Bio Solo Organico

Humboldt 2192, Palermo Viejo, Buenos Aires, Argentina

Organic vegetarian restaurant with cottage-style interior located on a tree-lined street off the main drag of town, moved here in 2012. Menu is also in English. Lunch for one costs around $100+ pesos. Open Mon-Sun 12:00am-12:00am, Mon-Sun 10:00am-12:00am.

Category: Vegan-friendly, Lacto, Ovo, Organic, Western, Argentinian

First Review by button

muito gostoso - Edit

Ambiente e comida muito gostosos. Super indico!

My dish was so so - but others food looked great - Edit

I visited Bio in July 2016 whilst exploring the Palermo area of BA.

I found it a little odd that you needed to press a buzzer to enter, though it's not really a big issue.

As I'm a fan of seitan/gluten products, I ordered the gluten steak dish, which was served with an optional cheese sauce and some limp greens. I've grown up eating gluten steaks, and so I guess I have pretty high standards, and this simply didn't cut it. It was thin and too rubbery for my liking, and the batter just kinda fell off it into the sauce. The greens were more token than anything, and it would have been much better to have been given a proper salad. It is after all a veggie place.

The bread that was served at the start was really nice.

Service was friendly, but a little slow. Having said that, it was prime time lunch time, and they were busy.

I did admire plates of food on other tables and wished that I had ordered something else.

So in short, whilst my meal was disappointing, I would definitely give this place a second chance as the food on other people's plates, which I had unfortunately not ordered, looked great!

Pros: Other people's food looked nice

Cons: My dish wasn't very tasty

Excelente - Edit

Fui a almorzar a Bio y lo pase muy bien. Pedí un tofu a la mostaza con arroz yamaní y fue verdaderamente genial. La porción es abundante y la atención diez puntos. Me pareció bien la relación precio-calidad. Además venden productos orgánicos! Lo único que podría mejorar es el lugar, ampliarlo ya que es chico y se llena bastante rápido. Volveré! Buenas vibras :)

Pros: Porción abundante y de calidad, atención y ubicaci

Cons: Espacio pequeño.

Ask for the rice vegan empanadas - Edit

Several vegan options and some gluten free too. If you visit here, try the rice vegan empanadas (enpanadas de arroz veganas). The Green leafs one are ok, but the squash or onions are amazing!

Really good food in good atmosphere at Bio - Edit

We had a delicious meal at Bio, particularly the raw soup that was incredible! Zingingly fresh and tasty, and so healthy. Lovely chilled atmosphere, and live music was advertised for the following evening...

Pros: Raw food, Good wine, Lovely atmosphere, sometimes hosting live music

Friendly & cozy atmosphere with great organic food - Edit

Fresh home made vegetarian food with plenty of vegan options. The mushroom rice dish was my fav and the hummus. I'd go back just for the cozy and warm atmosphere.

Delicious Food - Edit

Good, interesting vegetarian food with some vegan options. They always have a special for dinner. The pizza con arroz yamani crocante con chop suey de vegetables is one of the best vegetarian pizzas I've ever had. Really good organic wine. Friendly service

yummy - Edit

Discovered this place by pure hazard, wandering around. Bumped there in the peak evening's hour, the place was almost full and the atmosphere very pleasant.

As a starter they served me homemade whole grain bread (still warm from the oven) and a delicious vegan creamy spread. I had the day's special pumpkin soup and it was surprizingly yummy, spicy and super tasty. The menu is full of interesting proposals including some crazy sounding desserts and drinks. The prices are on the steep side but I'd say they are worth it.

Muy buena calidad pero demasiado caro - Edit

Los platos son buenísimos, pero la verdad que demasiado caro para lo que son. No llenan para nada y salen entre 70 y 80 pesos argentinos. La pizza cruda con queso de castañas de cajú, por ejemplo, prometía ser un plato principal pero eran dos pedacitos míseros delgaditos que no llenaban ni a un niño. La torta cruda con baño de frambuesas de postre sí estaba perfecta.

Da la sensación que ese restaurant es para un público de alto poder adquisitivo que come vegano por moda, más que para veganos de verdad.

Pros: Muy rica comida, Lindo ambiente

Cons: Demasiado caro, Porciones muy chicas

Intimate all-organic and vegetarian - Edit

Bio is a small and welcoming restaurant with room for maybe 30 inside and several tables outside on the sidewalk if the weather is nice. It's all-organic and all-vegetarian, they do have dairy cheese and ice cream but also have a few dishes with vegan cheese and ice cream alternatives. About 60-70% of the whole menu is or can be made vegan so there are plenty of choices. They also have about 10 raw dishes so if you're looking for high-quality food in Buenos Aires, this is an excellent resource. In addition to their main purpose as a restaurant, they also have some organic food products for sale as well as cooking classes and do catering. The menu is in Spanish and English and I believe some of the staff speak English.

