First Review by saluscow

Great health food shop - Edit

This place has a wonderful selection of non dairy milk, in a variety of flavors. They also offer a selection of various mock meats, including Viana (made in tofu town!) brand mock meats. They also offer many whole grains and a selection of bio beer and wine.

The location is also very good. It just a few meters from the main square in Trier.

Pros: Location, Viana, Free WC

Cons: No more vegan cheeses, No more non dairy ice cream

BioGate a welcome refuge for heated travellers! - Edit

I am visiting Germany in July and it is very hot. We decide to visit the ancient city of Trier with Roman Ruins. My friend says there is a health food store around the bend. I am tired and hungry but too not to eat hot food. As we enter the wide open entrance to BioGate we are greeted with Halos from the full service counter. My friend orders a vegetarian dish with mushroom, rice and red peppers. I order the first of 3 smoothies. The first smoothie has whey protein and fruit. My second is the orange and banana. The third is called Frau Power filled with organic red beet juice and celery. All 3 smoothies were delicious and freshly made to order. Counter staff were more than helpful in finding an English speaking worker to assist us with the German menus. We shopped in the store after lunch finding many wonderful products. The store manager told me that there is another store in Wittlich closer to where I am staying. If you visit Trier, you cannot afford to miss BioGate just in view of the ancient ruins of the Roman Empire, the Porta Nigra.

Pros: friendly, helpful , fresh food

Cons: none

Return to Trier Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has BioGate closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 2990 times since Aug 2007.