BIO-Natural Restaurant & Store

Contact 9841697680

10 av between Constituyentes and Calle 16, Playa Del Carmen, Mexico, 77710

Serves meat, vegan options available. Organic store and restaurant situated behind Quinta Alegría Mall. Offers vegetarian sandwiches, salads, pasta, smoothies, but also chicken is on the menu. Store sells a wide range of products such as coconut oil, organic gum, lettuce, soy yogurt, cereal, quinoa, and personal care products like shampoo, soap, neem toothpaste. Previously at Calle 26. Open Mon-Sun 8:00am-11:00pm.

Category: Vegan-friendly, Lacto, Organic, Western, Mediterranean, Delivery, Take-out, Non-veg

First Review by SimoneTracey

Good food and expansive range of organic products - Edit

I have been coming for some time now, I originally just shopped here as I like the range of organic products. I recently starting eating here and the food is really good, I think they do the best omelete in Playa del Carmen. I ate a free range omelete with sun dried tomatoes and organic goat cheese. I followed up with pan-cakes, and later that day I came back for a veggie-burger. The juices are great too. My only knock on the place was the guy who served me during the day he made a lot of mistakes with my order and then directly complained to me about the amount of money I left as a tip. This is the 2nd time they have made errors with my order which is a little frustrating to be honest.

Pros: Great Food, Organic Products, Well priced

Cons: Waiters make mistakes with food orders, Guy complained about his tip, Waiter gave me plastic cup for juice

Good amount of products to chose from - Edit

Good choice of products, prices are not low but in line with most similar shops in the city. The Vegan Ice Cream is very good! They do sell "organic" chicken so not really a vegetarian shop although most of the products are.

Pros: Many products

Cons: "organic" chicken?, prices

Mostly Vegetarian - Edit

Overall good restaurant with a fair choice of different meals and consistently good quality. Started as vegetarian but unfortunantely they promote a lot the "organic" eggs and after some time even started with "organic chicken"! Obviously not vegetarian anymore but with still the biggest part of the menu being vegetarian/vegan.

Pros: Mostly Vegetarian/Vegan

Cons: Chicken at a vegetarian restaurant???

Oasis for health foodies! - Edit

We love it here :) The menu features an AMAZING veggie burger (best in Carmen for sure) great hummus, fun rice dishes and a cool lasagne made with polenta in leu of noodles. The staff is SUPER friendly and incredibly attentive. The service is fast and efficient too. The health food store attached to the restaurant carries nuts, seeds, vinegars, spices, honey, faux meats, tofu, protein powder and more.

Pros: Quick AND friendly service, awesome breakfast, great selection

Good one - Edit

if you plan to buy some organic products and need to eat something, this is your place. the shop is quite big for Playa and the restaurant offers a variety of organic vegetarian and vegan food. try the Oro Liquido juice.

Pros: shop and restaurant all together

Cons: a bit expensive

Impressive health food shop! - Edit

I may have spent a small fortune in the shop with (now wait for it...) nutritional yeast (pricey but how I love the stuff and can't find it in DF), queso de vegano (with almonds) and lots of yummy things.

The cafe is really cool too. Very helpful staff who are very friendly. Wish I ate there again because the menu looked quite tasty

Pros: nutritional yeast!, ton of vegan options, nice staff

Cons: may be tempted to spend your salary

So Convenient! - Edit

I love having a health food store so close to the heart of town. They have all the typical supplies (except for fresh fruit and veg), with some extras unique to Mexico.

Pros: Great Products, Convenient Location, Friendly Staff

Perfect! - Edit

Originally located at the far north end of 5th Avenue, Bio-Natural is now positioned perfectly under my favorite yoga studio - Yoga By the Way.

This is a health food store and organic veggie restaurant - great to fill up on nutritious supplies or for a delicious spirulina smoothie and body-nourishing feast.

Today I had the "Vegan Casserole with Eggplant, Tahini and Grated Tofu" and it was AMAZING.

Pros: Convenient, Delicious

Like a second home - Edit

I love this place, this is always my first option when I'm in town, the service is great on both; the store and the restaurant, service is very good and the food is simply delicious! all kinds of options for vegetarians and at a really good price, breakfast are the specialty but the entire menu is something you should try.

At the Quiet End of Playa - Edit

Friendly service and I eally enjoyed the meals here. A simple vegetable broth soup and excellent felafel pitta bread was happily gobbled down. On another ocassion,I enjoyed a scrumptious dish comprising of eggplant and soft tofu in a more Japanese style curry sauce served with a wholesome rice. A big yum. I would have liked to have tried their burgers too but ran out of time.... Not a very atmospheric place, but that's OK. All good.

Return to Playa Del Carmen Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has BIO-Natural Restaurant & Store closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.