First Review by HappyBen

Still the best organic supermarket in Bonn - Edit

Momo has been an experience for me since i was in first class. I still remember the old store near the Rhein, very small and familiar and how i loved the smell of fresh bread and raisin buns. Compared to the small breads from other stores, they were so small but heavy and still love the taste of these raisin buns. The new store is way bigger and not quite as charming but still unique and as far as i know run by some of the same people from these old days ;-). When i was there with my mum or dad, shopping at an organic "Bioladen" was exotic and children laughed about all these organic products in school (as much as they laught about discounter stuff in times we had not that much money) but looking back, i am grateful for the extra efforts my parents showed.
The "new" Momo is know at the heart of Beuel since some years, it improved its product range a lot and there is no better place in Bonn to buy Apples or Organic cheese. I have the impression the bakery not quite reaches the level i remember from my childhood, but it is still above average and better then most organic stores. Today, Momo offers everything for your daily grocery needs as well as tea, wine and spices. And being in the market for 30 years. it still has the spirit of the "early days".
Btw. Family packages of stuff like shampoo or olive oil are hard to find elsewhere with such a fair price.

Pros: Best organic store in Bonn., fruit (apples) and cheese selection, fair prices

Return to Bonn Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Bioladen Momo closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 769 times since Jan 2010.