It is a hard area to park on the street in, they do offer validation for one hour at one parking lot so if you're planning to pay for parking check which lot first. They accept reservations and I recommend calling ahead if going at a popular time like weekend dinner as the place is fairly small and does fill up.

In the evening, they light candles and it's a fun environment; I've seen a number of birthday dinners there. When you're seated, they'll bring you bread and a (vegan) spread complimentary starter. I recommend the rice empanadas which get a tiny bit crunchy and were excellent -- the filling varies but I believe is always vegan. In my experience all the dishes are good and filling but a few seem to be rather salty so ask if you're sensitive to that. Be sure to save room for dessert! They also have a limited wine and beer selection and even a few vodka drinks, as well as natural fruit juices. I haven't been for breakfast or lunch but they do have offerings for all times of day.

Recommended!!

Pros: Healthy, Lots of choices, Positive environment

Cons: Not so easy to get there/park, Might require reservation

Wonderful surprise in the city of parrillas! - Edit

This is a must go place if you are vegetarian/vegan and in Buenos Aires! Amazing food, lots of options, big plates, good prices! Few vegan options, but they are flexible with modificiations, and willing to help you! The desserts are simply amazing!!!! Wonderful red berries icecream, unbelievable! I would definitely go there next time we are in Buenos Aires!

Pros: Great location, Amazing food, Wonderful desserts

Cons: Not many vegan options, Some itens on the menu not avaliable

Beautiful place! - Edit

The place looks beautiful, the service is awesome, the atmosphere is comfortable, tasty food, creative and healthy dishes with beautiful presentation.

The cooks put too much attention on their stunning looking dishes, but they forget that the food is suppose to be eaten and not just looked at. My boyfriend and I struggled trying to eat the food - though it tasted really good, it was really difficult to cut and eat because of its fancy decor, so I made a mess of my plate.

We ordered the Gluten Free Vegan Pizza - The crust was so hard that not even a steak knife could puncture it.
Also the Raw Temaki, which was difficult to eat without destroying the whole thing.

The ginger lemonade was lovely!

Pros: Good atmosphere, Excellent service, Creative and tasty menus

Cons: Difficult to eat without making a mess

Contributions +139

tasteless burger - Edit

I was here in may & was disappointed with burger, not sure if it was lentil or quinoa but it was tasteless. I was disappointed as review were great. Could do with more spice or flavour. Nice restaurant&staff

Pros: healthy food, vegan friendly, nice staff

Cons: needs more flavour

excellent food in a great neighborhood - Edit

After a week in Argentina trying to find something vegan to eat (which basically meant tomato sauce over pasta) I was thrilled with Bio. They do really interesting things with spices and with vegan protein substitutes (my seitan had a lovely, soft texture I hadn't experienced before). The service was excellent also and the full table of people I was with (mostly meat eaters) raved about the restaurant as well. I'm not surprised that Bio offers cooking classes and that people take them because the food clearly benefits from knowing experimentation.

Pros: excellent food, lovely atmosphere, in the great neighborhood of Palermo

Cons: none!

Really good food - Edit

Not many places like this in Buenos Aires... very healthy, menu changes often. Ginger lemonade is amazing! The place is really cute too. Only complaint is that the service is sometimes a bit slow.

Pros: Excellent Food, Lots of variety, Different flavors for Argentines

Cons: Slow

great food & even better service! - Edit

I had the quinoa and sweet potato starter which could have easily fed two or done as a main. Lovely crisp salad to compliment. My friend had the millet schnitzel with wok style veggies, also a good size and delicious. These were eased down with some tasty chai and a mixed juice. Fresh! We couldn't resist the raw chocolate cake, shared for desert, scrumptious! The location was lovely, we sat outside on the street and the service was attentive and efficient. The lovely waiter even found googled the address of the closet homeopathic store so I could get some things. Very much went the extra mile ;)

They moved right in front - Edit

I am leaving below the comment I did a while ago. I used to love this place. They now moved, right in front and when we went there to eat the kitchen staff was different, the place was not ready at all and the prices had gone way up! The food was ok, but not at all for what we were charged. First get your place ready, then make sure your new chef is awesome and theeeen raise the prices! Maybe it has improved but I am not taking the chance to go there again.

We had a great dinner and lovely time. The place is nice, the people that work there were very nice... and the food was AMAZING. It has lots of vegan options and they are marked with a little leaf on the menu (so you don't have to ask 20 times if something has animal derived ingredients), there are options for celiacs (marked on the menu too) and MANY RAW OPTIONS! The Raw Soup was specially powerful. Yummy juices. And you can buy cookies, sweets, bread, tea, etc. Everything's organic.
Updated from previous review on Sunday July 24, 2011

Pros: Vegan-Celiac-Raw options

Cons: EXPENSIVE

Great place for vegans - Edit

Great place for vegans, including some raw food. Recommended!

Pros: Friendly staff, Food taste, Enviroment

Return to Buenos Aires Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Bio Solo Organico closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.