BioMio

Contact 45-33312000

Halmtovet 19, Copenhagen, Denmark, Dk-1700

Serves meat, vegan options available. Hipster organic open kitchen with casual high top dining. Great for groups. Open Mon-Sun 12:00pm-4:00pm, Mon-Sat 5:00pm-10:00pm, Sun 5:00pm-9:00pm.

Category: Vegan-friendly, Lacto, Organic, Non-veg

First Review by Aurora Furuseth

Clean, wholesome and creative organic food - Edit

Have eaten here for years over several visits to Copenhagen. Consistently delicious, great atmosphere and very reasonable prices for Copenhagen. Has wi-fi but we found it impossible to connect.

Pros: organic, good for mixed groups with meat eaters, good beers and wines

No substantial vegan options for lunch - Edit

I went to BioMio for lunch and the menu had nothing vegan to offer other than the side of hummus with carrots and cucumbers. The waitress also was not very accommodating in trying to find an option for me.

Pros: Organic food, Nice interior

Cons: Only one vegan option (a side), Not accommodating

Not amazing - Edit

I had lucnh there and to be honest it wasn't the most amazing experience ever. They only had 2 vegan options.
I had hummus with crackers, which was very very tasty!
The vegan gazpacho, which i didn't like at all. Their lemonade was very tasty though. A bit expensive, but the portion sizes are fine and i defiantly felt full afterwards.

Just ok - Edit

We chose BioMio as our group was comprised of 2 vegans and 6 meat eaters, so wanted a place that had something for everyone.

There are 3 vegan options on the menu. One is a snack hummus which comes with a couple of crackers. I ordered it and it tasted good, but there weren't enough crackers so I ate the rest with a spoon.

For my main course I had the polenta. It's basically polenta with some mushrooms, turnips (I think) and corn, maybe another vegetable or two. It tasted fine, but wasn't overly flavorful. But I think it was fine for polenta.

The 3rd vegan option is a gazpacho soup appetizer. I did not get it though.

With the 2 options I chose, I felt full enough but could have eaten dessert. Unfortunately, there are no vegan desserts as of now and they did not offer to make anything.

The service was friendly and relatively fast. It was very easy to split the bill, as it tends to be in Denmark anyway.

Note- there is a menu option for unlimited bread and water, however we were told that the bread is not vegan, as it has milk in it.

So overall, it was fine because we had something ok to eat and it was a mixed crowd, but I probably won't go again unless they revise the menu.

Pros: Good for groups, Friendly service

Cons: Expensive for what it was, No vegan dessert

Huge place, small, expensive portions - Edit

Vegan options few, great that it's organic, tons of space for groups and kids, pretty bad service, nice drinks

Pros: organic, convenient location, space for kids to play, large groups

Cons: flavors not always great, small portions, not many vegan options

A very disappointing experience - Edit

We had the only marked vegan main course, creamy polenta with veggies. The portion was terribly small, and lacked both protein and flavor. We complained about the size, and expected some sort of follow-up, a compensation like an additional snack, but were instead ignored until we went to pay. We payed 175 DKK (26,32 USD) for a dinner the size of a dessert, and felt just as hungry leaving as we did when we came. It's great that BioMio serves all-organic food and beverages, but unless they add some protein-rich vegan meals to their menu, I will not recommend it for other vegans looking for a satisfying dinner.

Updated from previous review on Sunday June 14, 2015

Pros: One marked vegan main course, Good beer

Cons: Lack of calories, protein and flavor, Poor service for discontent customers, Poor selection for vegans

Return to Copenhagen Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has BioMio closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.