't recommend this place to anyone who would like to know what vegan food tastes like (it's hardly an advertisement).

Updated from previous review on 2016-11-17

Pros: Cheap and tasty vegetable soups, Vegan options are clearly marked, The staff is vegan-friendly

Cons: Clean toilet & accessible for the disabled, The food is bland and uninspired, Too expensive for this quality

average food - Edit

I ate there twice - first time had a vegan carrot cake which was ok. Went back for dinner the next day and both me and my friend thought the food was a bit tasteless. However, portions are massive so still a great value.

Good food fast - Edit

We had lunch here just after arriving at the Gdansk main railway station. The restaurant is close to the station and very easy to find. The service was friendly, the clerk spoke English well and explained the vegan options to us. We had crepes filled with spinach with tomato sauce and salad. The food was good and arrived quickly. Ginger drink and Kvass were also enjoyable on a hot day.

Pros: Fast and friendly service, Flavourful and healthy food, Inexpensive

Excellent place for vegan choices - Edit

What a nice place. You can sit in two different places inside, one outside or take the kids upstairs. You pick your main option and get it on a large plate. You then select what you want to add - coleslaw, cucumber, potatoes, sauce, etc. About $17-18zl. English menu and there was a lovely young English speaking girl to help us. I had the burritos (two big ones, share maybe?) and my wife the broccoli cutlets (I would call them rissoles). Highly recommended.

Pros: Excellent choices of food and dining areas.

Good for an emergency - Edit

Bioway is just a few minutes away from the train station, so it's perfect if you've just arrived and are starving. It's canteen-style and the menu shows you which things are vegan - the staff sent someone over to explain to us that we could then help ourselves to as many extras as we wanted. The food was good, but not amazing: it did its job. I really enjoyed the soya goulash, it had some good flavours and textures. My boyfriend said the broccoli cutlets were surprisingly good too. We both found the side dishes a little cold and couldn't see any information about which ones were vegan, so played it safe and didn't get anything too risky. It was solid, dependable fare.

Pros: Convenient location

Good, affordable food! - Edit

I had dinner at BioWay two times during my visit to Gdansk, and was happy with my food both times!
The first time I had a wrap, and the second time some kind of potato dish. They were both really good and filling, and I actually couldn't manage to finish either of the dishes because it was so much food! The prices were really good, and the restaurant was clean and fresh.
Although the staff wasn't particularly friendly, they did speak enough English to help us take our order.

Pros: Big portions, Good price, Clean

Cons: The staff was a bit grumpy, No english menu

My favourite in central Gdańsk! - Edit

I've been to Gdańsk a few times now and for the centre of town this place has become my favourite. There isn't much between them but I slightly prefer the Bioway chain to the Greenway one. There are many tasty vegan options, I have yet to try them all but certainly aim to! When I've been here the staff have always been friendly and helpful, even if there has been a language barrier. It is amazingly cheap (at least if you are from western Europe). There is no alcohol on sale but many good health drinks. The place itself is kind of canteen-like and functional but feels modern and clean. If in Gdańsk you really should go here, you won't be disappointed!!

Delicious Curry - Edit

Stopped at Bio Way on the way back to our apartment after a hard day on the tourist trail. Had the curry ... So delicious and just what I needed to get me all the way. Highly recommend.

Pros: Excellent range, Great flavour, Good prices

great canteen style food - Edit

Great place not far from the old town and train station. Mad a massive chunk of lovely lasagne with a selection of three fresh salads. Also great cold beetroot soup and a good selection of juices and drinks. Spotlessly clean and helpful staff.

Pros: large portions, very clean

Return to Gdansk Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has BioWay - Waly Jagiellonskie closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 2547 times since Sep 2010.